AT Gold vs Equinox 800

TheEquinoxHunter

Nov 22, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive compared my At maxx and pro to the Nox and its just no contest in seperation/unmasking and depth, The 800 is on another level.

Im not brand loyal, I use my T2se the most. Sold the At series, the only thing garrett is good at is pinpointers. You have to be a real novice to defend garrett detectors and think they are great. I buy andntest machines 24/7 and garrett will never have a spot in my arsenal. Hope this helps would be buyers.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive done the same thats why you bought the pro and then the max, and the ace 250 ;isted on your profile, Wow cant even make this stuff up wow!!!!!! and I see all the great finds you have posted. All the hype will wear off just like the 1500 etrac that people I know still try to learn how to program/ I like my machine people like thiers so you get to hear us after we hear you polite;y of course.. Lithium batteries like in the old cell phones lol really @@@@@

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a post of your hero getting ripped doing the minelab push to tesoro users 11 REASONS WHY NOT TO BUY TESORO Im looking for the post where you admit to doing reviews for dealers which you said in CAPS you dont take me a few to find it

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can defend the garrets all you want BUT they are lacking in the iron hunting department. Your assessment of the learning curve on the Equinox is flawed. IMO I dont care about the customer service either , I care about pulling targets from the iron. You need to spend some more time with the Equinox and maybe then you will see the light....:tongue3: You said you like the pro better for target separation....That's funny...did you see the video???? :laughing7:
Ive seen many vids I posted some from when you trashed tesoro even some mods called you out lol You dont care about customer service then Minelab is for you!!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tommy. Any machine takes hundreds of hours to become efficient with and really get to know. I've had my 800 for 9 months and hunted a lot and I learn something new every time out. You're definitely in the minority when you claim the Max is more capable than the Equinox. Everyone has their own opinions and some people just seem to gel better with different machines.

I'm still just wondering if you know where the power button is on your 800! Lol. Hey, to each their own!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy you can come at me all you want. Your not gonna catch me lying about a detector. Could I be wrong about something? Yes I am human. Do I mislead people to get them to buy detectors? Absolutely NOT! Do I get paid to say sweet things about a certain brand ? NO!

I did not say what The equinox hunter said but I do agree with his assessment of someone saying stuff like you're saying....Really your about the only one making such claims.....you might want to check out your facts.

For the record and let me get this straight..... YOU'RE saying the Garrett AT max is on the same level as the Equinox 800????

If that is what your claiming then that shows the cards your holding when it comes to detecting. I am not gonna argue with you , I am going fishing and you have a good day with your rice crispy popping sounding detector..

One thing though YOU'RE over here trying to school me on what I say about a machine and how it hunts iron....My friend that's like a kid who has not graduated trying to tell the Professor who has a PH D on the subject how to teach his class....:notworthy::notworthy:

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You eating ice cream or cereal tonight? :laughing9:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I forgot the ice cream and cereal in favor of a box of half dollars and a filet mignon. Poor thing.

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20190206_124655_630.jpg

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learn the one the right in the pic it is worthy of your time!!! :headbang:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So can you guys help me out? Im trying to decide on the At Max or the Equinox? Thanks ��

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Garrett will be along shortly to let you know what you need....:icon_salut::icon_salut:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the CEREAL! Tomorrow the world. And it does NOT take hundreds of hours to learn a machine. At least not for me, I set whichever machine I want up to my liking and go like a bat out of....anywhere you want to go! You should be able to find ferrous vs. non ferrous metals within a hour of first using any machine.

Now if you're a cherry picker and want to leave a bunch of good stuff for me, go right ahead.

But not hundreds of hours. As I have said, dig it all let God sort it out. On some occasions I get picky, but my 1690 dog lock to a musket was a dig it all signal, even though I really tried to smash it out of the side of the hole as it was stuck and in the way, as some dig it all signals were some cannon balls and colonial military used ax heads.

It's like this: dog lock, was offered $250, turned it down. Morgan dollar $28. Now that's why I dig iron. (was finally able to fully conserve it today and got a 100% ID on it.)

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the CEREAL! Tomorrow the world. And it does NOT take hundreds of hours to learn a machine. At least not for me, I set whichever machine I want up to my liking and go like a bat out of....anywhere you want to go! You should be able to find ferrous vs. non ferrous metals within a hour of first using any machine.

Now if you're a cherry picker and want to leave a bunch of good stuff for me, go right ahead.

But not hundreds of hours. As I have said, dig it all let God sort it out. On some occasions I get picky, but my 1690 dog lock to a musket was a dig it all signal, even though I really tried to smash it out of the side of the hole as it was stuck and in the way, as some dig it all signals were some cannon balls and colonial military used ax heads.

It's like this: dog lock, was offered $250, turned it down. Morgan dollar $28. Now that's why I dig iron. (was finally able to fully conserve it today and got a 100% ID on it.)

To each their own.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, to each his or her own. I have been very, very successful with whatever detector I have ever used. I've detected since the 80's. The most underused machine I owned was a White's TDI. It worked very well, but I just used it for the horrid Virginia red dirt, but didn't need it so sold it. I have owned all of the major brands with the exception of the new Makro series. They are of some interest to me, but I just don't need another machine at this time.

kajunoutlaw

Jun 3, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350 / F75 LTD2/ AT MAX/ Multi Kruzer/ Nox 800

Have used many detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day, hopefully soon, an AT detector will find at least one piece of metal in the ground. There are 1000's of AT detectors out there and the owners of said detectors must be wondering if they'll ever find anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread