Drinking urine: Can it help? !!!WHAT!!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.foxnews.com/health/drinking-urine-can-it-help

By Dr. Manny Alvarez | Fox News

Many medical professionals say it’s not the secret to good health that advocates are claiming. (iStock)

Urine therapy is making a comeback from its centuries-old origins. And yes, the therapy does involve using your own urine to drink or apply topically for healing purposes.

But many medical professionals say it’s not the secret to good health that advocates are claiming.

According to one case study published in the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, urine therapy has been used in the past by ancient Greeks and Egyptians. Currently, the practice is popular in Asia, South America and the Middle East as a “wonder therapy” for conditions like acne or even cancer.

However, experts are skeptical since the therapy doesn’t have much research to back it up. According to the study above, drinking urine or applying it topically can have harmful effects. When left outside the body, the urine can quickly attract harmful bacteria, the authors state.

In their case study, a 16-year-old boy had attempted topical urine therapy for acne after receiving pressure from his mother to do so. The technique worked for a while but eventually inflamed it further after the boy tried using stored urine for convenience.

Doctors confirmed that his skin had amounts of bacteria well above normal skin flora. They then started him on a prescription treatment regimen that healed the inflammation within a few months.

Though a little bizarre, this type of alternative treatment is not uncommon. Urine therapy may arise out of the idea that urine is initially sterile when leaving the body. Many people, including doctors, believe the urine lacks harmful bacteria at this stage.

However, a more recent study on 41 patients with overactive bladder disorder has revealed otherwise. The study was published in the Journal of Microbiology.

Researchers examined urine samples of all patients plus 24 controls, using a more extensive testing protocol than normal. Upon testing, the researchers found 85 different bacterial species, including Streptococcus and Staphylococcus.

They also found bacteria present in 80 percent of the samples, even though standard testing measures suggested over 90 percent were “no growth” specimens.

The authors aimed to prove that these bacteria exist in the urinary tract so that future research may be conducted on whether overactive bladder disorder is bacteria-related.

However, the research can be applied to multiple situations. Based on this study, people who drink or apply urine to their skin may be re-introducing harmful bacteria into the body, compromising health.

In addition, the acne case study mentions that urine is a waste product that the body means to eliminate. Reusing that waste seems “contrary to good health,” states the JCAD study. However, the authors also point out that manufactured urea is used in some medications, including prescription dermatology drugs.

Even the U.S. Army Field Manual advises against drinking urine for survival purposes. That’s because urine contains harmful toxins and salt in concentrated amounts.

Because these waste products are highly concentrated, they could place undue stress on the liver and kidneys. Both organs would have to re-filter the concentrated toxins out of the body, straining them unnecessarily.

In addition, the field manual states that the body needs extra water to process fluids such as seawater that have higher salt concentration. Drinking these fluids can actually lead to dehydration.

The bottom line? Urine therapy may not be the wonder cure people want it to be. There just isn’t enough information to prove its efficacy.

However, what little research there is suggests the therapy could actually be dangerous. Besides, there are far more pleasant ways to maintain good health than drinking urine or putting it on your skin.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gives new meaning to "golden shower"??....lol

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post pisses me off

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Urine a world of hurt if you need to drink pee.........................:dontknow:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i think we should take a survey ? if you drink lots of beer ok. the drunker you get. it still comes out the other end looking like beer. anybody for recycling ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it Cures Crack Heads, if they drink enough of it.

I Can think of a few other Groups who should try drinking a Gallon of each others
for as Long as they are Still Alive to do so

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not gonna be drinking urine

When I was a dopey teen we used to say to pretty girls
“ I would drink your bath water”
How that got me no girlfriends I’ll never know

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/06/13/this-works-group-says-drinking-your-own-pee-good-for-you/

June 13, 2019 at 11:31 am

BOULDER, Colo. (CBS Local) — A small group of people in Colorado are drinking their own urine, insisting the practice has demonstrative health benefits. But the experts remain unconvinced.

The Urine Therapy of Colorado meetup group hosts monthly gatherings at the public library in Boulder for people to explore, learn about and support others drinking urine or using it as a topical treatment.

Christopher Macor said he began using it when he said no other creams or ointments helped his eczema on his hands. He says the moment he began soaking them in his urine, his eczema went away.

“It’s the fluid of your body that’s being given to you,” Macor told KUSA.

Another member said she has been using urine to treat ailments since 1983.

“In the morning that is the first thing I do,” said Indira Bhatt Gupta. “Let some part go, take the middle part, put it in my eyes, put it in my face, and just have some Chai in the morning.”

Macor said urine therapy dates back some 4,000 years and is called Shivambhu. The group points to a book “Healing Water From Within” by Boulder resident Brother Sage as proof.

“This works,” said Macor. “If you just shift your perception about it.”

But medical experts says there isn’t any scientific evidence of medical benefits from urine therapy. Dr. Comilla Sasson told KUSA that urine isn’t sterile and “could be harmful” because of the bacteria.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, I started this thread, and ran into another similar posting - re: above

BUT!!!

Ain't no way I'm drinking my pee or anyone else's, period :)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In the OLD days, doctors SNIFFED the urine... not DRINK it; could tell if too sweet (diabetes), etc. Wouldn't drink it either... just B.S.!

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When stationed overseas a marine stepped on a sea urchin and was in severe pain, An old woman that lived there went back into her house and came out with a can of fresh pee and had him soak his foot in it, a short while the pain went away.
You decide if it worked or if the pain just passed. I for one believe.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Really holepuncher, I don't know what to say about that! Realistically I do believe there are medical applications for urine.

However, I'm not looking to drink or soak any part of me in a bath of urine....

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you ever step on a sea urchin you may change your mind.:dontknow:

As long as I can provide the "bath solution"...... However, I'm up a heavily forested holler far away from sea urchins :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread