Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh heh heh,,

Works for me,,
Just hoping to live to see my retirement date.
I have like 5 more years then DONE.
Gonna sell it all then the missus and myself are gonna tow one of the Jeeps behind some camper deal and vanish.

That's the plan,,, absolutely subject to change tho,, as all plans

Hit

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh heh heh,,

Works for me,,
Just hoping to live to see my retirement date.
I have like 5 more years then DONE.
Gonna sell it all then the missus and myself are gonna tow one of the Jeeps behind some camper deal and vanish.

That's the plan,,, absolutely subject to change tho,, as all plans

Hit
yup i got 1 more year :hello2:

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been retired for a full year now, but life didn't slow down any. If anything, life got busier.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been retired for a full year now, but life didn't slow down any. If anything, life got busier.
you know thats what i have been hearing

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been retired now since August 29th. Things are tighter financially, but I am free. I AM FREE!

I had to use CAPS there just to express what freedom feels like! Yes I'm still busy, but it is MY busy :)

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed DeepSeeker,,, money will be somewhat tighter but the benefits of having a semi non-structured lifestyle will surely outweigh that.

Just HAVING OPTIONS in life will be a wonderful change. For example,, not having to get at "0 dark thirty" to be wherever you need to be that morning to subject yourself to the whims of an employer.
Crap man,,,that alone is gonna put a huge smile on my face as I have my coffee while planning the days MDing or prospecting.
Of course though the missus WILL,,,as always,,, have her say in the daily activities but she is a very adaptable woman and usually happy no matter what is decided.

I do NOT however want to be one of those statistics that upon 30 days after retirement,,,dying for ANY reason. I have seen WAY too much of that. Whether it be from lack of purpose,,after having to be somewhere at a specific time to do a specific "job".
OR that boredom sets in to the point of creating a "depression" like mental state.
This is where these 2 "hobbies" come into play,, at least for me. I will ALWAYS have something to do,,Boredom will never be an issue unless I am snowed in for en over-extended period of time. And I have NO PLANS of putting myself into any situation where that has any possibility of occurring.

Anyway,,, y'all have a great time and Happy Hunting

Hit

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I retired Jan. 3rd this year...money will be tighter,but the nerves will be much loser...future much brighter,looking forward to detecting everyday i can.
I still drive by the old work place and flip them the bird,when i go to town....this is the life.
Gary

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I retired in August, 2004; over 10 years ago! I had a lot planned to do around the house. Well, I did the planned things, and then became bored. I went back to work, part time, in September, 2005. My wife died in 2006, so I continued to work part time and sell off all the thing in the house. When that was done, in March, 2007, I quit work, bought an old motor home and moved here to Idaho to be near my daughter. I still can do some, but health keeps me kinda quiet. I can't do the kneeling and bending to MD much. I hope within the next few months I can improve enough to do more. Now I'm planning on doing some gardening, with the help of the son and the grandson.
I still get up between 5 and 6 am each day. I got to bed about 10 at night. If I feel like it, I lie down and take a nap during the day. If I want to go to town, I go. I've really enjoyed these last few years of retirement. Money has been a bit tight, but I haven't gone hungry, without a place to live, or in need of meds that I couldn't afford. And, at least I didn't just stop, lay down, and die after retirement like some have done!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang i feel better after this post :occasion14:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
work and stress will kill ya , retire asap is my motto ... learn to live cheaply and don't want the so called "high dollar" good life .. live off your means in cash --don't have or use "credit cards" ...cash or a debit card to limit you to living off what you got only and thus what you can "afford" ...spend more time around those you love and like and less around those you don't...and a drink now and then is good for you , so long as you keep it under control and do the things you enjoy --hunting ,fishing ,metal detecting ect, ect.

DirtHead

Greenie
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I was retired right now, but I'm only 28 so I think I've got a few years left. :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
forced to retire medically in 2007 by my union (totally unfit for duty- merchant marines after 27 years ) --- got the govt to agree 3 1/2 years later to give me my SS disability finally (shortly after I turned 50) ... so finally really retired fiscally in mid 2010 ... been enjoying being at home with the missus since then..

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish I was retired right now, but I'm only 28 so I think I've got a few years left. :laughing7:

If you do it right, you can retire early. I am only 40, and have enough to do it. It all depends on what you want and how you choose to live when the time comes. In this case knowledge is power. If you know how to do it yourself, you don't have to pay someone else to do it and save yourself a lot.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I turn 59 today.696 working days left to go.
Sounds like me, I started counting down with 5 years to go, even found a phone app called "days until" that has running count down timer that counts down to any date in the future. I could look at the app and know how many days, hours, minutes and seconds to the first day of retirement.

It sucked when it was over a thousand, but when it went under 365 it became fun, when boss or work made me mad, I would pull out phone, look at app and say something like "only 275 days, 16 hours and 49 minutes left".....

Now it is a running timer that shows how many days, hours and minutes it has been since I received my first SS check..

I'm looking to find a job now that I enjoy doing rather than something I hated doing, if I find it I will go back to work if not I want....

Metal detecting guide or interviewer for topless dancers at a gentlemen's club might persuade me to go back to work....[emoji3]

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just fired my doc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread