Flossing

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd never heard of flossing in the 70's until getting a cleaning around 1980 a very good looking dental assistant asked me if I flossed. I could smell the results of the flossing she was doing for me. YUCK!!!

I've flossed religiously since then and still have my teeth at almost 70 years old.

I'd either be gumming biscuits or wearing dentures if that pretty gal had not embarrassed me.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use the dental floss picks. The little plastic thingies with the strip of floss at one end, the pick at the other. A lot easier to use, because you don't need to cram both hands in your mouth. But buy the ones with the wider floss, not the thin little thread floss. They really improved my tooth and gum health. Usually use them twice a day, sometimes three times. Easy peasy. A warning...you Can pop off a crown with them so use carefully.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the string floss....

And YES I popped a crown off once :(

KookieJay

Greenie
Jul 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of water flossing before. I just use the regular string floss. I occasionally get lazy or forget but it isn't too harsh on my teeth. Maybe ask your doctor what brand would they advise you to use?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread