Folks, A thread for foods that are good for you....

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

Another spice that's worth adding to your diet...turmeric.

10 Health Benefits of Turmeric | Top 10 Home Remedies

Bill I spice up my homegrown chew. First I like to always use a half processed birch syrup, then I will use wormwood, Gota Kola. Bacopa and Lions Mane. Normally about 4 grams of each mixed with every 60 grams of chew. These have a great affect on the brain, but I am not going to quote a PDR about how good they are for you.

You can also make teas with them as well, cold or hot.

Another good one that is great to start the day off with is Barely Green and Wheat Grass, mixed in with pomegranate juice, then a nice cold Chaga tea or cold beet juice and you are ready to start the day.

My only take back on beet juice is that it is much like drinking fresh carrot juice, it will change your complexion a little. I am always in the sun so it is not bad, but for someone who is paste white, give it a month and watch out. LOL

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oddjob,

I had read that somewhere or other about people who consume a lot of carrot juice.....the skin takes on a similar tone over time....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Oddjob,

I had read that somewhere or other about people who consume a lot of carrot juice.....the skin takes on a similar tone over time....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thats right, not even that much just about 250 ML a day will turn their palms a light orange color.

Mainly it is for people adjusting and maintaining a certain alkaline level in their body.

We keep fresh home bottle juices, and among them is carrot, beet, rhubarb, grape, grapefruit, apple, lime, pair, pomegranate, plum, peach and apricot.

I mainly just use the beet, about a half liter a day and 250 ML a day of pomegranate with my barely green and wheat grass.

I have never been one to worry much about alkaline. I am more up for the endurance and that is why I use the beet. I work out 4 hours a day and need that extra push. You can actually feel it if you are off of it.

My 13 year old son uses lots of the juices, more so now that he finally got his first Velomobile. He has seen that beet can really mean the difference between 100 mile ride or a 400 miles ride.

So far we have only done a single 400 mile ride together, but it was straight through with an average of about 500 watts generated. Before he got his own the most we ever did together was little 100-150 mile rides together per day. Our family has new ones on order, the Quatrovelo We ordered 4 of them for now because the two younger ones will just ride with us. But come next year we are going to do the Roll Over America ride. Velomobiel.nl - QuattroVelo: intro

Beet will be key in this and we will need to local source in the US at each stop for that stuff.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also grow lemon mint and dry it out to crush and put in loose leaf tea.Lemon mint is also great to cook with in certain dishs.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Encinacea(spelling)is another great plant for makeing tea.I am doing research on it and have read it is also healthy for you in a number of ways.

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Supper tonight was eggplant parmesan with a side salad washed down with a glass of red wine.....I'm sure there's some goodies for you in there but I'm just to lazy to check out the various ingredients....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• DSC00930 (640x619).jpg
    DSC00930 (640x619).jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 99

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about Fresh caught fried White River catfish? Filets,with hushpuppies,and purple onion.Ice cold sweet tea.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Virgin Olive oil means it is made without using lethal chemicals, and heating during squeezing out the oil from the fruit is controlled. Extra virgin means the oil is kept even cooler during squeezing. I assure you the use of virgin and extra virgin has nothing to do with its sexual history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread