Mom (92) asked me to find her hemp oil today......

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Like most nights, here I am heading towards 0100 hrs - or One Am again.

I went out with two grocery lists, and one of them listed Hemp Oil.......

Surprised I am....

I couldn't sleep, like normal, went down for another bottle of water, and the light to Mom's computer room was on - and she's online right now... Looks like it runs in the family.

Next door to Lowes grocery is a vape shop, so I went in to see what they have in there, and they had hemp oil = $50 for a eye drop sized bottle. Pretty high that was, but if it helps Mom, we'll get by.

She'd taken her first dropper full of the of the oil, and I asked her if it helped. She was positive, yet kinda vague. We'll see how it works out - if it does help I'll find it on-line cheaper.

Anyone here have experience with that, never done it myself?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thc might not be legal in your state.

Cbd is legal. Cbd is non intoxicating, and most likely helpful. Relaxes, reduces inflammation, and is basically known as a good medicine.

Cbd, or THC could be called ‘hemp oil’ - also, hemp oil could be basically snake oil w no medical properties.

Do some research and get some good cbd oil. It’s probably 100-200$ a ounce, but would have 100-200 doses.

Treasurenet is probably not the best place for this advice, but I figured I’d try to help.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasurenet is probably not the best place for this advice, but I figured I’d try to help.

Thanks for your message. I guess I'll see the results tomorrow, or thereafter with Mom. I know TNet probably isn't the place to ask the question, but I belong to NO OTHER forums = and we got some pretty darned smart and worldly members here :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've heard CDB yes, hemp no. And check out the ingredient label. They can put some junk in there she could be allergic to.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've tried for inflammation. Purdy experience stuff. My wife and I tried 1 oz. A piece for a month. One drop a day. If you can buy in Mississippi, it's legal everywhere. I couldn't really see a lot of results. If as I have heard the government allows more hemp in the ingredients. Maybe it will help. I will say I have heard first hand that it helps in some cases. It's not addictive I know that much.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're best source for "Hemp Oil" would be the health food
shops, or Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hemp+oil&ref=nb_sb_noss

Hemp oil is actually pressed from the Cannabis Ruderalis strain,
or actual hemp like that grown by farmers during WWII. The USA
needed rope, and hemp rope was the best around.

Ruderalis (hemp) is very low in THC, and if I recall properly (doubtful
with the bag of cats I have for a brain) it's level of THC is along the
lines of 2%. You could smoke 5 joints in a row containing 2% THC, and
you wouldn't feel a bit different aside from maybe having a headache.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's what I bought for Mom:

cbd_oil_all_flavors_600mg_hb.jpg

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Mom, all I could find was this funny cigarette.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Mom, all I could find was this funny cigarette.

:)

Oh good Lord, I remember back in the 70's she barged into my trailer and caught me & all my buddies with a cloud around us......

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have hemp fields going up all over the Thumb of Michigan, they are for the sole purpose to extract CBD oil, you need to buy from a known source because there arnt any regulations on the CBD oil, if you have actual CBD oil it will help but if its some diluted form then pry wont feel much of a effect...

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a good chance that when taking CBD a person might not pass a drug test. It's not that the CBD will affect a person but it's that the tests are that accurate. I was in a CBD store where a person wanted to know just that. The store said it would flag for THC even though it was barely detectable.
This has become a problem for people required to take drug tests. People are led to believe it won't flag. The process might be improving to where CBD won't flag but not the last I've heard. This is also a problem for those qualified to take THC. Most employers are considering staying with the Fed schedule 1 drug and don't want to deal with it. A lot of otherwise good people are loosing their jobs even though they are not high. I've also know of employers going as far as hair samples. Hair stores a lot of things including any drugs taken. Might be the reason we see a lot of bald guys today.
Colorado, especially Denver have set the bar for both pot and mushrooms and I think our fearless leaders should follow Denver's example.
Maybe it would get drinkers off the roads. Alcohol is our problem.
Our representatives can't seem to adapt to the times or even better information. This weed should have never been scheduled this way.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Think you may have gotten the real article at the vape shop..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions