worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Doctors are good mechanics..fix a broken bone,stitch up your head,remove gall stones..other than that they are STUPID.They haven't the foggiest Idea what CAUSES symptoms so...Here take a pill. I'm sure you can relate to this.

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
amen to that. they sure st the element of doubt.......................with me anyway.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
i dont have a clue whats wrong with you ? but they sure know how to say pay on your way out.???

Capital AMEN! They also include medication prescriptions like they are care salesmen. Then, the problem still exists. I personally have had pains and misery from an injury, or maybe it's something even more internally serious. This is following 2 CT scans, full chest X-rays(my cost $158 each even with Medicare) plus a seizure causing a fender bender and a trip to the ER.

Doctors are certainly on my sh!t list. Four months is simply too long to suffer, and still not have a definitive diagnosis.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why do you think they call it a practice , don't lump all doctors together thhere are good and not so good ones I am lucky my wife is a nurse and is a good judge of them ,i guess I'm lucky as she has hooked me up with the good ones...

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
These "practice" docs I've experienced tout over 20 years of experience. The docs I read poor reviews about also have more than a decade. Practice just means bulk PROFIT, so you hardy even get to see the real doctor, unless you are on private insurance, not subdisdized.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Capital AMEN! They also include medication prescriptions like they are care salesmen. Then, the problem still exists. I personally have had pains and misery from an injury, or maybe it's something even more internally serious. This is following 2 CT scans, full chest X-rays(my cost $158 each even with Medicare) plus a seizure causing a fender bender and a trip to the ER.

Doctors are certainly on my sh!t list. Four months is simply too long to suffer, and still not have a definitive diagnosis.
oh you have a **** list too ? mine gets longer and longer right along with my age. if doctors were like car salesman they should have to say ? "its a good deal trust me"

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
why do you think they call it a practice , don't lump all doctors together thhere are good and not so good ones I am lucky my wife is a nurse and is a good judge of them ,i guess I'm lucky as she has hooked me up with the good ones...
i know that. i figured that out years ago. dont forget lawyers practice TOO ! well they can practice on somebody else and take their money TOO ! oh and you say you're lucky. well i'm not lucky. i'm still lokking for a good luck charm.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to jump in and say that I LOVE my VA doctors. I'm still here because of them, and will never ever bad mouth them - and they're with the VA!!!! So many complaints out there about the VA. I'm typing this because they have cared about me. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. God Bless the VA.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
I have to jump in and say that I LOVE my VA doctors. I'm still here because of them, and will never ever bad mouth them - and they're with the VA!!!! So many complaints out there about the VA. I'm typing this because they have cared about me. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. God Bless the VA.
well you must have a very good GOOD LUCK CHARM ? i'm not as fortunate. either i'm cursed or God just hates me ? continued luck and health to you.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
well you must have a very good GOOD LUCK CHARM ? i'm not as fortunate. either i'm cursed or God just hates me ? continued luck and health to you.

I lost one of my lifelong friends who was a vet and used the VA ever since the N-Nam war. He had his yearly checkups, everything the VA gave.

Well, my friend's last year of life, he suddenly got the report that he had stage FOUR cancer and he died within a month. Someone please tell me how a medical system MISSES cancer until it is suddenly stage FOUR when the VA had him getting yearly checks.

What happened to stages 1 thru 3? I blame the VA.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
I lost one of my lifelong friends who was a vet and used the VA ever since the N-Nam war. He had his yearly checkups, everything the VA gave.

Well, my friend's last year of life, he suddenly got the report that he had stage FOUR cancer and he died within a month. Someone please tell me how a medical system MISSES cancer until it is suddenly stage FOUR when the VA had him getting yearly checks.

i can only say i feel your pain and anguish. i'm bewildered myself. i'll keep searching for answers till i die myself

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I mostly self-treat. I cannot really recommend it to others. I worked as a diagnostician (we say trouble-shooter) in a large electronic factory for over 31 years. I got tired of doctors who had no clue so I went to the state university book store to buy some real medical books. I really thought it was illegal to buy such books. But, I walked into the medical section, picked out a couple books including a doctor's reference manual. I took them to the cash register woman, paid what she told me and walked out. That was nearly 40 years ago.

