Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anonymous Turker, have you tried it? If so, then you may have some info about it that we don't know. If so tell us your experiences when using it. If not, then you're only repeating what others have said about it. I haven't tried it, so I can't vouch for it, nor can I deny that it works. Some things work for some people, but not for others. I have found many instances in my long life, that not all of the scientific studies don't always come to the right conclusions. How many times have you known long-term studies' findings reversed in later years? It happens quite regularly.

Just my thoughts.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I try to keep an open mind about most things and when it comes to herbal medicine or claims that something like CS works.
Before I use any medicine, I will research prior and present studies. I will also look to see if the one who made the study is selling, or has any financial gain from their promotion. If a research doctor has many years experience in the type ailments, or research in using different methods in this field.. I'm more likely to believe the results.
All medical results and development are based on percentage and no medicine is 100%. Some will receive benefits from slight to great..
yet others will have side effects and no help from the medication. If you see several independent studies giving a high percentage with low side effects, it maybe worth a try.. but, even then you need to start will small amounts until you know if you'll have any side effects.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Number 9, you look at things about the way I do. I'm on several meds and don't want to be on them; but they help. But, some of the meds that I've been given, although I researched them, caused some side effects that were not pleasant. I was given one for blood pressure med that caused me to feel suddenly weak, sweaty on the backs of my legs, and trembling. After the 2nd episode, which only lasted about 2 or 3 minutes, I called the doctor and he changed me to a different one. Then there was the one I was taking for about a year for another 'ailment'. I seemed to be doing fine on it, though it didn't really seem to be helping the problem a lot. Then one night I was in bed, looking up at the ceiling. The white ceiling turned pink! The textured ceiling was dark pink around the indents and a lighter pink on the flat surfaces. Kinda weird. A night or two later, I was in bed and looked over toward my desk. There were numbers, about 3 inched long and about an inch high, turned sideways, scrolling slowly up the wall over the desk. There were several lines of them. I could see them as plainly as I see this monitor screen. All of the numbers from 1 through 9. That kinda freaked me out a bit! A few nights after that I had the incident that caused me to go back to the doctor. I have an oxygen concentrator beside my bed that I use at night for COPD. It has a little bottle attached to it that contains distilled water for moisture in the oxygen that I am breathing. I was on my side, and looking past the bottle I could see the night light in the wall plug just past the oxygen concentrator. The little bottle's hose was disconnected and the oxygen was pushing some of the water out of the nozzle. I reached over and felt the water coming out of the nozzle. I pushed the hose back onto the nozzle. Then I got up and turned on the light to see how much water was on the floor. To my amazement, there was no water on the floor. I felt of the hose that I had pushed back onto the nozzle. It was firmly attached. It has a compression fitting that keeps it connected. It had never came loose! I had imagined/hallucinated the whole episode! I stood there not knowing whether to be afraid or to laugh. How was I to know what was real and what was imagined?

The doctor didn't think that any of the meds that I was taking would cause the problem. I had seen very little to make me think so either when I was researching it. He sent me to an ophthalmologist to make certain there were tumors in or behind my eyes. After a thorough exam, the ophthalmologist said he could find nothing that would cause the hallucinations. I told the medical doctor that since I didn't see that much improvement while taking one of the several meds that I was on, I'd like to try 'weaning' off of it. He was almost certain that it was one of the other meds that I was taking; but agreed to let me try this. After several days the hallucinations lessened and after a few weeks they became almost none existent.

I have tried several natural remedies for some of my 'maladies'; but haven't been able to get off the pharmaceutical meds.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
texasred777...

Any time you combine more than one medicine you're walking in real unknown territory, because most of the time one will effect the other.
I've known different people who took 5 or more prescription drugs.. now you have to wonder why a doctor would even do such a thing!

You said you had COPD and blood pressure(high?)

I only know two herbs that has had any real study on COPD... Panax Ginseng and Cannabis.
Panax Ginseng in a few studies did help COPD.. with blood pressure, you would need to keep check and only try small amounts until you know the effects.
Cannabis has shown to help with COPD by opening airways in the lungs, it will also lower blood pressure. It is NOT smoked..
either cannabis oil by mouth, suppositories, or vaped. But, like me, it's not legal in Tennessee or Idaho.. yet.

Do your research before taking any medicine.. and check for purity in herbs!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I saw another article on the cannabis oil for COPD. BTW, I also have high cholesterol, and have had stomach problems since preteen. I'm taking generic Liptor and Nexium. I've been on them for over 14 years. For the stomach, I've tried (I believe) herb, antacid, and prescription med; but none have worked except the Nexium.

I really don't think there's much that be done about my lungs. I've only about 27% function left. That's down 7% from 35% about 3 years ago.

I appreciate the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread