Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pops had problems with this. He ended up needing to get this antifungal stuff that he painted oon like nail polish almost

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i had it a few years ago on my hands from diggin in the dirt...i was told of VICKS vaporub , i slathered it on before bed and put on rubber gloves , took 2 or three applications but went right away...I used the no name brand under $2 bucks.....now i wear gloves...

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i had it a few years ago on my hands from diggin in the dirt...i was told of VICKS vaporub , i slathered it on before bed and put on rubber gloves , took 2 or three applications but went right away...I used the no name brand under $2 bucks.....now i wear gloves...

under the fingernails ? i never heard or seen that. that had to of been caused by something else because if you think about it ? your feet are always hiding in socks and shoes and they sweat in there. anyway thanks for the tip. do you think i should put rubber gloves on my feet ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
This works!

GOD Bless

Chris

oh come on Chris. like that would really work ? did it work for you ? all i had to do was look at the picture ? i'll just paint my toenails problem solved. right

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
oh come on Chris. like that would really work ? did it work for you ? all i had to do was look at the picture ? i'll just paint my toenails problem solved. right

As a matter of fact..YES IT DID dude,I don't recommend anything unless I SEE that it works.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tea tree ointment. Tea tree ointment. Tea tree ointment. Did I mention Tea tree ?? It works well. Nails take a while to grow out.

Chub

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
tanks everbudeee,i'll try them ? do you expect to hear results ?

Last edited:

pyrogort

Jan 19, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign (original),
Fisher 1280-X, Garrett Master Hunter BFO,
Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of the old "home" remedies ARE worth a try. Results, of course, vary from person-to-person but they are very inexpensive.
Vinegar (dilute acetic acid) and Tea Tree oil have been useful for many people. Another is soaking the nails in original formula
Listerine mouthwash. It contains thymol as an active ingredient which has antifungal as well as antibacterial properties. Back in the day,
I was called on from time to time to compound 3 to 4 % thymol in chloroform solution just for this purpose. Low viscosity solutions
work better than creams or ointments because they allow the active ingredient to penetrate under the affected nail better. The
prescription product Penlac@ contains ciclopirox in an acetone base.....similar to nail polish. The acetone base really gets under that
nail and into the nailbed. Effectively treating nailbed fungus can sometimes take a LONG time and, in some advanced cases, may
require an oral prescription such as Sporinox@.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
all right just a slight update. has anybody tried drinking the apple cider vinegar or was that just a joke ? because its not funny ! i deluted it about 50 percent and it was awful ! i compared it to drinking horse pixx ! though i never tried that either ! it was so awfull i hav'nt even been able to coax myself to trying it again. so if it was meant to be a joke there are some mean,mean mean people.comments ?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 2 cents here. I had some fungus sprouting up around the big toe nails. For lack of access to anything else Dipped the toes in MEK for about a minute. Worked great! I told a friend at work to try it on his wart on an index finger. He was applying it with a Q-Tip. Dip the Q-Tip put it on the wart until it evaporates. He started clipping the wart off with nail clippers. If I remember right it took about a week and a half. Funny thing, the wart was completely gone, never came back but it'd show up when he was fingerprinted.........

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
My 2 cents here. I had some fungus sprouting up around the big toe nails. For lack of access to anything else Dipped the toes in MEK for about a minute. Worked great! I told a friend at work to try it on his wart on an index finger. He was applying it with a Q-Tip. Dip the Q-Tip put it on the wart until it evaporates. He started clipping the wart off with nail clippers. If I remember right it took about a week and a half. Funny thing, the wart was completely gone, never came back but it'd show up when he was fingerprinted.........
oh man it was sprouting up ? how long did you ignore it before it reached that point ? you did'nt happen to get pictures ? MEK never heard of it ? where can ya get it ? if i could get everybodys 2 cents maybe i'd be a millionaire ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
SO WHAT IS MEK ?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEK = Methyl Ethyl Ketone. Used mainly for de-greasing surfaces, thinning paints etc. Used to be used a lot for removing left over flux on printed circuit boards. We used to have vapor degreasers that used it until people started finding out it'd suck most of the oils out of the skin & it'll get you higher than a kite. You can weld some plastics with it. Works excellent for blending scratches in wall paint etc.

Most of the box stores carry it in the paint dept. if not the small hardware stores carry it. Should be in with turp & lacquer thinner.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
mang that sounds like some nasty sheet. no way i'm gonna put my feet in that. i just dont have good luck. thanks boogy for the 411

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mang that sounds like some nasty sheet. no way i'm gonna put my feet in that. i just dont have good luck. thanks boogy for the 411
It sounds nasty but really isn't. I didn't put my feet in it, just dabbed it on with cotton balls. We had a guy that ran the machine that took the resist off PC boards and the seals on his machine didn't seal so he was huffing the fumes all day. He'd be sitting in the room high as a kite (no wonder he never complained over overtime & was always at work early!!) Ran in to him around 4 years after I left the company. You know? I think he's going to outlive me!

I truly think it & DMSO aren't used because the doctors don't want you buying your stuff for $4 at the hardware store making them lose $$$ on all the follow up visits etc.

DMSO is fun to play with not just for treating stuff! We used to mix some anchovy oil or the fish sauce from Nam with it. Shake hands or wipe a little on someone right before lunch, and watch the expression on their faces when all they could taste was anchovy! Peanut butter & jelly sandwich with anchovy anyone?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread