Tom Hanks tests positive.....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
https://deadline.com/2020/03/tom-ha...e-coronavirus-elvis-presley-movie-1202880431/

EXCLUSIVE: We have just received word that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have tested positive for the coronavirus. Both have been down in Australia for the pre-production of Baz Luhrmann’s untitled Elvis Presley film from Warner Bros. The two-time Oscar winner Hanks is set to play Presley’s longtime manager Colonel Tom Parker in the project.

Warner Bros. was notified that someone in the production had been diagnosed with coronavirus, the studio said in a statement to Deadline, adding that the person is receiving treatment and that “we are working closely with the appropriate Australian health agencies to identify and contact anyone who may have come in direct contact with the individual.”

Deadline received a statement directly from Hanks:

“Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.

Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?

We’ll keep the world posted and updated.

Take care of yourselves!”

– Tom Hanks

Coronavirus: List Of Canceled Or Postponed Hollywood & Media Events

Warner Bros.’ untitled Elvis Presley movie is scheduled to open on Oct. 1, 2021. That date is a long way off, however, Hanks has a film that’s opening much sooner on the schedule: Sony’s Greyhound which just got moved to Father’s Day weekend, June 12 from its May 8 release last week. Hanks also has two more movies scheduled for 2020: Amblin/Universal’s sci-fi movie BIOS and Uni’s News of the World on Dec. 25, both shot in New Mexico.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://deadline.com/2020/03/tom-ha...e-coronavirus-elvis-presley-movie-1202880431/

EXCLUSIVE: We have just received word that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have tested positive for the coronavirus. Both have been down in Australia for the pre-production of Baz Luhrmann’s untitled Elvis Presley film from Warner Bros. The two-time Oscar winner Hanks is set to play Presley’s longtime manager Colonel Tom Parker in the project.

Warner Bros. was notified that someone in the production had been diagnosed with coronavirus, the studio said in a statement to Deadline, adding that the person is receiving treatment and that “we are working closely with the appropriate Australian health agencies to identify and contact anyone who may have come in direct contact with the individual.”

Deadline received a statement directly from Hanks:

“Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.

Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?

We’ll keep the world posted and updated.

Take care of yourselves!”

– Tom Hanks

Coronavirus: List Of Canceled Or Postponed Hollywood & Media Events

Warner Bros.’ untitled Elvis Presley movie is scheduled to open on Oct. 1, 2021. That date is a long way off, however, Hanks has a film that’s opening much sooner on the schedule: Sony’s Greyhound which just got moved to Father’s Day weekend, June 12 from its May 8 release last week. Hanks also has two more movies scheduled for 2020: Amblin/Universal’s sci-fi movie BIOS and Uni’s News of the World on Dec. 25, both shot in New Mexico.

I "Liked" your post not because Hanks has tested positive, but for you sharing the info.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the Utah Jazz basketball players tested positive, too.
One reason, they shutting basketball down.
Doesn't take a brainiac to figure out the other reasons...

eta: Now, Nat'l Hockey League shutting it down, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
UPS driver just dropped off a package of coffee for Mom.....

Hope he didn't expose us to the virus! Otherwise, I haven't been outside my holler for over a week. I'm not so possessed to relish human company anyway. I did have a VA appointment scheduled for this week, but I called and postponed that yesterday citing my good physical health and the desire to NOT be exposed in the "hospital" environment at the VA. I'm certain they have it there.....

I don't want or need it in my life :) Stay safe all my friends out there!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that within one year 70% of the world will have contracted this virus. Not much sense in worrying about it, you are probably going to get it. Hopefully it will be a weak case. Only one in six will need any medical help. Some won't even know they had it. So far no young people have got this. Here in Montana we had 13,576 reported flu cases (2018-2019 season) and 38 deaths. So far 0 cases of this virus. Everybody running around like they are going to die tomorrow. Compare that to 185 highway deaths, and over 1000 deaths due to heart attacks and strokes.

Last edited:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I read that within one year 70% of the world will have contracted this virus. Not much sense in worrying about it, you are probably going to get it. Hopefully it will be a weak case. Only one in six will need any medical help. Some won't even know they had it. So far no young people have got this. Here in Montana we had 13,576 reported flu cases (2018-2019 season) and 38 deaths. So far 0 cases of this virus. Everybody running around like they are going to die tomorrow. Compare that to 185 highway deaths, and over 1000 deaths due to heart attacks and strokes.

Projections and probabilities only mean something till you get sick, then they don't mean jack. Do you think the 1 out of 4 people you know who contracts Cancer think the statistics mean anything? Don't be comforted by invisible numbers. Be Smart, Take Precautions, Stay Safe.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an excellent article, for the indestructible young folks, who think this isn't anything to be concerned about.
Even young ppl, can have underlying health issues, that they may not be aware of, until too late.

Ol Kentucky, I used to have a friend would say all the time:
"It don't matter what the odds are, when you're that one".

Title of the article:
Young and unafraid of the pandemic? Good for you.
Now stop killing people!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/vo...op-killing-people/ar-BB113BXB?ocid=spartanntp

The fact that ppl can carry this virus and be extremely infectious, 2 weeks
before they show any symptoms or become sick, and could easily infect
their loved ones, should give folks something to think about, imho.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I found an excellent article, for the indestructible young folks, who think this isn't anything to be concerned about.
Even young ppl, can have underlying health issues, that they may not be aware of, until too late.

Ol Kentucky, I used to have a friend would say all the time:
"It don't matter what the odds are, when you're that one".

Title of the article:
Young and unafraid of the pandemic? Good for you.
Now stop killing people!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/vo...op-killing-people/ar-BB113BXB?ocid=spartanntp

The fact that ppl can carry this virus and be extremely infectious, 2 weeks
before they show any symptoms or become sick, and could easily infect
their loved ones, should give folks something to think about, imho.

I was Indestructible once. Keyword 'Once'. :wink:

Great article. :notworthy:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well sure, take precautions but worrying will not help. If you are old and have lung/health issues better write your will because chances are you will get it and some will not survive. But be more careful when walking across the street or driving a vehicle.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
World Health Organization says 80% of cases will only experience mild symptoms.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to tire us all out long before we get sick from it or anything else.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been watching closely at what is happening in Europe. We are 3-6 weeks behind if things stay on trajectory.

Tom Hanks and his Wife having it...probably due to jet setting around the world and socializing with people that do the same. Pretty high risk compared to the rest of us that live our boring lives.

In my opinion, the real risk is dealing with the likely effects...shortages...increased prices....restricted travel in areas with little supply chain....political impacts...social impacts...mental impacts...short term impacts to investments.

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to tire us all out long before we get sick from it or anything else.
RIGHT!!!!! :laughing7:
Me & the neighbor were just commenting over the fence,
"I'm so tired of shopping, I been to the store every day this week"! :BangHead:

If we hadn't have started planning/stocking up for this, 2 weeks ago,
we'd be standing in lines at the store, hours long!
It's a MAD HOUSE in S. Fl., for those that weren't ahead of this mess!
Past hurricane preparedness, has taught some of us, well. :thumbsup:

Deep, looks like that info I sent you,
may come down sooner, than expected!
Be ready folks, get your house in order. js… :notworthy:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting