3 reasons why not to buy a AT PRO.... - Page 7
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: 3 reasons why not to buy a AT PRO....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2015
    Upstate NY
    Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
    759 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hurray! I'm for the other team

Name:  Hooray.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  11.2 KB
    calabash digger likes this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3980 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Phantasm is correct. It's about the fun factor. Some of my best finds could have been made with a $49.95 machine, just how the targets were in the soil.

No need to bash someone else's machine. That's really pretty juvenile. So what if someone can only afford machine "X"? You going to make them depressed and make them unhappy they can't get machine "Y" due to their budget? Come on already. I get really tired of the "my machine is better than yours" syndrome. I am not specifically referring to anyone, but if the goal is to go and find stuff, well, go and find it!

And as Tommy said "I would rather have a reliable car then one the breaks down a lot." Wonder which kind he was referring to? Maybe my Impala which never breaks!

And there's a reason some of us have different machines. For a couple of my spots a $49.95 machine works just fine. I'd want another for underwater, etc.

There is no magic wand out there. Go PLAY!
    Very well said!
    A2coins likes this.

Feb 2017
    1028 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Many moons ago before I knew the difference between a lower end machine and a good one, I found a lot with a RadioShack model. Decades later I’ve owned and still several “better” machines.
    I’ve hunted with “the best” of them but if you want to have fun it’s about

Location, location, location...

Tips for newbies... spend more time on researching good locations to hunt and getting permissions. Get the machine you can comfortably afford. Read the manual and learn the machine. Dig it all at historical sites. Go back over the location again at different angles.
    Go back over it again after a good rain. Go back over it again when it’s bone dry. Go back over it again because you can’t get a new permission. Go back over it again because you feel there has to be more.
    Then...
    When you find yourself dreaming about detecting, your hooked. Start saving your money for a “better” detector. And while your at it, you might as well start saving for the next one you will be convinced you can’t live without.

When you finally upgrade your machine.. go back over your hunted sites to see if your new machine can pull out more.
    ..... and repeat.

Welcome to the hobby.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    26141 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    What MetalArchSC said! One thing we forget is if it's not there to begin with, you won't find it. I also like to dig slightly frozen ground, there's something about that situation that makes goodies jump out of the ground.
    A2coins likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links