worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope,not yet. I’m not really getting out except for daily walks. There is a no sew types where you can use coated rubber bands and a bandana. I don’t plan on socializing until the extended time is met.

That is exactly what my mom did when she was sick years ago so none of us kids got sick from what she had,I really do not know how well it worked,us kids still got sick at times.I will not wear a mask,I will in a cough or a sneeze do it into my arm.

How have you been girl?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I wear a mask in Wa l-Mart on senior day. 6 to 7 am. Tuesday only.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
We go off the property about once every 1.5-2 weeks. Been doing that since the first case hit Fl. We have come home without getting what we wanted if the crowd is too large.

If wearing a mask in public, wearing gloves and me keeping me away from everyone else gives me a better chance, at staying CV Free, than the next guy-

I'll take it. I don't want anything to do with getting that sick.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Masks aren't just for your personal protection, they are for the protection of those around you. The thing that really sucks about this virus is that you may have no symptoms or mild symptoms but still be able to infect other people around you.

mask.jpg

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I support your right (or what should be your right) to not wear a mask.

Figure this if 3 People are in an Elevator & 2 Have Masks.
with the Exception of the one who Pushed the Button.
And touches their Eyes.
All three are Just as safe as the Others

Just know your conclusion from the example (above) is not true. There are several reasons why but for starters, masks are not 100% effective, even the N95. So the person without a mask is spreading their germs and potentially directly infecting the other 2. Risk would be lower if all 3 wear masks.

OO

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I support your right (or what should be your right) to not wear a mask.

Just know your conclusion from the example (above) is not true. There are several reasons why but for starters, masks are not 100% effective, even the N95. So the person without a mask is spreading their germs and potentially directly infecting the other 2. Risk would be lower if all 3 wear masks.

OO

Yesterday as I Exited the Elevator & Headed to My apartment,a Woman with a Walker & Her face Double Bagged with Masks,
Said "Ya Know everyone is supposed to wear a Mask, Even in the Halls Here" I said "I heard something like that,
But I'm a "FREE AMERICAN" she said "OK" Couldn't see her Mouth So I Don't know if she Smiled.

FYI She is Still the only one here I've seen with a Mask. Not even the Manager Who is in Today.

My guess the woman either Misunderstood, Or is watching the wrong Channel on her tv

or Maybe she thinks this is a Nursing Home.

Though When I Went down to the Laundry, It looked like a Parade of Women with Walkers,
coming in the door, Who must have been out for Jog,
Non of them had masks either

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Searching for TP and paper towels today, reserves are low. I hit a Publics (grocery chain ), where I got one of the last 6-pack of tiny little rolls of TP. I mean TINY! Is that how they're dealing with the shortage? 1 pack per customer. This store was very busy, crowded, even. Most shoppers are wearing some kind of face covering. But not a single employee was. The lines were 3-4 deep. Then I stopped at Lowe's ( not the hardware store, but regional chain grocery ), they had no paper products, and it was busy, most people with masks, the employees had none. Last stop Wal Mart. They are limiting access, but there wasn't a line to get in. Not as many masks on people, I'd say only a quarter of the shoppers were wearing them. Hmmmm? I snatched one of the last 3 packs of paper towels. Two TINY rolls ( Wal Mart Brand ). No TP. It's a bit iffy out there. Luck to all.

Oh yeah, I'm wearing procedure mask while out.

Koalajones

Nov 10, 2019
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Radio shack detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont wear a mask and quite frankly I want this garbage over. People treat it like it's a vacation, I'm finding new employment this week and will hopefully catch the kung-flu and life will go on

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Searching for TP and paper towels today, reserves are low. I hit a Publics (grocery chain ), where I got one of the last 6-pack of tiny little rolls of TP. I mean TINY! Is that how they're dealing with the shortage? 1 pack per customer. This store was very busy, crowded, even. Most shoppers are wearing some kind of face covering. But not a single employee was. The lines were 3-4 deep. Then I stopped at Lowe's ( not the hardware store, but regional chain grocery ), they had no paper products, and it was busy, most people with masks, the employees had none. Last stop Wal Mart. They are limiting access, but there wasn't a line to get in. Not as many masks on people, I'd say only a quarter of the shoppers were wearing them. Hmmmm? I snatched one of the last 3 packs of paper towels. Two TINY rolls ( Wal Mart Brand ). No TP. It's a bit iffy out there. Luck to all.

Oh yeah, I'm wearing procedure mask while out.

Shopping last week , a couple rounded the corner into the paper products isle .looking warily at me being there as if I might have the plague.
(That or my fancy fabric mask and gloves and reading glasses....)

I coaxed a knowing smile from the gal when I hugged the package of toilet paper I was holding to my chest.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont wear a mask and quite frankly I want this garbage over. People treat it like it's a vacation, I'm finding new employment this week and will hopefully catch the kung-flu and life will go on

I hope your encounter with it goes well. I understand the way you feel. Some of us know it's potentially fatal for us. We may have to go, so the rest of you can get on with it.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maskt.jpg

Last edited:

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
masks...cant find any,but its about location on use at moment.im happy for those that live on the outside of big flair ups..the two counties above me positive for 50% of all positives in florida,,,I live on a dead end road to.choose wisely ..I wish all the best...

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't wear a mask, I hunt areas with low populations....when one is out with the dog or walking...they always cross over. If I ever encounter one that appears to be in a collision course... I will fire a warning sneeze across the bow - with acceptable no harm distance of course... . Other than being in the wide open, I have been seen to wear a mask when around others.....stranger-danger!

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting tomorrow anytime I go to a store or anywhere there is a chance of close personal contact I will be wearing a mask. I think it would be a good idea since I live in the second hardest hit county in Carolina.

I have a feeling by Saturday our Esteemed Leader will tell us that it is a good idea to wear them. And within a couple of weeks it will be mandatory in certain areas.

Anybody here in the United States wearing masks yet?

Wearing mask is a good way to protect yourself, but staying home is the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread