Has anyone compared the MXT to the Fisher F-75?

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, its interesting that no one replied to this topic. I now have both machines and I can tell you that the F75 is a depth monster, but its also wilder ride than the MXT. My main reason for getting the F75 was to get a machine with a little better capability, a little more depth and with less weight. The F75 fits the bill (pun intended) and right now is my exclusive machine while I learn it. I've had to return the first F75 I got, but the second one seems a little more solid in a couple of key areas, we'll just have to see.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to return the first one? What was wrong with it?

Just curious.

Dan

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, it was build quality issues. The first problem was how tight the coil plug fit into the processor jack. I suspect that as a result of the tight fit the machine wasn't working right, because I wasn't getting near the depth and it was unstable in even the factory default settings. Also, the pinpoint trigger was loose and the joint between the processor and the grip was flimsy. My second unit does not have any of these issues. Fisher just needs to tighten up their quality control. One thing that I did notice about the second unit, was that it wasn't in the factory default settings when I got it.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. It's stories like this that make me hesitant to buy a Fisher over the internet. It seems that with Fisher you need to have the machine in your hands for an inspection before laying down the cash.

Thanks, and I'm glad to hear the second one was better.

Dan

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Both really nice detectors, F75 a little more sensitive to buttons and a little more depth. But I like them both.

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I tried out the F75 and while it has the potential to be a great machine, both of the ones I got to work with had something or other wrong with them, so I've pretty much gone back to my MXT and now I've picked up a coil (SEF) that looks like it will make the MXT the equal of the F75 for depth and seperation. Time will tell if I've made the right decision.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing wrong with that choice I like the MXT also and I hear the SEF coil is hot!!! I like seeing button on my MXT Reid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread