Anfibio , Equinox, Deus on hot ground...

Rszlazar

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude! outstanding videos thanks for all the latest! cheers n enjoy all them goodies n have a good Christmas

Rszlazar

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the start of something great here... lots of scope to improve ur game if u can set ur machines up to produce even in the toughest of ground. But test gardens don't show anything remember. Did someone say misinformation..

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
Wow! What I learned was not to go hunting in that dirt!

Not partial to any of those detectors (I don't have any of them) but it is strange that the Nox didn't see it in part 1 since the others did. I mean why wouldn't it see it? Not configurable enough? Maybe adjust ground balance higher (40-50) on the Nox?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know....That's what the Nox balanced itself at so I have to trust it.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That explains a lot to me sometimes I wonder why I’m not getting deeper with the 800. This Louisiana dirt can ground balance 30’s thru the 70’s.

TheEquinoxHunter

Nov 22, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like dirt from a drained lake in the winter. Try the nox on 23 and then 25 sens. I generally hunt with it on 23 or 25. I know in my test bed, a jump from 22 to 23 and 25 makes a difference on targets in my dirt. Also the KR24 5x9.5DD coil for the Anfibio is by far my fav coil for it. I prefer it to the 11

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Nox but in that test it is what is... My dirt is mild... Thank the Lord !

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice detector test, thank you for your time! :occasion14:

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have liked to see the NOX and the Anfibio both set to a single higher frequency just out of curiosity. Obviously neither machine can run as high as the Deus but it would have been cool to see.

Oddly enough you guys are calling this hot dirt but that's a very low ground balance where I'm from. I'm normally in the 80's here(canada) with my Makro Multi Kruzer, which is mostly the same software as the Anfibio. I still get better depth than that easily BUT.......when I'm in a dirt that has a high clay content(or silica?) that balances lower than normal, it seems to really block the depth on the machines. There are a few places where I'm lucky to get 3 inches.......one being a lake bottom at a particular beach I hunt. Fortunately most things don't sink far in that clay but it's hell. I guess that material is not as conductive? Or perhaps just too dense, more like a brick or clay tile? Hate it.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have liked to see the NOX and the Anfibio both set to a single higher frequency just out of curiosity. Obviously neither machine can run as high as the Deus but it would have been cool to see.

Oddly enough you guys are calling this hot dirt but that's a very low ground balance where I'm from. I'm normally in the 80's here(canada) with my Makro Multi Kruzer, which is mostly the same software as the Anfibio. I still get better depth than that easily BUT.......when I'm in a dirt that has a high clay content(or silica?) that balances lower than normal, it seems to really block the depth on the machines. There are a few places where I'm lucky to get 3 inches.......one being a lake bottom at a particular beach I hunt. Fortunately most things don't sink far in that clay but it's hell. I guess that material is not as conductive? Or perhaps just too dense, more like a brick or clay tile? Hate it.

Yeah this Louisiana clay is hell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions