Deus , Equinox, Anfibio , and others..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice video, thank you for making/sharing! :icon_thumleft:

wingding

Greenie
May 12, 2019
Pennsylvania- U.P Michigan- Montana
Detector(s) used
First 1964 Relco- White's Coinmaster 4 - White's Eagle SL - Garrett 2500- Minelab GP Extreme- Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the best instructional and educational video's i have ever come across. If there was one video I would make mandatory for all metal detectors enthusiast and especially beginners, this would be it. Calabash Digger explains things in a way EVERYONE can understand!

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Technology aint changed in 30 years. I just cant stand it, almost makes me want to throw up when I hear it." :laughing9: This is my favorite line. Keep your great videos coming Calabash!

Discriminator

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Whites DFX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A look at these 3 and others...

What do you think of the V3i? How does it compare today?

Frankly I don't like the XP or Nox design philosophy and support options. Anfabio is interesting but I like the true MF and information the V3i provides. I may don't know how it compares today

Discriminator

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Whites DFX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A look at these 3 and others...

What do you think of the V3i? How does it compare today?

Frankly I don't like the XP or Nox design philosophy and support options. Anfabio is interesting but I like the true MF and information the V3i provides. I may don't know how it compares today

TORCHRIDER

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@calabash digger

I realize this is an older video, but it's a good one. Very informative. I am brand new to the hobby and the Equinox is the finder I was looking at. Your video helped to support my decision.
Now to decide between the 600 and 800. I am in Texas and plan to hunt for coins and relics on land as well as rivers and the Gulf beaches.
If I'm not prospecting for Gold is there a reason to get the 800 over the 600?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
@calabash digger

I realize this is an older video, but it's a good one. Very informative. I am brand new to the hobby and the Equinox is the finder I was looking at. Your video helped to support my decision.
Now to decide between the 600 and 800. I am in Texas and plan to hunt for coins and relics on land as well as rivers and the Gulf beaches.
If I'm not prospecting for Gold is there a reason to get the 800 over the 600?

40 kHz for gold hunting but I use that for hunting in my dirt sometimes because of my mineralization and not that I really prescribe to the higher frequency theory but I still am always on the lookout for gold.
Then again...I am weird.
Some more control over some features, extra tone adjustments which I like and appreciate but others could care less.
An enhanced iron bias option, can be very useful in some situations but in others not so much.
The WM08 module to attach better wired headphones but still not be tethered to the detector and a set of wireless phones included which are just ok.
The 600 is set up for wireless, I believe, but you have to add accessories to utilize it.
Most of the rest is pretty much the same, maybe a few less numbers you can find tune and adjust to on the 600 vs the 800 on one or two features but the full range is still there for you to use.

I opted for the 800 because I could afford it and I am the type that would rather have something and not need it than need it and not have it.
Happy I did because I do use and enjoy some of the enhancements but others don't care because they won't miss what they never had.

Kinda like the F75 and F70...different costs because of the extra whistles and a few more bells but at the core both have the same basic power and abilities so something for everybody.
Figure out which features will make you happy then you do you.
They both find stuff more than well.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread