Excalibur vs Equinox 800 ~gold bracelet

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just shows one particular gold bracelet, found with nox, that I wouldn’t have found if i was still running excals in the water. No magic tricks, even tried to tightly ball it up to get excal to hit on it. Nox just smokes it, any which way. Still keep one Excal for deeper than 15ft diving, but absolutely hate knowing its missing stuff like this bracelet. *Pinpoint mode didn’t change result, was minimum disc 1.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FBS and BBS will very rarely ever see a gold necklace or bracelet unless they have a large clasp or pendent on them.

Kevin W

Greenie
Oct 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What mode was the Equinox in? Beach 1, 2 or Park 2?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
My opinion, the stock Nox is better then a stock Excalibur. I have a few friends that rarely found gold until this past year, they got the Nox and bam..they are finally finding it.............it's small but it is gold! I take them hunting with me........... they are still struggling with the older beach's but I go with them to the fresh drop beach's and I'm lucky if I can match them. Just last week one of them found a piece of a chain, we tested it, my excalibur would only hear it if you rubbed it on the coil.

Kevin W

Greenie
Oct 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach 1, just how i run it for water, 22 or 23 sens, 5 tones adjusted a lil bit.

I have found that I can usually get away with running Park 2 at the beach - dry sand only. Park 2 seems to hit the fine gold & smaller jewelry deeper than beach 1. The down side is that it really hits on the micro foil, but I have definitely found smaller gold ear rings that I might have otherwise missed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions