Are You Wearing A Mask Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting tomorrow anytime I go to a store or anywhere there is a chance of close personal contact I will be wearing a mask. I think it would be a good idea since I live in the second hardest hit county in Carolina.

I have a feeling by Saturday our Esteemed Leader will tell us that it is a good idea to wear them. And within a couple of weeks it will be mandatory in certain areas.

Anybody here in the United States wearing masks yet?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to HEALTH WATCH for more exposure.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t get the people wearing a mask when driving by themselves.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
No, the store shelves are barren.

Baribal

Jan 28, 2020
Germany
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least get one. Gonna be hard to buy the right ones in a couple of weeks. The point of those masks is not that you don't get infected but the other way around! You don't infect other people while wearing a mask. At least it's less likely.
gonna be interesting to see how the states and their supreme leader handle this whole situation. Hope for the best!

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my N95s months ago when it was still a “hoax” 3M also makes a HVAC house filter the Filtrete 1500 that filters bacteria and viruses, there are still a few out there. Walmart.com and Amazon are sold out.

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered a couple of boxes of "procedure masks" way back in February. Finally wore one this week when I went to get groceries. I am carrying a small squeeze bottle of hand sanitizer when I go out, and use it frequently, especially after touching doors, and I wipe down shopping cart handles before use. After using the check out. Any precautions we can take, IMO. We're all going to catch it, eventually, unless a vaccine is developed asap. Luck to all. Assume all you meet have it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Will NOT ! the last couple days the People who Play Doctors on the News, & Daily Briefings
Have been saying Masks do NOT work for everyone, & That only those who are Down with the Sickness & Health Officials
Should be Wearing them. If they show their Hypocrisy even more now by Declaring Masks Mandatory, I'll be declaring My Freedom to refuse :coffee2:

Figure this if 3 People are in an Elevator & 2 Have Masks.
with the Exception of the one who Pushed the Button.
And touches their Eyes.
All three are Just as safe as the Others

Last edited:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven’t been wearing one yet but I will after today. I have been bringing my own hand sanitizer and wipes and using them frequently while at the store.

The other day my grocery store (no names but a big chain of stores in New England) had a guy at the entrance with hand wipes and foam spray that he was using to clean the cart handles as shoppers came in. I’m in the store about 5 minutes when I hear someone coughing and I think to myself, “Swell, which selfish sick person decided to go grocery shopping and infect the rest of us?” ...... you guessed it - the guy cleaning the cart handles. He was wearing a mask but I don’t know how much it helped the way he was coughing! You can’t make this stuff up.
Stay safe out there.
dts

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven’t been wearing one yet but I will after today. I have been bringing my own hand sanitizer and wipes and using them frequently while at the store.

The other day my grocery store (no names but a big chain of stores in New England) had a guy at the entrance with hand wipes and foam spray that he was using to clean the cart handles as shoppers came in. I’m in the store about 5 minutes when I hear someone coughing and I think to myself, “Swell, which selfish sick person decided to go grocery shopping and infect the rest of us?” ...... you guessed it - the guy cleaning the cart handles. He was wearing a mask but I don’t know how much it helped the way he was coughing! You can’t make this stuff up.
Stay safe out there.
dts

One of My Meds (Losartan)side effects is dry cough.
Just because someone Coughs does not Mean they Have the Chinese Virus.
or should be banned from shopping. I Probably Cough Unknowingly every Day, Due to Being Used to it.
& Don't even notice if someone else does, Except for Major Hacking From someone

what next ? Z236qwfo5oy.JPG

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope,not yet. I’m not really getting out except for daily walks. There is a no sew types where you can use coated rubber bands and a bandana. I don’t plan on socializing until the extended time is met.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
5FB39CB5-7A17-40E0-9F99-20A1C7007A85.jpeg

I’m rubber, you’re glue

If you cough on me

It sticks to you.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep.
I wore a mask to the store.
And gloves.

The purpose of the mask is to reduce the trajectory of virus "spores".
Which means my side of the mask is why I wear it.
A person does not need to have symptoms to be transmitting virus.
Masks reduces the aerosol spray/breathing exhaust range. It does not eliminate virus spread.

Wearing a mask to potentially reduce range is promoted to infect people over a longer period of time vs everyone at once or in a short period of time .
It's not an if but when virus spreads. But reducing having everyone who has problems with the virus (vs those who fight it and can cope at home) catching it over a longer period of time we can reduce overwhelming our hospitals.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mask and gloves every time out I carry a spay bottle of alcohol and spray everything down when I get out of the store put in back of pic up and let the sun beat on it. Better safe than sorry always wear a mask even when talking to someone. been staying home alot doing yard work. Just remember if you get sick all the medical stuff is being used to help someone else. try to protect yourself the best you can you only live once. This virus can put a hurting on some of yous organs and could effect you the rest of your life. I still want to go metal detecting and look for bottles thats something I can do by myself and have fun doing it stay safe

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masks are the mark of a Paranoid.

At least in my small town.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most folks around here are wearing masks and gloves.
I bought gloves today and am still looking for where I can buy some real masks.

Until then I guess I will look like a bank robber in a cowboy movie. :tongue3:

bandana.jpg

GG~

Last edited:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife is making some masks now as I type. I had to go to my shop and make the wires for the nose piece. She has some wild print fabric and white cotton fabric for the inner liner. Perhaps we will do a selfie and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread