When you die ‘you know you’re dead because your brain keeps working’, scientist claim
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: When you die ‘you know you’re dead because your brain keeps working’, scientist claim

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    13,934
    19515 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!

    When you die ‘you know you’re dead because your brain keeps working’, scientist claim

    https://www.foxnews.com/science/when...ientist-claims

    We know we are dead when we die because our brains keep working to make us aware of what's happening around us, haunting new research suggests.

    Top medical experts have forever been at loggerheads over what happens when humans die, with anecdotal evidence of bright lights and flashes reported by people who have 'come back' being the cause of much debate.

    However, a new study suggests your consciousness carries on functioning after your heart stops beating and your body movements fail.

    This means you are essentially 'trapped' inside your dead body with your brain still working, if only for a short time.

    Survivors of cardiac arrest were aware of what was going on around them while they were 'dead' before being 'brought back to life', the study revealed.

    More surprising still, there is evidence to suggest the deceased may even hear themselves being pronounced dead by doctors.

    Dr. Sam Parnia is studying consciousness after death and examining cardiac arrest cases in Europe and the US.

    He says people in the first phase of death may still experience some form of consciousness.

    The expert ventured that people who have survived cardiac arrest later accurately described what was happening around them after their hearts stopped beating.

    He said: "They'll describe watching doctors and nurses working, they'll describe having awareness of full conversations, of visual things that were going on, that would otherwise not be known to them."

    Explaining when a patient is officially declared dead, he said: "It's all based on the moment when the heart stops.

    "Technically speaking, that's how you get the time of death."

    His study is examining what happens to the brain after a person goes into cardiac arrest - and whether consciousness continues after death and for how long - to improve the quality of resuscitation and prevent brain injuries while restarting the heart.

    Unlike the plot in Flatliners, however, when a person is resuscitated they don't return with a "magical enhancement" of their memories, said Dr. Parnia.
    AARC and Rebel - KGC like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

    "'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

    The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

    The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

    The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

  2. #2
    us
    nomad roman numeral 2

    Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2,396
    2413 times
    well i got a newsflash fer ya. in my fathers case his brain died and his heart kept beating for hours after he passed. i guess he had a good heart persay. so does that mean it wasnt official ? DOH !
    Rebel - KGC and DeepseekerADS like this.

  3. #3
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

    Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    32,376
    41236 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    ok thats kinda creepy
    Rebel - KGC and DeepseekerADS like this.

    Approved TreasureNet Stickers

    .:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

    (Free Shipping)


    SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    ARC

    Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    23,932
    63955 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sounds like many a night where I had too much Rum.

    I was aware of what was going on around me... but my brain had died.

    :P

    Wait...

    Did I say "too much Rum" ? ? ?

    I don't think I have ever said that before... hmmm

    Is there such a thing ? ? ?

    :/
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

  5. #5
    us
    Dec 2007
    CT
    Whites MXT, DetectorPro HH Underwater
    1,674
    1325 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    A friend of mine had a heart attack twenty years ago. He was being worked on when his heart stopped. He heard the EMT saying what happened and that he needed to be shocked. He says he tried to tell them he was still alive and watched the paddles hit him. He said it hurt like hell, but it worked. He's still alive.
    AARC and DeepseekerADS like this.
    Oldest Coin Finds to Date
    1737-1760 KGII Hibernia Half Cent ('10)
    1787 Fugio Large Cent ('15)
    1869 Two Cent ('09)
    1867-1883 Variety I Sheild Nickel ('09)
    1900 Barber Dime ('13)
    1929 Standing Liberty Quarter ('17)
    1944 Walking Liberty Half Dollar ('09)

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

    Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    32,376
    41236 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I have a drinking problem I cant get enough. I think my brain died long ago

    Approved TreasureNet Stickers

    .:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

    (Free Shipping)


    SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    13,934
    19515 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    I have a drinking problem I cant get enough. I think my brain died long ago
    I have no problem drinking, have a 42 oz Steel Reserve in my lap right now. Hot up here in my room. Think I'll take a taste and put it back in the freezer for half an hour or so. It'll taste much better then....

    I'll edit that post, I like beer - always have. I need to get a brew started. When I first retired, one of my first purchases was the set-up to make a fresh batch every three weeks. And a whole lot of that equipment remains unopened = I took retirement seriously I guess.

    Thing is, beer brewing is a whole lot of work actually.....

    Every single gizmo you use has to be absolutely sterilized.. I had one batch back when I was brewing, watching TV upstairs, and started hearing bottles going off. It was a 5 gallon brew (one case). And apparently I either failed to completely sterilize one of the steps along the way or maybe it was my time to have a bad batch. I'd made a number of batches prior to that - 24 bottles of the best beer I'd ever tasted in cooks prior to that.

    A 5 gallon brew is a case of beer. Takes a wee bit more than 6 weeks for the brew. You get this skill down pat, and it's the best you've ever tasted.

    However, you gotta expect and experience a brew failure such as mine. Time for me to start do some cleaning and do a brew - I'll enlist my brother, he would be absolutely delighted to drink more than his share Whatever, ya know?

    But it's awfully danged hot here right now = not conducive for me to get out from in front of the window air conditioner - an antique but it still blows cool air.
    Last edited by DeepseekerADS; Jun 07, 2020 at 05:02 PM.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

    "'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

    The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

    The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

    The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

  8. #8

    Oct 2016
    2,330
    1436 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    October, 1994, I overdosed on purpose and went to where it was black. When they found me I was back on my feet. I remember a nurse saying your heart should of burst. Needless to say I was not a happy camper.
    Rebel - KGC and DeepseekerADS like this.

  9. #9

    Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1,369
    1962 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Can it last all the way through the primaries?

    Chub
    Rebel - KGC and DeepseekerADS like this.

  10. #10

    Jun 2007
    22,404
    14856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/science/when...ientist-claims

    We know we are dead when we die because our brains keep working to make us aware of what's happening around us, haunting new research suggests.

    Top medical experts have forever been at loggerheads over what happens when humans die, with anecdotal evidence of bright lights and flashes reported by people who have 'come back' being the cause of much debate.

    However, a new study suggests your consciousness carries on functioning after your heart stops beating and your body movements fail.

    This means you are essentially 'trapped' inside your dead body with your brain still working, if only for a short time.

    Survivors of cardiac arrest were aware of what was going on around them while they were 'dead' before being 'brought back to life', the study revealed.

    More surprising still, there is evidence to suggest the deceased may even hear themselves being pronounced dead by doctors.

    Dr. Sam Parnia is studying consciousness after death and examining cardiac arrest cases in Europe and the US.

    He says people in the first phase of death may still experience some form of consciousness.

    The expert ventured that people who have survived cardiac arrest later accurately described what was happening around them after their hearts stopped beating.

    He said: "They'll describe watching doctors and nurses working, they'll describe having awareness of full conversations, of visual things that were going on, that would otherwise not be known to them."

    Explaining when a patient is officially declared dead, he said: "It's all based on the moment when the heart stops.

    "Technically speaking, that's how you get the time of death."

    His study is examining what happens to the brain after a person goes into cardiac arrest - and whether consciousness continues after death and for how long - to improve the quality of resuscitation and prevent brain injuries while restarting the heart.

    Unlike the plot in Flatliners, however, when a person is resuscitated they don't return with a "magical enhancement" of their memories, said Dr. Parnia.
    Flat-lining (NO brain-wave) is Key, NOT the heart.

  11. #11
    us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    2,973
    1253 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    And then there are a few political candidates.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

    If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

    L-rods are obsolete.

    May you never take one single breath for granted.

  12. #12
    us
    El Padron

    Oct 2010
    Southern California
    The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
    918
    507 times
    Unreported banner: 3 (maybe 4)
    Thats exactly what I tell people when they ask me why I havn't been married.
    Rebel - KGC and DeepseekerADS like this.

  13. #13

    Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    71,901
    39121 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    How can you see with Your eyes Closed.
    Unless the person dies with their Eyes Open & No one closes them, & they Can move them around or it's within their Peripheral Vision .....
    Sorry ! .... I'm calling BS

    More like a Dream because they were not really Dead. after all they were believed to have been Brought back
    DeepseekerADS and Rebel - KGC like this.

  14. #14
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    13,934
    19515 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I see nothing, though I do have 6 very serious beers in my gullet. Right now, life is good......
    jeff of pa and Rebel - KGC like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

    "'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

    The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

    The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

    The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

  15. #15

    Jun 2007
    22,404
    14856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    How can you see with Your eyes Closed.
    Unless the person dies with their Eyes Open & No one closes them, & they Can move them around or it's within their Peripheral Vision .....
    Sorry ! .... I'm calling BS

    More like a Dream because they were not really Dead. after all they were believed to have been Brought back
    BS!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Scientist Depressing New Discovery About The Brain
    By pat-tekker-cat in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep 21, 2013, 05:40 PM
  2. GPS advice for the brain dead
    By Tank69 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Aug 10, 2009, 03:07 PM
  3. Brain Dead
    By stefen in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2007, 10:56 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0