Brain Boosting Foods

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
5 foods for better brain health | Fox News

By Tanya Zuckerbrot
Published March 31, 2015

blueberries.jpg

March is National Brain Health Month, so itā€™s timely to highlight the role some foods play in healthy brain function:

Berries

Berries are rich in antioxidants that protect brain cells and improve blood flow, which may help reverse age-related deficits in motor function and working memory. Studies have linked blackberry consumption with improved coordination and balance while eating blueberries has been shown to boost comprehension and memory.

Garlic

In addition to fighting diseases such as stomach, colon and breast cancer, studies have shown that a compound found in garlic may improve learning, long-term memory and mood by boosting serotonin levels in the brain. Low central serotonin may impair cognitive flexibility, which is integral to abstract and critical thinking, and problem-solving.

Spinach

Nutrient-rich spinach is packed with vitamins B6, B12 and folate, which enable the release neurotransmitters that drive healthy brain function. A deficiency in B vitamins has been linked to a host of neurological disorders including depression, and folate deficiency has been associated with impaired concentration and memory.

Fish

Fish is an excellent source of polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids, which support a variety of cognitive processes essential for normal brain function. Studies have shown that people who regularly eat foods rich in omega-3s perform better on tests for visual memory, attention and abstract thinking than those who consume less omega-3 in their diet.

Turmeric

New research suggests that curcumin in the spice turmeric may be helpful in the treatment and prevention of Alzheimerā€™s disease. Turmeric is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to promote healthy brain function, reduce inflammation, and help regulate blood pressure. One particular omega-3, called docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), is a structural component of brain tissue that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which may slow deterioration in the brain.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think cannabis does just the opposite......but I can't remember?????

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I think cannabis does just the opposite......but I can't remember?????

Well.. you would be wrong.

"This should serve to encourage that the present promising evidence obtained mainly at the preclinical level might progress to a real exploitation of neuroprotective benefits of potential cannabinoid-based medicines." - National Institutes of Health

"Neuroprotective"!!??

Even the government is starting to see the truth!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think so Number 9 - I lived it....
THC interferes with the normal functioning of various areas of the brain, including the cerebellum, part of the brain responsible for balance, posture, and coordination of movement, and the hippocampus, which is involved with memory formation. As a result, individuals under the influence of marijuana may experience impairment in motor control and compromised short-term memory. In the intoxicated state, memory is often selectively impaired in a dose-dependent fashion similar to alcohol (Deahl 1991). Marijuana also affects receptors in the cerebral cortex that are responsible for sensory perception, which can cause users to experience altered sensory experiences in areas such as touch, sight, hearing, taste, and smell. It can cause distorted perception, impaired coordination, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and short-term memory

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
"In the intoxicated state, memory is often selectively impaired in a dose-dependent fashion similar to alcohol (Deahl 1991)."

This is true... but, I wasn't talking while being in an "intoxicated state". Some treatments only uses CBD with no high or impairments!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can tell you is the truth, I can't remember much from when I was 16 - 20; I'll give you one guess what I was doing everyday in that age range.............
I can remember everything before that and after. Kinda fishy huh?

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
All I can tell you is the truth, I can't remember much from when I was 16 - 20; I'll give you one guess what I was doing everyday in that age range.............
I can remember everything before that and after. Kinda fishy huh?

We were talking about "health".. so let me guess. In you're early years you were taking cannabis for a health condition called "pleasure seeking behavior"!?:laughing7:

A lot of difference between medical help and abuse!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, though the medical help I see is for pain control, I really don't see any benefit for the brain. Unless of course, you want to "forget" something traumatic in your life. :thumbsup:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I agree, though the medical help I see is for pain control, I really don't see any benefit for the brain. Unless of course, you want to "forget" something traumatic in your life. :thumbsup:

I think if you do a little more research, you may find out a lot about the plant you didn't know?

How about this medical help, Dravet Syndrome is a brain disorder...

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would all depend on controlling the use and need for it. I've seen those videos before, though I have also seen dozens of lives ruined by it - friends and family.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
It would all depend on controlling the use and need for it. I've seen those videos before, though I have also seen dozens of lives ruined by it - friends and family.

"I have also seen dozens of lives ruined by it."
You are talking about their poor judgement.. right?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It being a gateway drug, leading to worse abuse. Also, a lot of people using it have no motivation. I still have old "friends" who live in their parents basement at 50 years old - just searching for that next bag of weed.
Anyway - I think we high jacked the thread, sorry Deep seeker!!!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Agree; I LOVE Garlic so much, that I REEK of Garlic... wife is NOT amused. Wife & I eat Spinach & Fish, and she uses & swears that Turmeric does help. We BOTH are "getting into" Blueberry muffins for breakfast (with COFFEE).

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
It being a gateway drug, leading to worse abuse. Also, a lot of people using it have no motivation. I still have old "friends" who live in their parents basement at 50 years old - just searching for that next bag of weed.
Anyway - I think we high jacked the thread, sorry Deep seeker!!!

Did you also know that milk is a gateway to alcohol? It's true.. a new "study" says everyone who drinks alcohol started with milk!:occasion14:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
So, you've been told by our government about all the harm cannabis will do to you over the last 80 years..
and you've believed them?

Brain Boosting Foods? Cannabis? Really?

My friends, you don't need to look around very much to know the real truth!

If cannabis isn't a "brain food".. could you explain this patent to me?

Patent Number 6630507...

ā€œCannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimerā€™s disease, Parkinsonā€™s disease and HIV dementia.ā€

..oh, the patent is held by the U.S Federal Government!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So, you've been told by our government about all the harm cannabis will do to you over the last 80 years..
and you've believed them?

Brain Boosting Foods? Cannabis? Really?

My friends, you don't need to look around very much to know the real truth!

If cannabis isn't a "brain food".. could you explain this patent to me?

Patent Number 6630507...

ā€œCannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimerā€™s disease, Parkinsonā€™s disease and HIV dementia.ā€

..oh, the patent is held by the U.S Federal Government!

Anti-Fed, eh...?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you also know that milk is a gateway to alcohol? It's true.. a new "study" says everyone who drinks alcohol started with milk!:occasion14:

Well, I didn't drink any milk this morning, but I do have a cheap beer in front of me :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread