Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah if BILL or the HOOVER BOYS use it must be the best....:laughing9: What gets me is some see their detector hero find a silver coin with a detector and THINK that means it is a great detector. Tie a pinpointer to a stick and hunt with it long enough and you will probably find something with it. All detectors Will find things, he probably could have found it with a ace 150....Bottom line is ALL detectors are not created equal and some outperform others in certain conditions even though some like to PRETEND they dont.

I shake my head when I watch Bill or the Hoover Boys swinging those Garrett Detectors in those iron loaded sites. I know what is going on and what they are leaving in the ground from experience and testing.

Marketing is part of it and the Hoover Boys and Bill are very good at it.

razerback408

Dec 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it was me i would use the 160.00 $ tesoro compadre wear Bill Ladd was

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True it is better than most at seeing targets below iron and that is WHY I use it. Same plane nail test dont prove much..

Peterw

Aug 9, 2015
Blairsville Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never cared for the audio on the at gold,sounds like a strangled duck..Not putting it down tho,it works for the people who use it..When you get machines like the deus that are so fast the visual ID always suffers,,and not just the deus but many machines.If Xp could fix just that one area and figure a way to tighten it up or better yet expand it out so things aren’t lumped together on the high end,,I think they’d wipe out a lot of competition..

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd swing the Deus over the Gold. Great video, very informative, thanks for taking the time.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same plane nail test dont prove much..

Well then neither does an elevated nail test.

Anfibio will fail some same plane tests with DD....then pass the same test with a concentric. So does a $150 EuroTek Pro that accepts both types...

You know I love ya CD...but wondering how much you have passed up thinking like that? Surely the areas you hunt have same plane trash....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put way more faith in elevated test. Might be flawed logic but seems more like real world to me from the sites I have hunted in my area. I did the test with the ANFIBIO will the concentric and DD coils and by far the concentric did better on same plane test. I still would rather hunt iron with a DD though because of the 3D capabilities.

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
I could of picked that dime up easily with my circa 1987 Compass Goldscanner. They were ahead of there time for iron. Nice video. Thanks for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread