Hey Bald Guys - Wear a Hat! My Dermatologist Visit.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Started losing my hair in my 20's. I'm now 64. In those years my exposed scalp has been sunburned countless times, being an outdoors guy. My wife scheduled an appointment for me at MUSC to see a dermatologist, because I wouldn't...you know how that is.

Yesterday, they froze 7 pre-cancers off of my face, and I need to schedule an appointment to have my entire bald scalp peeled using a chemical/blue light process, to remove over 30 pre-cancers from the top of my head. I had no idea. Just for your information. Happy hunting, y'all.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i can relate. i'm bald by choice. i shave my head. did'nt start doing it by choice. my brain started cooking from the lousy a.d's i had to shave it to cool it down fast by pouring cold water on it. then i'd loose track of sun time and then too late ? the top of my head would get burned. oucheewawa ! so i wear a bandana often. but that what i'm concerned with is getting skin cancer on top of the old noggin. oh well then they'd have to cut it off ?:icon_scratch: oh well no use for anti depressants anymore heh ? it sucks gettin old but drugs suck even more ! i.e bandana's come in lots of fancy colors too.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those AD's are like a chemical frontal lobotomy. But they may beat the alternative. I tried several about 20 years ago, and Zoloft was the most tolerable. I was in a pretty deep hole, and they did pull me out, and was able to get off of Zoloft after about 6 months. Good luck to you.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Those AD's are like a chemical frontal lobotomy. But they may beat the alternative. I tried several about 20 years ago, and Zoloft was the most tolerable. I was in a pretty deep hole, and they did pull me out, and was able to get off of Zoloft after about 6 months. Good luck to you.
the alternative ? they should have just don the alternative ? then i would'nt have the regrets that i now have. good luck to me ? now i'm offended. nobody gave me a heads up. now look where i'm at ? see now i realize nobody looks out for the nieve. i must be greener than worm crap ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread