The Next Superfood ... No thanks, I'll pass.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As scientists continue to explore how humanity will feed earth's growing populations, researchers are now trying to develop a way to reproduce milk from cockroaches in the lab, according to PopularScience.com.

Scientists think cockroach milk could be the superfood of the future - ScienceAlert

Roach milk could be society's next superfood, website says | NOLA.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...most-caloric-protein-on-earth-scientists-say/

Okay, if you can get the millennials to accept the lie of Man Made Global Warming, it should be easy to get them to swallow cockroach milk.

... but how many of 'em do you have to milk to get a glass of milk?

You know, we all know what terrible creatures cows are! Their flatulence is one of the main causes of MMGW (cow farts are destroying the ozone layer!), they are the main source of red meat (same scientists say red meat is bad for you), and who else would steal a 2 year old's bottle (yes, it happened to me - my mom told me they took it :tongue3: )?

So since cows are so evil, you guys swill down that cockroach milk. I'll just get rid of the cow's milk for ya :icon_thumleft: and then I'll dispose of the carcasses ... one steak at a time.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In military survival school they taught roaches were edible....

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In military survival school they taught roaches were edible....

Probably not one of the least tasty options ... but these folks are talking about for the general population.

Eat a disease carrying bug and keep alive --- or keep your dignity and die. Well, that's a bit different than, "On special today in our dairy department, roach milk! The perfect complement to junior's rat sandwich or leech pudding!"

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I didn't read the article, how hard is it to milk the cockroaches? Wouldn't milking a cow or goat be easier?:notworthy:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tried dehydrated Crickets and Mealworms that were gifted to us one year. BBQ flavour were pretty good actually-crispy little critters they are.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chadeaux,

The moderators definitely need to add a dislike button feature - not that your post was bad but just the thought of drinking cockroach milk was enough to cause me to lose interest in eating breakfast this morning. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CR milk.jpg

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm reminded of the Simpson's episode where the school was unwittingly giving the children rat's milk.

RM simp.jpg

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm guessing cock roach farts per gallon of milk, would be similar to cow farts per gallon.

I grabbed this info from petsamuri.com . Make of it what you will.

"Do cockroaches fart?"

"Like several other insects, cockroaches fart quite a lot. Cockroaches eat rotting wood, decaying matter, fungus, and reside microbes in their gut which are responsible for producing gas. How often or how much cockroaches fart depends on many different factors such as their diet and type of microbes in the cockroach gut."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread