Well, what do you know? Smokers have less chance of catching coronavirus...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why is smoking the final nail in the coffin for an unhealthy over 40? Only thing i could figure is going through cigarette withdrawl while beign sick must be terrible. But perhaps a nicotine patch could help..in the ancient past people didnt often live past 40. So i geus smoking deaths of cancer or lung disease wouldnt have been noticed.

Here in White Plains, NY, we were able to save over 900 Covid-19 patients at WPH. The virus attacks your lungs. If you are a smoker, you already have stressed lungs. I was a three-pack-a-day guy for many years after getting out of the Army, so I know the joys of a cigarette, and the damage the heat and tar does to our lungs. The Covid-19 death is a hard one. You drown, very slowly.:skullflag:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very True Terry. At work we take the virus seriously as it can be, my point is a bit of humor amid the human condition and its relevance to smokers here. What I've not heard anything about was another study in Europe, France I believe, about the use of nicotine patches as a method of fighting the virus. That one seems to have disappeared off the radar.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Why is smoking the final nail in the coffin for an unhealthy over 40? Only thing i could figure is going through cigarette withdrawl while beign sick must be terrible. But perhaps a nicotine patch could help..in the ancient past people didnt often live past 40. So i geus smoking deaths of cancer or lung disease wouldnt have been noticed.

Joecoins,
I agree about the smokers over age 40 thing, (being a smoker of 45+ years), I don’t think it’s a healthy habit, but “nail in coffin” may be generalizing a little much.
In my opinion, perhaps a better generalization might be:
- people who are prone to lung issues, will most likely experience negative impact from a cigarette smoking habit; Whereas some people that aren’t prone to lung issues, may only experience very mild negative side effects.

Different people seem to be prone to different stuff. Everybody’s body has a genetic weak link somewhere, and so they may be more susceptible to whatever their genetic weak link(s) might be. But who really knows for sure.
Could also be each person has a certain number of days and minutes, that is pretty much unique to them, and When they are all used up, time is up? :dontknow:
Sometimes it really seams like it’s something along those lines.

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think anyone should start smoking ...
Perhaps current smokers should cut back,
I dont think any benefits cigarets gives vs corona is worth mentioning. Because i think corona is somewhat a conspiracy. Beign used for different ends by different world powers... I could elaborate but some of the conspiracies i have heard are dark

Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have discovered first hand for decades that the yellow residue left on walls for example in a smokers home is one of the best biocides around. Mold, bacteria, and viruses don't live on the surfaces coated in cigarette smoke so it isn't crazy to find some defense in the lungs when coated as well.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I dont think anyone should start smoking ...
Perhaps current smokers should cut back,
I dont think any benefits cigarets gives vs corona is worth mentioning. Because i think corona is somewhat a conspiracy. Beign used for different ends by different world powers... I could elaborate but some of the conspiracies i have heard are dark
"Dark"...?

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, better off not mentioning...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions