rotor cuff injuries - what worked for you?

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after 3 weeks it seems it's not a mere strain - been resting it, aspirin, hot/cold packs.

Looks like a trip to the clinic may be in order- so tell me what you've had to do? Exercise? Injections?

Annoyed as the weather is breaking out nice - time to dig!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All depends on what happened to the joint. I've had surgery on both of mine, and both are OK now. Sometimes what you're doing will clear it up, and sometimes it doesn't. One easy thing to try is to take 1200mg of Boswellia Extract twice a day for a month. I take 600mg once/day, and will for the rest of my life. I started out at 1200mg for a hip problem, and that stuff fixed my hip after fighting the pain for several months. Boswellia is what they used to call frankincense back in the old days. it's been a valued medicine for arthritis for a couple thousand years. I recommended it to a close friend, for his shoulder problem, and in 2 weeks he was much, much better. It's cheap, too. You can find it at Amazon.
Jim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to have your shoulder checked most likely ultrasound is needed. You could have a torn rotor cuff and if not treated the tear can get worse. I have had rotor cuff surgery on both shoulders at different times in my life. I ignored one and it got worse, the pain was so bad at times when if I did some things I would fall to my knees in pain.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I had one rotator cuff repaired when it got so bad that I could only sleep for an hour or two before the pain woke me up. I wish I had done it sooner (same thing I say about having both knees scoped). Recovery wasn’t nearly as bad as my buddies told me it would be. Shoulder has been much better post-op but I won’t be doing any pull ups again. Doc also found that I’ve torn both biceps and they’ve been torn so long there was nothing he could do to repair them. It sounds like you need to get a medical opinion at the very least. If you’ve torn tendons, waiting won’t help. Just MHO, I’m not a doctor, I’ve never even played one on TV. Good luck and by the way, swinging a detector doesn’t help!
dts

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is do what the doctor says and DO NOT rush the healing process. Wear your brace as long as you are told to and Don't try and do anything (lift, pull,etc..) until you actually start therapy. Just a few words of caution. I have had my right shoulder done and I need my other done.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve hurt both of mine in the past. I recommend a product by nature’s way... BFC... stands for bones, flesh, and cartilage. It really speeds up the healing process.

A friend of mine crushed lower leg bones during a skydiving accident... Told him about it... docs were perplexed about the speedy recovery.

Btw... all product by Nature’s Way are excellent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread