pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope-Been clean going on for 31/33yrs now. But if it made me high I took it back then, nothing was too scary. Though a lot of folks are just too scared to admit that they do, even admitting it, is the first step. Admitting that is a problem is a way of reaching out so maybe somebody else can relate to the same thing. It still amazes me that in just talking it out with somebody has its effect without knowing it. Years later someone will say to me "Remember when we chatted about this or that, and it really helped me out" I'm taken back really, I don't know why sometimes I feel that, as I didn't do anything special. It could be just the honesty, not scared to talk, joke, about the countless screw ups, the nine lives I lived through-used up. My poor Guardian Angle really has had it's work cut out working with me I joke.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Nope-Been clean going on for 31/33yrs now. But if it made me high I took it back then, nothing was too scary. Though a lot of folks are just too scared to admit that they do, even admitting it, is the first step. Admitting that is a problem is a way of reaching out so maybe somebody else can relate to the same thing. It still amazes me that in just talking it out with somebody has its effect without knowing it. Years later someone will say to me "Remember when we chatted about this or that, and it really helped me out" I'm taken back really, I don't know why sometimes I feel that, as I didn't do anything special. It could be just the honesty, not scared to talk, joke, about the countless screw ups, the nine lives I lived through-used up. My poor Guardian Angle really has had it's work cut out working with me I joke.

first i want to at least say thanks for the response. whats frustrating me is that no one will respond wether it be out of shame or ? i never was the type to mess with illegal drugs when i was younger. too scared to. if a buddy had some weed after i was buzzed from brewskees then i'd cave in. now days its to big a risk. weed is being legalized because money can be made. like prohibition and alcohol go figure ? i'm screwed up from these drugs and i feel i dont have any shame so i'm very open. if i have mental problems these drugs only made them worse. i certainly dont judge anyone for doing drugs or alcohol. life is messed up but i think it stems from from something else. but i think if i state it a moderator will reprimand my post. congrats on being clean all these years and not moving on to prescription drugs there really is no difference between them. i really need to find more people who have been screwed up form these drugs. i feel so alone on this matter. so i dont know ? tried a very popular forum on the net same thing ? thanks again. i see your country is ca ? would that be California ?

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should try Olanzapine...It works for me, somewhat...I have had quite a few shrinks over the years and it seems that every one of them want to change your meds, I take it that the big pharms give them a kickback if they switch you to their meds...

Anyhow...IF they ever suggest Invega for you...I'd advise against it...It gave me some man boobs...I was feeling pretty good on the Invega Sustena and my shrink decided I should try the Trenza...Big mistake...I would not wish it on anyone...I was bouncing off the walls when they took me off of it cold turkey...

Thank God for Olanzapine...AKA Zyprexa...No more voices nor any of the crazy thoughts that go with it...

And what of the other mental conditions that I have...Well...I can live with them...As IF I have a lost mine or as IF I have given away a paragon diamond...LOL

Seroquel is great IF you can't get to sleep at night...But I take Zolipidem for that, aka Ambien...hehehe...Even if some prefer smoking bud...I prefer Ambien...

Good luck...

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Maybe you should try Olanzapine...It works for me, somewhat...I have had quite a few shrinks over the years and it seems that every one of them want to change your meds, I take it that the big pharms give them a kickback if they switch you to their meds...

Anyhow...IF they ever suggest Invega for you...I'd advise against it...It gave me some man boobs...I was feeling pretty good on the Invega Sustena and my shrink decided I should try the Trenza...Big mistake...I would not wish it on anyone...I was bouncing off the walls when they took me off of it cold turkey...

Thank God for Olanzapine...AKA Zyprexa...No more voices nor any of the crazy thoughts that go with it...

And what of the other mental conditions that I have...Well...I can live with them...As IF I have a lost mine or as IF I have given away a paragon diamond...LOL

Seroquel is great IF you can't get to sleep at night...But I take Zolipidem for that, aka Ambien...hehehe...Even if some prefer smoking bud...I prefer Ambien...

Good luck...

thanks for the response John i commend you for that. nope no more for me my body cant take it anymore. my brain feels like a potato and i feel like i've aged 30 years or more from them. VOICES ARE A BAD THING along with the bad thoughts. some peoples bodies are more tolerant. i suggest you google side effects and class action lawsuits for any of the drugs you took or are taking. you may as well get some money for a new detector or ?. check out the psych forum on craigslist. i'm humpty i listed all the drugs i can at least remember ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
first i want to at least say thanks for the response. whats frustrating me is that no one will respond wether it be out of shame or ? i never was the type to mess with illegal drugs when i was younger. too scared to. if a buddy had some weed after i was buzzed from brewskees then i'd cave in. now days its to big a risk. weed is being legalized because money can be made. like prohibition and alcohol go figure ? i'm screwed up from these drugs and i feel i dont have any shame so i'm very open. if i have mental problems these drugs only made them worse. i certainly dont judge anyone for doing drugs or alcohol. life is messed up but i think it stems from from something else. but i think if i state it a moderator will reprimand my post. congrats on being clean all these years and not moving on to prescription drugs there really is no difference between them. i really need to find more people who have been screwed up form these drugs. i feel so alone on this matter. so i dont know ? tried a very popular forum on the net same thing ? thanks again. i see your country is ca ? would that be California ?

SO true in what you say, money is the driver in many things in this world.

I learnt from a VERY YOUNG AGE preschool I'm talking that I know the Pharm.drugs well also. See there was a time when my own mother used to give us pills to keep us quiet (she was a self medicating Bi-Polar) so it wasn't uncommon to get a yellow or blue pill to keep us calm. So when the life got rough I'd go to the stashes of pills and take one, I soon learnt life was better and home was ok. I basically moved out when I was 10 living as much time with my older brother. But still under the eyes of the mother and home was the ruling word. By the time 16 rolled around I was in labour camps on the railway working and living the dream. Major industrial accident at 18 where I blew most of the right hand apart-huge amounts of drugs-no counselling on what or how all the surgeries and the PTSD effects a young person.
Partied hard for a decade took anything regardless of what it was and shot it up when I was able to, drank it if it made me feel good.
25 surgeries that have required painkillers, a huge case of operating on me in /80 not checking the lungs. Got really sick where the lungs filled up, having the flue/double pneumonia/coming off a party of 4 months straight. I kicked the crap out of the emergency at the hospital and woke from a chemically induced coma 4 days later, spent 30+ days in the hospital and looked at a 14K bill for my black out, down to 137lbs from 185lbs at 6'3" I was dying, no will to live.
They had me pumped with drugs that 13-20 letters long, and after a few months I asked my family DR. "How do I wipe my ass?" (no BS here) that's how messed up I was. Under an agreement they would wave the 14K with an apology and an order to attend a metal health meeting with a shrink once a month. More drugs.

I sat one time in the waiting room for over two hrs-got frustrated and walked out and got in the car with my father. Driving home he told me of a story of himself and some drug that the Dr. gave him one time. He said he dropped them them in the lake at work then threw the rest down the outhouse hole. Never looked back after that day. I don't know if was true or just his way of telling me to do the same, but I flushed and flushed till they all went down the drain.

It took a good part of a year to recover, swam, walked my king shepherd everyday, I did restore an old kitchen clock that had 20 coats of paint on it, so thick where I didn't even know there was scroll work on the clock. Here's a pic of the restored working clock nomad 11, it just reminds me life is good, and has been for a whole lot of years.
Sorry for my ramblings, but I feel it's also important to share so others understand things. It's amazing what others have done, the knowledge folks share here, the good and the struggles we all face. I'm never embarrassed in talking about the struggles in life, nor the good times either. I believe it keeps of the chest, the heart can beat freely, as if one keeps acorn on it all someday something has to give.

IMG_2774.jpg IMG_2772.JPG

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow pepper you've lived some crazy stories! It's not funny stuff but the way you tell some of that gives me a chuckle. I'm glad you made it through.

On a lighter note, one of you guys grew boobs and didn't want them? If i had boobs to play with any time i wanted id never leave the house!!

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boobs are not all that they are cracked up to be...My kids were the ones who brought them to my attention...I hadn't even noticed I had them, they looked like the ones that John Travolta was sporting on a recent internet picture...lol...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow pepper you've lived some crazy stories! It's not funny stuff but the way you tell some of that gives me a chuckle. I'm glad you made it through.

On a lighter note, one of you guys grew boobs and didn't want them? If i had boobs to play with any time i wanted id never leave the house!!

I used to say "Living 20 in 10" meaning doing things at such a fast rate it would take 20 yrs for a normal person to fit what I had done in 10. I believe in cycles to or putting one's time. For example: The average work week is 38-40 hrs long for most folks they get the standard two days off a week, and holidays.
I did 85-100 hr weeks took 1 day off a month to sign things and to have a break for 13 years and when that was it done I wore out. Friends warned me that 10 yrs was the limit as they did the some thing. So it doesn't matter if it takes 25-30yrs to do the work or a shortened version we all have to put the time in. Addictive personalities have a way of doing things-light switch on-light switch off =no moderation.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently self medicating at the moment...I believe beer to be the best medicine in the world...lol...

And my boobs are not hairy...They only have hair around the areolas...rofl...

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find a good Dr. and see them regularly until you two find the right mix of meds. If it doesn't work or makes it worse, tell them you want to try something different. It took years for me to get the right mix of meds and the right Doctor.

Edit: A doctor who won't listen to what problems you are having with your medications is one doctor that you don't need to see anymore. Find the right doctor, and remember that you know your body and mind better than they do. Trust your body, trust your mind.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
SO true in what you say, money is the driver in many things in this world.

I learnt from a VERY YOUNG AGE preschool I'm talking that I know the Pharm.drugs well also. See there was a time when my own mother used to give us pills to keep us quiet (she was a self medicating Bi-Polar) so it wasn't uncommon to get a yellow or blue pill to keep us calm. So when the life got rough I'd go to the stashes of pills and take one, I soon learnt life was better and home was ok. I basically moved out when I was 10 living as much time with my older brother. But still under the eyes of the mother and home was the ruling word. By the time 16 rolled around I was in labour camps on the railway working and living the dream. Major industrial accident at 18 where I blew most of the right hand apart-huge amounts of drugs-no counselling on what or how all the surgeries and the PTSD effects a young person.
Partied hard for a decade took anything regardless of what it was and shot it up when I was able to, drank it if it made me feel good.
25 surgeries that have required painkillers, a huge case of operating on me in /80 not checking the lungs. Got really sick where the lungs filled up, having the flue/double pneumonia/coming off a party of 4 months straight. I kicked the crap out of the emergency at the hospital and woke from a chemically induced coma 4 days later, spent 30+ days in the hospital and looked at a 14K bill for my black out, down to 137lbs from 185lbs at 6'3" I was dying, no will to live.
They had me pumped with drugs that 13-20 letters long, and after a few months I asked my family DR. "How do I wipe my ass?" (no BS here) that's how messed up I was. Under an agreement they would wave the 14K with an apology and an order to attend a metal health meeting with a shrink once a month. More drugs.

I sat one time in the waiting room for over two hrs-got frustrated and walked out and got in the car with my father. Driving home he told me of a story of himself and some drug that the Dr. gave him one time. He said he dropped them them in the lake at work then threw the rest down the outhouse hole. Never looked back after that day. I don't know if was true or just his way of telling me to do the same, but I flushed and flushed till they all went down the drain.

It took a good part of a year to recover, swam, walked my king shepherd everyday, I did restore an old kitchen clock that had 20 coats of paint on it, so thick where I didn't even know there was scroll work on the clock. Here's a pic of the restored working clock nomad 11, it just reminds me life is good, and has been for a whole lot of years.
Sorry for my ramblings, but I feel it's also important to share so others understand things. It's amazing what others have done, the knowledge folks share here, the good and the struggles we all face. I'm never embarrassed in talking about the struggles in life, nor the good times either. I believe it keeps of the chest, the heart can beat freely, as if one keeps acorn on it all someday something has to give.

View attachment 1537303 View attachment 1537305

thanks for sharing you story. i love beautiful wood.tables,cabinets,chairs. i took wood shop 4 years in high school and it was so interesting the things high school kids produced. i made a bedside table out of ash and oak. cuz i made a mistake a couple times. i thought i would have it until i died. but i lost in i storage locker cuz i couldnt make the payment. takin pills doesnt help with that. how old is the clock ? i love the ticking its so soothing

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks for sharing you story. i love beautiful wood.tables,cabinets,chairs. i took wood shop 4 years in high school and it was so interesting the things high school kids produced. i made a bedside table out of ash and oak. cuz i made a mistake a couple times. i thought i would have it until i died. but i lost in i storage locker cuz i couldnt make the payment. takin pills doesnt help with that. how old is the clock ? i love the ticking its so soothing

No problem with sharing the good or bad that's what it's all about.

For the age of the clock I'd have to look at more carefully to get the month and yr. We had another Grandfather clock that the two dates were only a month apart in manufacturing.
During the transitional period of 1879 to 1883 the locations of both the Connecticut and New York factories both appear on the labels.

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett 350 Garrett pinpointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. There is some medicine out there that should work for you though it is not always easy to find the right balance.
My husband was bipolar he was a great loving person who loved the Lord, his family, and never knew a stranger. His grandfather died in a mental hospital in the 40's. He inherited that gene unfortunately. It often was a struggle, he hated the meds. He said that it felt like he was walking around with a heavy weight pushing down on him. I hated to see him have to deal with that. About every 5 years he would decide that he did not need his meds any more and that God had healed him. ( I know that God could have healed him but for some reason did not.) each time he would end up back in the hospital and each time it took him longer to get well enough to come home. Then the medicine would have to be adjusted again. In between his manic episodes he would have a fun loving normal life and work the farm but I know he would have rather not have to take his Medicine. Seroquel was one he took but not for long. Usually only long enough for the other medicine to kick in and to get back into his normal routine.

I hope and pray that the doctors can find something that will work for you well and that you will be able to enjoy life. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to see if a medicine will be ok and sometimes you just need to call the doctor and let him know the side affects. I hope you have someone helping you through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread