The Patriot Nurse - Juice fasting rocks!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're not familiar with the lady, you really should take a look at her many, many videos + she's a Prepper

I personally have been juicing for about 15 years and have owned a number of juicers. Do not have the particular juicer she uses.

I was turned on to juicing by a lady I met at a health food restaurant - on a first date. She was a cutie, and a vegetarian. We went into the restaurant, looking up to the menu, and the gal said "why don't you try a juice". And, of course I wanted to impress her. So, I looked across the menu and chose the "Mega Green" 20oz size.

Half an hour later I felt like dancing, jumping up and down, and also very amorous - which actually got me no where. But what I did realize was the health benefits. If you think about it, food is a drug to us, and those raw juices are incredible feel good nourishments!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't agree with the no meat side of her thinking. I know many vegetarians / vegans that are very sickly, unhealthy and wayyyyy to skinny. Women lose their menstrual cycle and men become very weak as their muscles deteriorate.
IE: I used to train my brother in MMA (He gave me a great workout as he was strong and had good technique) - he started the vegetarian diet and lost 35 pounds (was 200, went to 165) He came over and we trained - I felt like I was fighting a 16 year old girl. It truly was sad.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who think juice is some form of medical treatment cost the lives of many sick people, including my Aunt Barbara.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't agree with the no meat side of her thinking.

I agree with this completely. I used to date an airline stewardress who was also a vegetarian. She measured, weighed, calculated, and lived by a strict routine.

And then she was hospitalized for severe anemia....

I eat meat. Tried to go straight vegan, but after about a week I wanted to run into the woods and grab some poor critter and eat it raw!

But I also understand the benefits of juicing for health. 4 large carrots make about an 8 oz glass of juice. It has been estimated that we only absorb somewhere around 15% of the nutrients in the vegetables we eat - so we'd have to eat 32 large carrots to get the same nutrition we'd get by drinking an 8 oz glass of fresh carrot juice. I'd have a pretty hard time eating 32 large carrots.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any peer reviewed scientific journals to present that come to those conclusions?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Matt, you're a difficult "audience", so I'd have to dig far deeper and write 10,000 words to answer you.

So, let's just go with the Surgeon General's 1989 report, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Health America 2000, the National Cancer Institute, and Dietary Goals for the United States - they all say the same things - eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. The problem is, people just don't. And, another side to this, by far most people do not chew the food enough to extract all the nutrients - juicing solves that problem.

It is now recognized that orange-red vegetable have high levels of carotene, a suspected anticancer substance. Citrus fruits contain vitamin C and bioflavonoids - important immune strengthening nutrients. Dark green leafy vegetable are rich in folic acid = a B-complex vitamin necessary for proper maintenance of red blood cells and the nervous system. People do not generally eat the four to five portions of these fruits and vegetables recommended by government public health agencies.

Just on carrots alone, which I referenced above, here's a link, and I'll quote the 2nd paragraph here:

Benefits of Juicing Carrots | LIVESTRONG.COM

"Possibly the most notable benefit of juicing carrots is that during the juicing processed the fiber is separated out, allowing you to get more nutrients. A single glass of carrot juice can contain the juice of many carrots; more than you would possibly be able to eat in one sitting."

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My sister juices all the time, has for years. She eats healthy, loves life, ski's, cross country skis, looks 35, is 64, lives in Montana, loves it, has a small ranch, always on the go. If a grizz don't get her, she'll live to 100...

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
On my "Homesteading" thread I am focused on organic gardening, raised beds. I used to pay $75 a week for the vegetables I juiced. Now that I'm a gardener, I'll be back into regular juicing. I won't change my diet, but will supplement it with the juicing, with "healthy" intentions.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like juicing. Cabbage juice cured my ulcer in a couple of weeks. The thing with juicing is 1 or 2 glasses = a LOT of vegetables, you would be sitting at the dinner table for hours! My fav, 4 carrots, half of a cabbage, 2 cucumbers, 5 stalks of celery, 2 apples, 2 oranges 1 banana, ginger, 1 beet, aloe vera juice and what ever berries I have at the time. It's not like you can have too many veggies! Nutra Ninja works great. I also add papaya & pineapple at times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread