AT Gold vs Equinox 800 - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: AT Gold vs Equinox 800

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    30831 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    You can defend the garrets all you want BUT they are lacking in the iron hunting department. Your assessment of the learning curve on the Equinox is flawed. IMO I dont care about the customer service either , I care about pulling targets from the iron. You need to spend some more time with the Equinox and maybe then you will see the light.... You said you like the pro better for target separation....That's funny...did you see the video?
    Ive seen many vids I posted some from when you trashed tesoro even some mods called you out lol You dont care about customer service then Minelab is for you!!
    calabash digger likes this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3849 times
    Metal Detecting
    Tommy. Any machine takes hundreds of hours to become efficient with and really get to know. I've had my 800 for 9 months and hunted a lot and I learn something new every time out. You're definitely in the minority when you claim the Max is more capable than the Equinox. Everyone has their own opinions and some people just seem to gel better with different machines.

I'm still just wondering if you know where the power button is on your 800! Lol. Hey, to each their own!
    calabash digger and vferrari like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI, EXCALIBUR
    7519 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Tommy you can come at me all you want. Your not gonna catch me lying about a detector. Could I be wrong about something? Yes I am human. Do I mislead people to get them to buy detectors? Absolutely NOT! Do I get paid to say sweet things about a certain brand ? NO!

I did not say what The equinox hunter said but I do agree with his assessment of someone saying stuff like you're saying....Really your about the only one making such claims.....you might want to check out your facts.

For the record and let me get this straight..... YOU'RE saying the Garrett AT max is on the same level as the Equinox 800?

If that is what your claiming then that shows the cards your holding when it comes to detecting. I am not gonna argue with you , I am going fishing and you have a good day with your rice crispy popping sounding detector..

One thing though YOU'RE over here trying to school me on what I say about a machine and how it hunts iron....My friend that's like a kid who has not graduated trying to tell the Professor who has a PH D on the subject how to teach his class....
    Last edited by calabash digger; Feb 05, 2019 at 08:07 AM.
    sprailroad and A2coins like this.

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Bumped up for a friend to see.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    7519 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    You eating ice cream or cereal tonight?
    Beavertail likes this.

No, I forgot the ice cream and cereal in favor of a box of half dollars and a filet mignon. Poor thing.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    30831 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Bumped up for a friend to see.
    not just the tool its how you use it thats sad after so many yesrs you cant see it fruit loops on the table lol

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Mar 2015
    359 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190206_124655_630.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	1678136
    calabash digger and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    7519 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Learn the one the right in the pic it is worthy of your time!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    564 times
    So can you guys help me out? Im trying to decide on the At Max or the Equinox? Thanks ��

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    7519 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Captain Garrett will be along shortly to let you know what you need....
    A2coins and Beavertail like this.

I got the CEREAL! Tomorrow the world. And it does NOT take hundreds of hours to learn a machine. At least not for me, I set whichever machine I want up to my liking and go like a bat out of....anywhere you want to go! You should be able to find ferrous vs. non ferrous metals within a hour of first using any machine.

Now if you're a cherry picker and want to leave a bunch of good stuff for me, go right ahead.

But not hundreds of hours. As I have said, dig it all let God sort it out. On some occasions I get picky, but my 1690 dog lock to a musket was a dig it all signal, even though I really tried to smash it out of the side of the hole as it was stuck and in the way, as some dig it all signals were some cannon balls and colonial military used ax heads.

It's like this: dog lock, was offered $250, turned it down. Morgan dollar $28. Now that's why I dig iron. (was finally able to fully conserve it today and got a 100% ID on it.)
    calabash digger and A2coins like this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3849 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I got the CEREAL! Tomorrow the world. And it does NOT take hundreds of hours to learn a machine. At least not for me, I set whichever machine I want up to my liking and go like a bat out of....anywhere you want to go! You should be able to find ferrous vs. non ferrous metals within a hour of first using any machine.

Now if you're a cherry picker and want to leave a bunch of good stuff for me, go right ahead.

But not hundreds of hours. As I have said, dig it all let God sort it out. On some occasions I get picky, but my 1690 dog lock to a musket was a dig it all signal, even though I really tried to smash it out of the side of the hole as it was stuck and in the way, as some dig it all signals were some cannon balls and colonial military used ax heads.

It's like this: dog lock, was offered $250, turned it down. Morgan dollar $28. Now that's why I dig iron. (was finally able to fully conserve it today and got a 100% ID on it.)
    To each their own.

Yes, to each his or her own. I have been very, very successful with whatever detector I have ever used. I've detected since the 80's. The most underused machine I owned was a White's TDI. It worked very well, but I just used it for the horrid Virginia red dirt, but didn't need it so sold it. I have owned all of the major brands with the exception of the new Makro series. They are of some interest to me, but I just don't need another machine at this time.
    A2coins likes this.

Jun 2014
    Texas
    Ace 350 / F75 LTD2/ AT MAX/ Multi Kruzer/ Nox 800 Have used many detectors.
    38 times
    One day, hopefully soon, an AT detector will find at least one piece of metal in the ground. There are 1000's of AT detectors out there and the owners of said detectors must be wondering if they'll ever find anything.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links