I started reading medical books. My latest is Guyton and Hall Physiology text book used in Medical schools in the USA, and translated to Spanish, in Mexican medical schools. An older version may cost $5 plus shipping. Medical books are not for the faint of heart. It takes years of study to begin to understand what they are saying. Every time anyone went to the doctor, I asked them what the doctor said, then looked it all up.

Now, I go years without going to a US doctor. The first time I have a problem, I need to ask then after that, I take care of it myself. In a nation where you can order a ton of illegal drugs, antibiotics are not a problem. In fact, you can legally buy them if you know where.

In 2015, one day I was unable to get out of bed without help. I called a person I know, one of the best doctors I know, and he told me what my problem was, SIBO, and how to deal with it, using probiotics and aspirin. I survived a thrombosis and 100% oxygen blocking pumonary embolism, as well as blood clots for days at a time, I well knew if I went to a doctor, I was doomed.

I will need to take probiotics (Sping Valley 50 billion from Walmart) for the rest of my life, but they are cheap compared to doctor visits. After 4 years, I am again feeling great (knock on woods :D )

And, I am not at all worried about cancer (google for Warburg effect and Atkins diet) nor infarctions.

And, I am 77 years old so my life expectancy is nearly complete.

Let me say again I do not recommend this to anyone. It is my "thing" and I am happy with it. Remember, I put my pants on the same way doctors do: BOTH LEGS AT THE SAME TIME. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
I mostly self-treat. I cannot really recommend it to others. I worked as a diagnostician (we say trouble-shooter) in a large electronic factory for over 31 years. I got tired of doctors who had no clue so I went to the state university book store to buy some real medical books. I really thought it was illegal to buy such books. But, I walked into the medical section, picked out a couple books including a doctor's reference manual. I took them to the cash register woman, paid what she told me and walked out. That was nearly 40 years ago.

I started reading medical books. My latest is Guyton and Hall Physiology text book used in Medical schools in the USA, and translated to Spanish, in Mexican medical schools. An older version may cost $5 plus shipping. Medical books are not for the faint of heart. It takes years of study to begin to understand what they are saying. Every time anyone went to the doctor, I asked them what the doctor said, then looked it all up.

Now, I go years without going to a US doctor. The first time I have a problem, I need to ask then after that, I take care of it myself. In a nation where you can order a ton of illegal drugs, antibiotics are not a problem. In fact, you can legally buy them if you know where.

In 2015, one day I was unable to get out of bed without help. I called a person I know, one of the best doctors I know, and he told me what my problem was, SIBO, and how to deal with it, using probiotics and aspirin. I survived a thrombosis and 100% oxygen blocking pumonary embolism, as well as blood clots for days at a time, I well knew if I went to a doctor, I was doomed.

I will need to take probiotics (Sping Valley 50 billion from Walmart) for the rest of my life, but they are cheap compared to doctor visits. After 4 years, I am again feeling great (knock on woods :D )

And, I am not at all worried about cancer (google for Warburg effect and Atkins diet) nor infarctions.

And, I am 77 years old so my life expectancy is nearly complete.

Let me say again I do not recommend this to anyone. It is my "thing" and I am happy with it. Remember, I put my pants on the same way doctors do: BOTH LEGS AT THE SAME TIME. :D

dont worry i wont sue ya. at least i dont have to pay ya for your recommendation. you stated knock on wood. imagine if it was a nice piece of oak or how about nice piece of black walnut ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used

damn thats a bummer. he must have been cursed like me ?

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
dont worry i wont sue ya. at least i dont have to pay ya for your recommendation. you stated knock on wood. imagine if it was a nice piece of oak or how about nice piece of black walnut ?

Hahaha. Actually, I knocked on my white skull. Closest thing of wood...

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
My pre-retirement company gave each employee a copy of the book TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF. Most self-care books don't do much good. This one actually has flow charts and DIY treatments.That actually work. They claim that insurance groups which give this book to al members cut medical costs by 15%. There are many editions, and it is written by doctors, not science writers.

I am sort of famous in my little Mexican village for viewing most doctors as idiots. :D Actually, I guess infamous. Once in a while someone asks me if I think all doctors are idiots (Not true, there are a few great doctors out there) why is my best friend here a doctor. I tell them, he is an idiot, too. :D

I saved his life a few years ago, he has never saved mine. He had intermittent claudication and knew of no treatment for it. I got him on Atkins induction and he admits it saved his life. Now, he knows a treatment for intermittent claudication. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread