Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I took Mom out for groceries yesterday, and we both wore masks.

There are fewer than 10k people in this entire very rural county. Mom & I got out at most once a week for groceries, and we very very seldom have any visitors up this holler.

I asked, and was told there are 10 cases in this county, and one death from the virus. (Patrick County, Virginia)

We're good up here for another couple of weeks before we will have to go out again..

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y’all wouldn’t believe how many masks I’ve sold in past month...
And I’m determined to get through this without ever paying for one.
My wife paid for one though, it has baby goats on it... she works at a goat cheese shop.
I’d pay for one if it had baby donkeys on it.

I thought of you.................
eeore.jpg
https://www.etsy.com/au/market/eeyore_mask

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lucked out just before this covid thing took off. I got 3 full boxes of the 3m n95 masks. That were left in the back of a jeep I bought for a project.
I myself am avoiding going outside of my farm for shopping. Had to have 1 to go into the dmv. But this 2nd round being discussed makes me thankful to brave them due to the enforcements to follow

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I'm already a hermit. Been that way since I retired. Gave up on chasing women, though I do still like the thought.

This crap going on, isn't this some really serious stuff? In my 71 years, we've never seen anything like this. My rock & roll days, there was a song "Fear the Reaper"?

Well, looks like the Reaper is here now. What's next?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I guess I'm already a hermit. Been that way since I retired. Gave up on chasing women, though I do still like the thought.

This crap going on, isn't this some really serious stuff? In my 71 years, we've never seen anything like this. My rock & roll days, there was a song "Fear the Reaper"?

YOU worried...?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

The Reaper is here and he's brought lots of backup!

You're a good man for taking care of your Mom and keeping her safe. I'm glad you guys live in such a rural area and don't go out much

Stay Safe,

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
IF Anyone Is Interested, I just saw there is a documentary on PBS tonight at 10pm CST about the 1918 Pandemic. It's one of the American Experience documentaries I believe.

I saw part of it the other night and it seemed pretty relevant to what's going on now in the states.

Kace

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masks don't work that well. Cloth masks just about worthless, even medical masks only catch 44%. The moisture on cloth masks might actually make things worse. Wash your hands and don't touch your face and take vitamin D3 or get enough sunshine. Almost everyone is deficient in vitamin D3. Tests show the virus is not spread through breathing. Coughing and sneezing, yes. The reason children get few and weak cases is becasue they are outside in the sun more so they get vitamin D. Compare this to a 21 year old video game addict in their basement eating junk food. Modern day farming techniques have depleted the soil of nutrients so even foods that are supposed to be rich in vitamins are not so good.

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole mask thing is just plain stupid, unless you are wearing a full on respirator you are not protected by your little cloth or fabric mask, the virus is so small in size it just passes right through. But in the meantime while you are wearing said mask you are decreasing your oxygen uptake by up to 20% and that is if you are a fit individual, if you are out of shape it is even worse. And then there is the whole thing with damaging your own immunity. And honestly how many of you have cleaned those masks you are wearing, I am sure very few, so just imagine how nasty they are. I see plenty of people who obviously haven't cleaned their mask or are using the same surgical mask from day one. Lastly, on every box of surgical masks there is a warning that it doesn't protect you from the virus, and all these people who are making and send out fabric/cloth masks are including the same warning now, because guess what, it doesn't protect you.:BangHead:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have a better chance of catching minnows in a volly ball net than stopping Covid with a face mask...

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s so so so sad to see people wearing masks... outside... alone....on the beach....in a breeze....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't keep up with what day it is anymore. I could easily look at the bottom right on my computer screen.

Anyway, took Mom grocery shopping a couple days ago. Nearly every shop on the strip mall was closed, but Lowes was open. So we got loaded up on food. Should be good for a couple weeks now - though I shoulda got more beer :(

The local convenience stores seem okay, but they got plastic sheets up between customers & the cashier. I doubt that would really work in most situations, but it makes people feel better, and that's a lot.

My son and youngest daughter live in Metro-Detroit = worried about them.

My daughter in the middle lives in Winston-Salem - a bit over an hour away - but also a metro area. Nothing comes up here but that bear a few weeks ago, so Mom & I are getting very little exposure to the virus.

I'll probably shower in the morning and head to a convenience store for supplies (BEER)..... The public doesn't see me if I'm unclean.....

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Right Now If Everyone Wore Masks In The USofA When In Public, We Can All Work Together to Make This Thing A Bad Memory and Get Back To Our Normal Lives in 60-90 days. That's Nothing. Veterans were overseas two years or longer defending this country living in God knows what horrible conditions and Now is Everybody's Turn To Step Up and Protect Them and Every Other Citizen They Protected.

Right Now, Masks, Eye Protection and Hand Sanitation Are Our Only Defense In HELPING To Stop The Spread of Covid-19. They Are Not A Guaranteed Defense, BUT THEY DO HELP A Lot. That's been proven.

I'm not crazy about wearing them, but if I HAVE to go inside somewhere, I'll go in Fast, get what I need and Gladly wear them to keep myself and others safer.

This shouldn't even be a debate, some people are dying and if they don't die, their organs are most likely affected for life.

It's absolutely ridiculous that mask mandates have to happen and people are getting beat up, shot or stabbed over a mask debate when in reality most of us wouldn't even have to wear them over 10-15min IF you needed something you couldn't have delivered or pick up curbside.

Stay Safe Guys!

Kace

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right Now If Everyone Wore Masks In The USofA When In Public, We Can All Work Together to Make This Thing A Bad Memory and Get Back To Our Normal Lives in 60-90 days. That's Nothing. Veterans were overseas two years or longer defending this country living in God knows what horrible conditions and Now is Everybody's Turn To Step Up and Protect Them and Every Other Citizen They Protected.

Right Now, Masks, Eye Protection and Hand Sanitation Are Our Only Defense In HELPING To Stop The Spread of Covid-19. They Are Not A Guaranteed Defense, BUT THEY DO HELP A Lot. That's been proven.

I'm not crazy about wearing them, but if I HAVE to go inside somewhere, I'll go in Fast, get what I need and Gladly wear them to keep myself and others safer.

This shouldn't even be a debate, some people are dying and if they don't die, their organs are most likely affected for life.

It's absolutely ridiculous that mask mandates have to happen and people are getting beat up, shot or stabbed over a mask debate when in reality most of us wouldn't even have to wear them over 10-15min IF you needed something you couldn't have delivered or pick up curbside.

Stay Safe Guys!

Kace

If my reply is too political I am sure it will be taken care of, but even on Gilligan's Island they chose to listen to the Professor rather than the Millionaire! :tongue3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread