Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: Pot Head Detectorist

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8937 times

Cool Pot Head Detectorist

SO I was out today testing out my machines I just got back from the police. I just need to make sure they work proper according to my insurance company.

This man walks up on me and strikes up a conversation. He was an American, and he said man your and American too. Now keep in mind this fella was MDing with a CTX 3030, I assume because I was testing one my self that is why he walked up on me.

So I asked him if he had found anything. He says yeah man, lots of stuff but he is too stoned to really dig it. I am standing there with my Interpol wind breaker on and my issued side arm. I just sort of chuckled and said what was that buddy. He starts going on about the killer pot in Italy. Says the price is high but really worth it.

A couple minutes later he asked me what resort I was staying at. I said my house is right here. He says well thats cool but he was hoping that I was staying at the same resort he is because he has no idea where it is at, but would know his way around it once he gets inside.

Then he says well cool for you in having a house here in Italy, he says what do you do. I tell him its on my wind breaker. He says Oh wow man, I thought you got that at the flea market. So I said and the side arm, and he says is it real.

Now I am trying very hard not to start laughing my butt off, however at the same time I am trying hard not to bother him either because I am really enjoying this conversation.

He goes on about some odd stuff about animals and beaches, I could not keep up at all. Then he says OK man I need some help. He says he needs to make it back to his resort but has no idea which one it is. So I tell him that he is most likely staying at Europa Camp, and he asked me why I thought that, so I told him because he is wearing an electronic resort ID arm band. I then said well unless you found it. He says he is pretty sure he did not find it because he is too stones to dig anything up.

I started to tell him about where Europe Camp is located, but he pulls out a small joint and lights it up. I was like screw it and just offered to give him a ride back to his sight.

About half way there a friend of mine is standing in a traffic circle in his civilian clothing with his Berretta M12 strapped over his chest and with 2 Uniform Officers. He sees my SUV and signals me to pull over: so I hit my lights and pull over. He just wanted to ask how things where going and invite me out for some fishing in the morning.

He catches that distinct smell of pot and just looks at me. I told him to just get in that we will only be a few minutes and will bring him right back.

So we take this Pot Head MDer to Europe Camp and asked at the front gate if he happened to be a guest there. They knew him straight away and told us where he was staying at, so I told them to open the gates. We go drop him off, make sure he gets settled in and go to leave. We walk out of his bungalow and Resort management is standing there at my SUV. Trying to be as kind and professional as they could they asked if everything was alright.

I said yes all was fine, that one of their guest wondered about 9 miles down the beach, seem dehydrated and certainly was lost so we brought him back. My buddy standing there says, mostly likely because he has smoked too much weed, he says I wonder where an American would get weed at here.

We get in the SUV and drive off back to that traffic circle. I was cracking up telling him all about this guy, he was cracking up because when he got in my SUV the guy got very nervous. I am sure that machine gun my mate had really screwed up his high.

We get back to the traffic circle my mate was at and the uniforms asked what was going on, so my mate tells him what was going on. The one uniform gets all pissy about someone smoking pot in public. I was keeping my own thoughts to my self, his partner tells him it is not a bad drug. By now there is a full blown debate in a traffic circle about if smoking pot should be allowed. The one pissy cop asked me what I thought, I told him it grows naturally, if you do not like it then bust the dealers and growers. My buddy says the same thing, and says nothing would stick at all busting an American Tourist for smoking weed, that his embassy would most likely assist in locating who the pot came from but that would be about it. The other uniform starts telling his partner he does not know how he can get so angry about this because back in high school they both smoked pot.

Anyway, I tested 2 machines and they seem fine. This stoner was the first person I have ever seen on these beaches out side my family who MD's, and to top it off he says he was too stoned to dig. I had about 2 hours of pure fun. My buddy is convinced that the resort is dealing pot and now they will most likely not deal anymore this season because they think the police are on to them.

So I have to ask; does anyone else here smoke pot while MDing? If so does it have any affect on your methods of MDing?
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    21969 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Been smoking pot since I was 13-years-old. I love smoking a hooter and then detecting. Relaxed, focused on the headphones, and pulltabs don't bother me as much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terryswallpaper.jpg 
Views:	669 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	1315410  

us
    VERDE

Jun 2013
    Louisiana
    AT Pro
    708 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hey Oddjob!! Hilarious!! Amazed the guy didn't detect his own shoe laces!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    31056 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I like having a nice clear head !
    But cool Story
    Oddjob, kcm, DeepseekerADS and 8 others like this.

us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    Currently: XP Deus v4.1 Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher Gold Bug 2 Previously: Garrett GTA 500 Garrett Ultra GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 1250
    874 times
    Nah, I can't smoke if I'm gonna be doing anything strenuous or anything that requires concentration. Á few years ago, me and a friend went gold panning. He passes me his one-hitter and I take a few tokes. The next two hours were spent just lying in the grass beside the river, lazing around and enjoying the beautiful day. Meanwhile, my friend was scoring some nice flour gold. So yeah, if I smoke, I need to be horizontal, listening to some mellow tunes.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2229 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    I don't chance random drug tests. I need my job.
    Oddjob, austin, NC Digger and 15 others like this.
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3490 times
    Research/Limited field work
    I DON'T DO DRUGS
    i DON'T DO WEED
    I JUST WANT HUGS
    THAT'S ALL I NEED...

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor /Galice Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    11022 times
    He was 9 miles down the beach? I think his "weed" had an accomplice

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Jul 2006
    Jefferson, Ga
    BH LRP 1265X, GoldBug II
    1583 times
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    I DON'T DO DRUGS
    i DON'T DO WEED
    I JUST WANT HUGS
    THAT'S ALL I NEED...
    A big Congratulations for you my Friend.
    I'm 76 and have NEVER smoked one of those "Left Handed Cigarettes".
    So many weak folks around.
    Marvin
    Oddjob, Showtime2385, kcm and 8 others like this.
    From the Redneck dictionary-----------un·der·tak·er | \ˌən-dər-ˈtā-kər,
    The last person to see you Naked.
    Beep, Beep.

us
    Apr 2012
    Left coast
    Love to treasure hunt
    2032 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Good story - I thought it would be a lot of pothead
    Bashing, but it was funny. Boy, was that guy a fool. I have heard herb is highly illegal in Italy. Maybe he'd have a better time in Holland.

Marijuana and Metal Detecting go togeather fine. I wouldn't want any beer in me to make me feel heavy. A little herb though, can help give you a second wind.

us
    Oct 2006
    2502 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    i look at it this way, do wat you want, want wat you do, just dont trespass on others.

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8937 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinFetcher View Post
    Good story - I thought it would be a lot of pothead
    Bashing, but it was funny. Boy, was that guy a fool. I have heard herb is highly illegal in Italy. Maybe he'd have a better time in Holland.

Marijuana and Metal Detecting go togeather fine. I wouldn't want any beer in me to make me feel heavy. A little herb though, can help give you a second wind.
    No mate, you will never hear any pot head bashing from me or anyone working on my Team. We work serious crimes, those guys that work dope I have never worked with. I just can not see putting a law on something that grows natural. Be like telling me I could not fish anymore. Just some law from folks who could not find a way to tax back in the day.

We do have our share of u tight folks where I work though, in the EU Snuff and Chew is illegal. Because it causes cancer, but smoking all in public is just fine. I have even had a few tards with the sack to try and tell me chew is illegal, even had a customs Officer in Germany try to take my chew once. I chewed his butt out right there and shoved my creds all in his face and let him know that we could create a very big problem right here and right now, and when it is all said and done his DA will being telling me he is he sorry while I eat my Redman.

But yes Pot is looked at one of two ways in Italy by cops. Either they are very serious and hard on smokers or they just do not see it. Normally the guys who have jobs that put our lives in danger just do not care.

Me I was just shocked. This guy had me cracking up with the stuff he was saying. So he smoked a little pot, the only threat was his own hydration level but I gave him some water. 9 miles down the beach; man I wish my CTX 3030 battery would last 9 miles of grid searching and surf searching. Too stoned to dig his finds, I was cracking up.

Can knock someone on holiday just enjoying life and nature. I wish half the pricks we went after smoked like this guy, geck I would be out of a job, they could send those winers in HR to arrest terrorist then. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6416 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Great story!
    Oddjob likes this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    7024 times
    Tried it as a kid (gee, thanks big sis!) but didn't like what it did to me. Never touched it again.

I feel about pot the same as I feel about alcohol - it's fine in moderation. When it starts playing with your mind, it's time to stop. I was drunk one time in my life. Was on base (USAF) and, in a 3-hour period with an empty stomach, I had 1 beer, 2 Tom Collins, 3 Long Island Ice Teas, and 1 of something I don't even know. Drove back to the dorm from the NCO Club, but noticed I was really having to struggle to drive "normally". Fortunately no other traffic! Got back to my room and tried to crash for the night. Had to go to work the next day, but every time I closed my eyes the room started spinning. Well, woke up 4 hours later without an alarm. No headache, no bloodshot eyes, no nothing. Just got up, went to work and had a great day. ...Never did eat anything, though, until breakfast.
    Keppy, Oddjob, Nitric and 2 others like this.

us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    Currently: XP Deus v4.1 Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher Gold Bug 2 Previously: Garrett GTA 500 Garrett Ultra GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 1250
    874 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    No mate, you will never hear any pot head bashing from me or anyone working on my Team. We work serious crimes, those guys that work dope I have never worked with. I just can not see putting a law on something that grows natural. Be like telling me I could not fish anymore. Just some law from folks who could not find a way to tax back in the day.

We do have our share of u tight folks where I work though, in the EU Snuff and Chew is illegal. Because it causes cancer, but smoking all in public is just fine. I have even had a few tards with the sack to try and tell me chew is illegal, even had a customs Officer in Germany try to take my chew once. I chewed his butt out right there and shoved my creds all in his face and let him know that we could create a very big problem right here and right now, and when it is all said and done his DA will being telling me he is he sorry while I eat my Redman.

But yes Pot is looked at one of two ways in Italy by cops. Either they are very serious and hard on smokers or they just do not see it. Normally the guys who have jobs that put our lives in danger just do not care.

Me I was just shocked. This guy had me cracking up with the stuff he was saying. So he smoked a little pot, the only threat was his own hydration level but I gave him some water. 9 miles down the beach; man I wish my CTX 3030 battery would last 9 miles of grid searching and surf searching. Too stoned to dig his finds, I was cracking up.

Can knock someone on holiday just enjoying life and nature. I wish half the pricks we went after smoked like this guy, geck I would be out of a job, they could send those winers in HR to arrest terrorist then. LOL
    Yeah, weed is highly demonized here in the United States, especially down south. But the same ones who were raised to hate and fear it are oftentimes the same ones who don't mind drinking their beer or whiskey.

I was raised in the south but I live up north now. The attitude up here towards weed is no different than the attitude towards someone having a beer. Kind of refreshing to see, actually.

Funny how public perception is so influenced by the laws that control us.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links