You guys still like your Coca-Cola?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
'Human waste' in cans forces shutdown at Coca-Cola plant in Northern Ireland

'Human waste' in cans forces shutdown at Coca-Cola plant in Northern Ireland - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

By Claire O'Boyle
March 28 2017

Police have launched an investigation after what appears to be human waste was found in a shipment of drinks cans at a Co Antrim factory.

Multinational Coca-Cola said it was probing the matter with the PSNI. It added products currently on sale were not affected.

The night shift at Lisburn's Coca-Cola plant was disrupted last week when a container of cans thought to have arrived from Germany clogged up the machines - only for workers to discover a number were filled with what looked like human waste.

"It was absolutely horrible, and the machines had to be turned off for about 15 hours to be cleaned," a source said. "It was unusual because normally the cans come from somewhere else in the UK, but this time they apparently came from Germany.

"The rumour is that some poor immigrants could have made that long journey in the lorry and that in their desperation were forced to use the cans instead of a toilet.

"It's really shocking - and beyond the shock of finding something pretty disgusting in the cans is the thought there could have been poor people in that situation. And if they did make that journey, where are they now?"

The source explained the cans arrive at the factory without tops on, to be filled with the fizzy drink before they are sealed and sold across Northern Ireland.

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can say is :Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...and glad I don't drink Coca Cola

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm going to add extra rum just to make sure.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Way back in the 60's, around 60 or 61, I was finishing off an RC Cola, and something touched my lips. Put it up to the light and it had a murkey dead cockroach floating in it.

I shy far away from soda pops.

Just mountain water, tea and an occasional bit of brandy, sometimes a little more than necessary.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,yep watch everything that you consume,there is a lot of ones that do not like us US CITIZENS

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They should now change the name to "Coca-Colon".

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't live in Ireland. :tongue3:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back in the truckin' days I hauled a load of Coca Cola products,
including two 50 gal. drums of concentrated Coca Cola syrup.

The DOT required that I place Hazardous Material placards on
all sides of the trailer..apparently the syrup is so acidic that if it leaked from
the container it would eat right through the bottom of the trailer (aluminum)
within an hour.
wtf-1.gif~original

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had a coke yesterday,it was fine...I hope?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I collect old Coke bottles. The kind with the raised script, and I recently found a 6 pack of full bottles that had been in storage since the 1960s. I wonder if it's still good.. lol

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Human waste' in cans forces shutdown at Coca-Cola...

Multinational Coca-Cola said it was probing the matter with the PSNI.

Interesting choice of words.
I hope they get to the bottom of it.

manisthajain

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coca-Cola is like soda, don't like soda and other this type of drinks.

I drink Coca-Cola 2 or 3 time never take much time. The better suggestion drink homemade fruite juice like anything.

Sode, cold water not beneficial for body and health.

I drink everyday morning warm water.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coca-Cola is like soda, don't like soda and other this type of drinks.

I drink Coca-Cola 2 or 3 time never take much time. The better suggestion drink homemade fruite juice like anything.

Sode, cold water not beneficial for body and health.

I drink everyday morning warm water.

this is the first time I ever heard of the cold water thing, but almost all my water & Ginger ale is Drank at room Temperature.

Only thing I drink Cold is Chocolate milk.

Only Thing I Drink Hot is Coffee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread