Need suggestions for purchase of a Detector

goldseeker7

Jan 21, 2008
I haven't detected much before, used a family machine and an old M-scope years ago. I would like to buy one that can be used in difficult terrain with lots of different kinds of rocks and minerals looking for deeper, larger items. However, I would like to get one that would be good for near surface coins and the like as well.. any suggestions? Not that concerned with moderate cost as long as it performs. I think I would prefer an LCD screen, or not? Thanks for help. gold7

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
over all i dont think there is a detector on the market that will out performe the Sovereigm GT!

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
I would start with the Garrett Ace 250. Heck - a lot of folks with much higher priced detectors - own an Ace and use it over their "better" machines. I keep a couple of low end machines around for loaner use. This is a good way to introduce a potential detectorist to the hobby. Personally, I love the Ace due to it's lightweight frame. If you can swing longer, then your find counts will increase!

Bavarianminister

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions