TEJON,ANFIBIO,EQUINOX ON COLONIAL GOLD...

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you say the EQ was at 40Khz? Good infro. as always, I just wanted to be clear as to what the 800 was set at Calabash. As has often been, some of your videos are really good "eye openers" for me.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
multi tone park 2...higher weighted freq program..

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
multi tone park 2...higher weighted freq program..

OK then, thank you. Pretty amazing stuff with this 800. Reason I asked is, there are two long parking strips I've driving past many times, never thought much about them before, nothing there NOW except a wreaking yard, and for some reason yesterday my gut told me that there is a silver coin there for me somewhere. Thought I'd start in Park 1, go over again in Park 2, then a 3rd time in my tried, true and trusty Field 2. Thank you for the reply.

Arkie

Feb 16, 2017
NE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Tejon, Lobo LST (2), Shadow X2, Bandido 2 Umax, Silver Sabre Umax, Mojave, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tejon

Tejon relic hunters typically set the No 1 disc to just knock out iron and the No 2 disc to just accept a nickel.

In your video the No 1 disc is set way up around "foil". Turn it back down to where is just rejects iron.

If you want to verify if a site is iron infested? go ahead and accept Iron on the No 1 disc and verify that there is or is not iron and go back to the above settings.

Your videos would be better served letting an experienced person use the detector you're comparing against and preferably in the field on an actual hunt.

Set it up like that and you'll hear the gold, iron is iron whether it's a nail or a plow part.

And yes, relic hunters dig pretty much every decent signal regardless of the detector make or model.

Last edited:

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hate how you make me want more expensive crap! Just cause I know it would work in my sites! I’ve been using Tesoros for 5 years. There is many times that my experience can not save me where a multi tone machine would be able too. I should mention this is only an issue in the worst iron

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to set it there to knock out the nails....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tejon relic hunters typically set the No 1 disc to just knock out iron and the No 2 disc to just accept a nickel.

In your video the No 1 disc is set way up around "foil". Turn it back down to where is just rejects iron.

If you want to verify if a site is iron infested? go ahead and accept Iron on the No 1 disc and verify that there is or is not iron and go back to the above settings.

Your videos would be better served letting an experienced person use the detector you're comparing against and preferably in the field on an actual hunt.

Set it up like that and you'll hear the gold, iron is iron whether it's a nail or a plow part.

And yes, relic hunters dig pretty much every decent signal regardless of the detector make or model.

I had the first disc set to knock out a nail...….That's what it takes with that Tejon. FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO VERIFY IRON.....:laughing9: OR just buy a detector with a iron tone...Just what I want to do verify five hundred nails on a relic site... BTW thanks for the relic lesson!

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stop worrying about which metal detectors are the best. Just get out and start looking for some treasure.

Arkie

Feb 16, 2017
NE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Tejon, Lobo LST (2), Shadow X2, Bandido 2 Umax, Silver Sabre Umax, Mojave, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're welcome CD, actually it was a Tejon lesson. iron?? Once you know it's there why go around listening to it grunt all day, one of the benefits of Tesoro silent search, still want to hear Iron? Check it with the no 2 disc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread