Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It doesn't matter, moral decline will continue, nobody can stop it, and most now don't want it to stop, God is dead or never was to most, the atheists are running the show now, I just hope I die sooner rather than later, because the world as sick as it is now, will get far far worse, and money is the cause of it all, glad I'm poor.

"It doesn't matter" you say... come on guy you know it does. It does.

"moral decline will continue, nobody can stop it"... your wrong there guy and it starts with US setting a standard. (watch movie Brave Heart again)

"and most now don't want it to stop" Wrong again Mike (my opinion) but it will be bloody and long drawn out.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
limitool ,i sorry to hear what happened to your child.some people can not smoke pot,no child should for sure.pot has been around for thousands of years my friend long before beer or white lighting.i think it is a good thing that she found out that she should stay away from it early on in life, that the only positive thing that could come out of it.i myself have never learned anything unless it was the hard way.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Ya'll all take another puff! :laughing7:
Ya'll's banter just struck me funny, atm.

Drugs are just bad news, all the way around.
Limitool, I have to apologize for my misplaced humor, as I glossed part of this thread and missed your last paragraph. I didn't realize some of the road you have had to go down with these things.
I certainly would not want to make light of anothers horrors. And trust me, my immediate and extended family have not been strangers to some of the horrors of it either.

Lots of kinds of dysfunctions in life. Drugs/alcohol usually only multiply them.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter, moral decline will continue, nobody can stop it, and most now don't want it to stop, God is dead or never was to most, the atheists are running the show now, I just hope I die sooner rather than later, because the world as sick as it is now, will get far far worse, and money is the cause of it all, glad I'm poor.

Mike

PS it was a joke Nitric...since when are you so serious ?

Mike, something for you to consider; here is a quote...

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect to their elders....

They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

Sound familiar. ...........

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
limitool ,i sorry to hear what happened to your child.some people can not smoke pot,no child should for sure.pot has been around for thousands of years my friend long before beer or white lighting.i think it is a good thing that she found out that she should stay away from it early on in life, that the only positive thing that could come out of it.i myself have never learned anything unless it was the hard way.

"i myself have never learned anything unless it was the hard way." Me too guy.... ever pass those lessons or thoughts to your children or grandchildren to avoid? Surely you have as I have but I always had a beer in my hand while preaching stay away from pot, crack, cocaine, mushrooms, hash and everything in between. I always thought nobody would lower the bar.... I was so wrong. And it was proven over and over. We (the adults) set the bar and then hold others accountable. All we do after this is justify that its "ok" and been here for thousands of year. I believe BEER came along before from the Egyptians before pot was discovered "smokeable". Beer is the root of all evil.... I feel better now.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The quote is by Plato over 2000 years ago....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've said it before, drunks kill people all the time, pot makes you more aware of your surroundings. So why is booze legal ? Never heard of anybody crashing due to being high on weed.
Nor does it fry your liver, nor does it make your fathers beat their wives and kids, but booze is legal, and I know why, one has a learning curve, the other you drop a seed on the ground and you are done.

Mike
True. Mary Jane makes you mellow. Not to many stoned wife beaters! Stoned drivers? not so much....
And pot is not a "Gateway" drug. I know a lot of people that smoke pot and don't really drink much.
I know a few more people that drink like fish, I mean 3..4 doubles a night!
They despise pot!
Kids?
Well, in this day and age...they need to be educated about EVERYTHING! It is tuff to tell them....do not drink, when you as a parent...drink. Yeh?

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pot is a medicine not meant to be a drug i think.its old too found it buried with someone who was buried over 5000 years ago,but i agree with limitool should not be done around kids,that and drinking.maybe that would mean something to our kids.fat chance but maybe.the best is to talk to them about it, i really do not know what is best for all but raising our standards sounds like a really good ideal.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are my plants
All short and stout
Here is my bong
That I carry about
There is Big Bubba waiting for me
Cause I smoked out in public
Now it's prison for me...

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
"It doesn't matter" you say... come on guy you know it does. It does.

"moral decline will continue, nobody can stop it"... your wrong there guy and it starts with US setting a standard. (watch movie Brave Heart again)

"and most now don't want it to stop" Wrong again Mike (my opinion) but it will be bloody and long drawn out.

What I said, I base those thoughts on what I've read in the good book, I believe what I read there, so what I said is an echo of that, sure in the very end, the righteous will prevail, but things will get way way worse before that day arrives, wish it would hurry up!

Mike

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I certainly meant no disrespect Brad!! I agree that kids shouldn't mess with pot, I mean I have not used it much as a adult, but as a teen well..never had any issues with it, I have a very addictive personality but it never made me an addict, nor do I feel it is a gateway drug, I never messed with harder stuff, sure a lot of my friends did, but not because they were looking for a better high, but rather because somebody at a party would say here try this..and in my day you did most of the time because you didn't want to look like a wuss or worse.

Mike

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blaming weed as a gateway drug is just a cop out :laughing9:

ANYBODY... what is an example of a gateway drug? And I don't give a damn what Webster says it is! Does "it" really exist? Or does this term just get in the way? And please no lectures... I'd just like to have an understanding of the 3 questions above. I need to stay off drug threads and go finish my pool/deck project.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANYBODY... what is an example of a gateway drug? And I don't give a damn what Webster says it is! Does "it" really exist? Or does this term just get in the way? And please no lectures... I'd just like to have an understanding of the 3 questions above. I need to stay off drug threads and go finish my pool/deck project.

Beer is example. .....

How many people drank a beer before they ever drank wiskey...

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The biggest gateway drug is human curiosity.
Brad, this is part of the pm I spared you from last night. RJC, you never cease to amaze me with your wisdom.

This is also something I want you to think about (I think Jamey was touching on this). I come from a straight lace family, I learned of drugs from my parents medicine cabinet LONG before I ever knew you could smoke stuffs. One of my aunts had a prescription drug "problem", but those things were never discussed. I experimented from the medicine cabinet, before I was introduced to anything (at school was where it happened for me, in 7th grade). Those little saccharin "pills" folks put in coffee probably didn't help either. I always "required" 3 for my coffees.

I knew and grew up with the understanding, people took medicine (given to them by doctors) to alleviate "problems". That's where the grey area comes in, as to, what are the "problems". My mom occasionally took lithium. My dad was a prescription addict for 3 or 4 yrs, because of herniated discs in his back. After surgery, he weened off. Blood pressure meds, diabetes meds, the "normal" ones..... So to have an adult and intelligent knowledge of what medicine(drugs) are, also taught the lesson : They "alleviate" problems.

Now, I'm also trying to get around to a point for you. The actions I took were wholly my actions, thoughts, wishes and desires. My parents could no more live my life and make my decisions. All parents can really do is their best. Give their children knowledge and a ton of love, that no matter what, they know that you will be there for them.

Sometimes, adults are just big kids that fail to learn the lessons of balance and moderation. Enjoyment and peace over drama and heartache. Some ppl are true narcissists and don't care. Some just feel they have no one to care about them and listen. Some don't have anyone. I think it's real important, we all try to be open in talking about the things, that lead to these downfalls. We got to break the chains of drugs/alcohol somehow!
Thank you for waking me up here, as I got grandchildren I gotta start having "adult to adult" talks with.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beer is example. ..... How many people drank a beer before they ever drank wiskey...

Agreed... And I bet your right on for a lot of folks. I bet if a beer buzz is the low level accepted that someone would want a quicker buzz like from whiskey. And then possibly another type buzz from pot then maybe meth and then crack. I truly believe some people keep looking for a better and different high. But not all including me. I truly believe in "gateway" drugs. But I bet others would say there's no such thing or it gets in the way of their acceptance or beliefs. But TH I agree with ya.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Because BIG Pharma can't patent MJ, is why it's illegal! Cannabis oil in capsule form is even more illegal! But it works, if it is made from Indica strain of buds. 3% THC, rest is mostly CBD's, the healing part of the oil. It is better known as "RSO" Rick Simpson Oil. Just google "Rick Simpson". Also go have a look at phoenix tears, PhoenixTearsPlus, Hemp oil, thc, cancer oil, treatment ......nge

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Been thinking about this a lot the last 36 hours or so, figured I probably stepped on some toes or even pissed a few off with my comments. I don't intend that, I try and be as straight forward and honest as I can be when talking about subjects like this.
Now for what could be considered gateway drugs, and I'd bet my left boy, that they are, is legal medicines they are pumping pre teens and teens full of nowadays, I'm talking meds such as klonopin and adderal, they are so quick to diagnose and treat kids now for depression and hyperactivity, I've been prescribed both of those meds in the past, and believe me they can really make you high if abused.
The adderal if you don't really need it and you take it, its just like taking speed, it really cranks you up, for me with my A.D.D. its a wonder drug, how it works I have no clue, and I'm pretty damn smart on things like this, if your mind races like mine does, adderal will slow your thoughts way down, but if your mind does not have that problem..it really speeds you up, and I feel in my heart that the meds they are pumping kids full of legally are the true gateway drugs, and its not just those 2 meds, heck the klonopin is technically for seizures, but apparently somebody discovered it works well for certain mental health problems.
I have many friends, whom their doctors tell them their kids need to be on these drugs, I tell them and all of you, really research what these meds can and do, do to people.
I've been on pretty much every med known to man for my mental health issues, and I can honestly say many of them made me worse or made me high and wanting more, some knock you out, which some people like/want others do that and more like haldol, which is abused and over prescribed...why anybody would want to take that is beyond me, for when I was on it, I literally sat slumped in a corner day in and day out just drooling all over myself.

Now folks can say I'm a conspiracy nuts against big pharma, but its in their best interest to dope people up on those meds, that's why docs get perks and kickbacks from them..which in its self makes me wanna blow chunks!, most no longer care about the patient, but rather their bottom line, if you think I'm wrong, ask any working poor stiff, that makes to much for welfare, but yet not enough to barely survive how easily they can get any doctor to treat them, good luck.

If you really want to worry look up the newest pain med, its a real bastage, called and I think they called it this, just because a kid would like the name.
Zohydro...when will it all end ?

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions