If you had a choice between EQ600 or Single Freq Anfibio

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I begin, I must say this, I am not interested in a reply that states save your money and get the 800 because it is better. Same with the anfibio multi. Money is not the issue. For those that have used both please chime in. I am leaning toward these 2 units and about the time I have my mind made up I go back to the other one.

Like the title states, if you had a choice between a single freq anfibio or the equinox 600 which one would you choose and why? I do not need a multi freq anfibio because you can only go with 1 freq at a time and also I am not interested in the eq 800 because I am not planning on nugget shooting. So with that said, I am not really picking the eq 600 because of its multi freq option either but I think it may come in handy and I know that is an advantage over the Nokta anfibio multi already. I am inland or land locked, I relic and coin shoot. I have had some very nice top of the line units over the past 30 years. I am not brand loyal. If a company makes a new unit that I am interested in, I look into that. So with that said, which one would you choose and why? Also which machine did you use the most before you chose the equinox 600 or nokta anfibio? I currently use an F75 LTD with the boost and cache mode but am selling it. I think the F75 is a very good metal detector and I do not have any issues with it other than, I would like to upgrade to a new unit. I detect around old houses and fields. Low EMI interference areas. All input is welcome. Thanks, Tim

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man this place used to have more action. I guess I have made my own mind up and going with the Nokta Anfibio as the numbering system is more to what I am used to anyways.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man this place used to have more action. I guess I have made my own mind up and going with the Nokta Anfibio as the numbering system is more to what I am used to anyways.

bigtim1973, I don't think you could go wrong with either machine, but I to prefer the VDI range of 0-100 versus the -40 to 40 range of the Equinox. I haven't used the Nokta metal detectors but from what I have seen they sure look fast (hard to believe they could be as fast as the equinox but from it would appear they can hold their own)

As far as the multi-freq goes I'm on the fence as well. I had the 600 and I primarily hunt coins and didn't see the benefit. I do like the multi-freq on my V3i though because you can actually see what freq the target is, but you have to swing very slow.
I'm curious to see what you think of it. I'm taking a hard look at the MX7 because I really like the Whites machines - The VDI just works for me and US coins. HH

Now that the weather is warm I think we are all out hunting or in my case tilling the garden.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion if you live anywhere near salt water oceans the EQ 600 is an obvious choice as it can handle the salt much better and deeper than the Anfibio. Now if you do not live near the ocean then the choice comes down to how each of these machines handles your local soil at its worst and the ruggedness, quality and reliability of the unit. I hear the Anfibio if quite deep in for being a single frequency VLF machine in certain modes, the question is how does it ID and handle the bad soil compared to the multi IQ tech.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EQ 600 with multifreq over single freq detector all day long.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigtim1973, I don't think you could go wrong with either machine, but I to prefer the VDI range of 0-100 versus the -40 to 40 range of the Equinox. I haven't used the Nokta metal detectors but from what I have seen they sure look fast (hard to believe they could be as fast as the equinox but from it would appear they can hold their own)

As far as the multi-freq goes I'm on the fence as well. I had the 600 and I primarily hunt coins and didn't see the benefit. I do like the multi-freq on my V3i though because you can actually see what freq the target is, but you have to swing very slow.
I'm curious to see what you think of it. I'm taking a hard look at the MX7 because I really like the Whites machines - The VDI just works for me and US coins. HH

Now that the weather is warm I think we are all out hunting or in my case tilling the garden.

Thank you for your thoughts eman1000. Yes that huge screen on the v3i and the spectragraph is like having an airforce radar screen and looking for UFO's coming through the matrix. I have both the V3i and Vx3 at one time.

Well i went ahead and thought about it overnight last night and this morning I bought a single frequency anfibio in 14khz. One of the reasons I did a single frequency is because I am land locked. If I was near the beach I would have went with the equinox and its ability of multible frequency. The other reason is the numbering system is a 0-99 like you like as well. It will be easier to learn the targets. I think it is going to be an upgrade from my F75 SE. Now that does not mean that I think it will blow the F75 out of the water totally, but I think it will ID better at depth than my F75 does.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion if you live anywhere near salt water oceans the EQ 600 is an obvious choice as it can handle the salt much better and deeper than the Anfibio. Now if you do not live near the ocean then the choice comes down to how each of these machines handles your local soil at its worst and the ruggedness, quality and reliability of the unit. I hear the Anfibio if quite deep in for being a single frequency VLF machine in certain modes, the question is how does it ID and handle the bad soil compared to the multi IQ tech.

I thought long and hard all week on the multi freq option vs single freq nokta. If I lived where you live it would be a no brainer and i would have went ahead and bought the eq600 for the salt water. I do happen to own a Fisher CZ-20 though. So it is not like I do not have at least 1 option for a multi frequency detector. But it is going to be years before I will get to go to a beach regularly. And yes, your correct about the Nokta pushing the envelope on the old school VLF machines. I do not think much more could be done with them other than what Nokta is doing and that is cranking up the gain like crazy with a fast processor. I appreciate your thoughts but I have already pulled the trigger on a 14khz Nokta anfibio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread