Pot Head Detectorist

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You know I love you T.C. But It's no joke to those who suffer from this. When I worked in the school district, some kids would have an incredibly hard time focusing and be a bit out of control, they needed their meds as they suffered with attention deficit. the doctors would have them on prescription drugs to counteract the ADD. After taking their prescription they either were more out of it or acted like a zombie.
It's my personal belief they would have benefited more from medical Jane than to take these drugs that messed them up so much.
BTW my personal drug of choice is Coors Banquet! Lol!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well marawana is a touchy subject....those who dislike it REALLY dislike it! I know some heavy drinkers that hate "weed"

chowder

Nov 3, 2013
Western New York
Detector(s) used
White's M6 and White's MXT Pro
If this guy was as stoned as you say...chances are his machine was not even powered on. I could see him being so stoned, he would be making his own metal detector sounds, and all the while thinking it was the detector.

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder what the chances are of that fella being a member here.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are those that seem as if their attention is unfocused, can't pay attention and are a bit scattered and easily distracted. It's hard, if not impossible, to learn a new piano or guitar riff or even read a book.
They can have an identical twin who seems to be able to focus on learning 500 songs perfectly on their instrument with no apparent problems.
Pot has a tendency to knit these unfocused minds back together so they can actually settle down to get the job done.
For them pot is not a drug of addiction but medical help to help them aim higher and get stuff/goals accomplished.
The opposite may be true of others who aren't distracted by having the ability to focus naturally.
Kind of like Ritalin or Adderall that's given to ADD or ADHD patients but it has a paradoxical effect on those without ADD or ADHD? Or is it the other way around since those drugs are stimulants anyway I believe? At any rate, I work a guy that has ADHD and dyslexia, he smokes daily. He's reliable, he goes to work everyday, pays his bills and works hard. I have no problems with him. I'll take a pot smoking worker anyday over an alcoholic or a pill popper or someone who is just plain lazy.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm on page 15 now. But then I'm getting 15 posts per page.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of like Ritalin or Adderall that's given to ADD or ADHD patients but it has a paradoxical effect on those without ADD or ADHD? Or is it the other way around since those drugs are stimulants anyway I believe? At any rate, I work a guy that has ADHD and dyslexia, he smokes daily. He's reliable, he goes to work everyday, pays his bills and works hard. I have no problems with him. I'll take a pot smoking worker anyday over an alcoholic or a pill popper or someone who is just plain lazy.

There's always an exception to the rule...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have known many people including lawyers, bankers, and many professionals that smoke and yet carry on a very productive life, in fact known far more who were productive pot smokers than lazy do nothing potheads...

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have known many people including lawyers, bankers, and many professionals that smoke and yet carry on a very productive life, in fact known far more who were productive pot smokers than lazy do nothing potheads...

It's a crutch....nothing more, nothing less.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is sugar and coffee...... Point is as a free adult in a free society it is their right to do what they want as long as it harms no one else.

Everything the government has said about pot for the last 80+ years is all pure government propaganda...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

God given "crutch"...

Used as a safe medicine for 1000's of years.

Till the money pill game got going strong...

Boy... did that ever backfire.

Now the money goes to the OTHER CROOKS. heh

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read an article a while back that said cannabis was a major ingredient in the holy oil anointed by Jesus and others. I have a friend that was having seizures multiple times daily after suffering a stroke. He started taking cannabis oil and all of his seizures stopped. No seizures in over a year now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread