CAN A NOKTA ANFIBIO HIT A 14 INCH SILVER DIME???

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At Max Threshold on 1 Ground balance and drop it by 10 max sensitivity cord straight up the shaft 8 inches wrapped in front not the back. All metal mode Boom Baby all day long. Not choppy like the Minelab equinox 800 with so many tones you feel like your at a Elton John symphony I have both machines I have set the nox to 2 tones still choppy signals I like both Machines but the max with iron disc, notch out, roll tone, This Max is a coin killer all day long deep solid signals no programs though you gotta know the correct frequency to use and when

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely a beast. Any seperation testing coming?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All metal is a useless feature on the ATMax if your around any iron.....You and the Hoover Boys are really about the only ones I see singing the praises of the Max. Except for the few on the garrett sub forum that dont know any better because all they have ever used is garretts..That whole discrim all metal gimmick Garrett pulled with the ATMax well is …This Anfibio out classes the Max in a lot of ways...and I will name one it has a Iron Vol,,,If your using all metal on the Max then you need to see this.... check this video out.. AROUND the 6 minute mark is where the feelings hurt parts start .

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a beast. Any seperation testing coming?

Yes ,down a down the barrell with the concentric coil and it passes with flying colors..

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notch out no iron you gotta know how to use the max John Edmunton watch all his videos I know you test all these brands just for something to do really nothing in it for you!!!!! I don't think anyone buys that. but they are funny to watch

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notch out no iron you gotta know how to use the max John Edmunton watch all his videos I know you test all these brands just for something to do really nothing in it for you!!!!! I don't think anyone buys that. but they are funny to watch Plus I can pick a coin out of iron also. I don't hunt around a lot of iron anyway and not a lot of people do.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Calabash Digger, what is your overall opinion on the AT Max? In your opinion, does the fact that it has trouble with iron in all-metal mode not make it the best choice for an all around relic/coin machine? How much better does it perform in zero mode vs all metal? I am asking because I am saving to possibly get one (sorry to ask so many questions!)

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure , notch out the iron in all metal disc mode...:laughing9: Or just buy a better detector...:laughing7: John is so tied up with Garrett he cant even use another brand...:icon_scratch: I tell the truth as I see it and show videos to back it up. GO PROS are cheap . Question if you notch out the iron tone in all metal then what is the disc feature for on the all metal? I thought it was to help the user tell iron from non ferrous targets??? Like I said a Garrett gimmick.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has a horrible iron tone...and it has no iron volume . You either have to disc out the iron and not here it or be blasted by the horrible iron tone. Having no iron tone on that unit made it basically useless for relics IMO. We listen to the iron so we can locate the old houses on sites.....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are way better choices out there at this time for the money...the one in this thread is a good contender....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give me a few minutes to upload a clip and I will show you why I think the AT MAX is a dog detector in iron...

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check this out...if you think this machine sounds good then more power to you! AT MAX iron audio on...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can use either one.Just because two features can be used on iron when you only need one is fine. disc is a little more sensitive to how much and its starts with iron and the more you turn it up it cancels more metals up the scale. Notch out is different than discrimination cause I can notch out bottle caps and still get iron so if I notch out botlle caps say 60 to 70 on my vdi I still get everything below and above that's the difference. I see thousands of the videos and tests you do pages and pages but you say you do it and are not sponsored, to promote or paid,???. Even the air tests we don't detect air we detect in all kinds of ground conditions mineralized ect that's where it counts . Every detector has good and bad points I agree. I hunt with my buddies who have minelabs we all find deep coins and relics I stay away from iron and so do they!!!!! Just look at all the finds people have made with their Garretts. We all have our opinions just mine!!!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the equinox 800 great machine it does not hit as deep and solid as the Max There are things I like more with it than the max and things I like less this was another machine with tons of hype no matter what it was like it has to be good lol. Heres the thing I see that there are so many machines and different features for different types of hunting coins and relics the max for sure the 800 a great coin machine just not as solid signals at the same depth, Too many tones even when using two tones they vary. The main thing is most all these machines if you get your coil over it will hit we all find cool stuff.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So let me get this straight! A company paid me to say the AT MAX has a horrible iron tone....:laughing7: If you dont hunt iron you should not be over here trying to lecture me on my threads about what I say about a detector's performance in iron. WE LIVE IN THE IRON while detecting...and have the finds from the iron to prove we know how to hunt in it.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Calabash.
Don’t think I have seen a video of a video where someone explains.
Do more of these.
Spectacular!!!
Yeah who wants to listen to that garbage all day.lol

Not to mention stockmcoil to stock coil there are better performers in iron using disc mode on all.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom line is this Garrett dropped the ball on the A T MAX by not putting a iron volume on it...As far as comparing the Nox to the AT max I will leave you to that because IMO the Max is not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as the Equinox. Unless its a sentence telling how the Equinox obsoleted the Garrett AT series..:headbang:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if you like rice crispies the At Max just might be for you.
Sort of an expensive box of cereal though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions