CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200509_184507.jpg

My PD cycler, what a bud.:hello2::headbang: Been on this for 3 mos now with good results, I'm still alive and well and won't complain. The wife and I did our bucket list travels for more than 3 years, (which at the time we didn't realize was our bucket list tour), enjoying the great USA and of course our Canada trip. Man the good times we had and memories made together. Met so many good folks from coast to coast, still keep in touch with some of them too.
I'm guessing there are others here on Tnet that have had kidney failure also and may be doing the hemo or the PD dialysis or received a kidney transplant. It all new to me. One day all is well, then I find out my kidneys are shot. What a shock to us both. This PD is a trip, you do it while you sleep, 8 hrs. worth. They teach you all you need to know about the machine so there usually are no glitches. Enjoy each day my Tnet friends, you just never know what tomorrow brings. Of course I know you know this already.

And yes, even with the cathider implanted in my gut, you can still treasure hunt. I've been a couple times and am still getting on the old knees to dig a plug. So all is well, except the RVRoamer part. I do miss my home away from home, she was a dream for us both.

GL HH

Last edited:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From one of uncle sams misguided children to another. Thanks for letting us know the troubles you are facing. I sincerely hope this keeps you around for quite some time. The trade off, is a major inconvenience to your everyday life. But it sounds like your current life is pretty good. Not stellar, but pleasant and it will keep you around for others to enjoy also.

Semper fi!

RJGMC

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks RJGMC for the words of encouragement.
Yeah, all is good, just a bit different to be sure.
Semper Fi back at ya!

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kray. Have a great day!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you have been able to adjust and still detect.

No one wants to have this happen but it sounds like doing it at night at home while sleeping allows you to have your waking hours back.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I chose this over the hemo center 3 times a week that actually filters the blood for 4 hrs a trip. This method is a more thorough cleaning of toxins but also a bit harsher. Imo. PD is a dextrose solution that draws the impurities through the peritoneal membrane. A total of 4 cycles of 2200 ml per cycle, dwelling 1 1/2 hours per cycle. This PD method is every night but let's you have the day ahead freed up to do what you want, even frees up the diet some too. Less than 10% select PD, most go to the hemo center 3 times per week at 4hrs per session. I understand this kidney failure much better now and can pass along what I have learned and how I live with it.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200510_073036.jpg

Some of the supplies stacked in the hallway. We fill up a bag of plastic trash about every 3 days, Recycled here in my County.:thumbsup:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RV....how does one know the condition of his kidneys ? A blood test, a M.R.I. ? I would like to check on the condition of my own kidneys......who do you go to see a urologist ? You've got me thinking...and I dont want to have a surprise like that, so I would like to get a kidney checkup !! Keep up the good spirit and dig as much as you can RVRoamer66, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A blood test most always is what shows your creatine levels. Mine hovered at 1.5 level then to 2 in a few weeks and ended at 4.5 which means the kidneys weren't doing their job. This high level of creatine shows your fate and then of course you either need a transplant or a method of clearing the toxins, or dialysis. It went down hill fast for me, some can hang around 2.5 or so for a longer period of time and may never get worse. In my case, my just fell out quickly to the over 4 level. So to answer your question Blak Bart, a blood test will show how well your kidneys are working. There is no telltale signs to speak of, so yes, it would be good to keep a check on this. Hope this helps.

Most all cases of kidney failure are due to uncontrolled blood pressure or diabetes. 5 % caused by other. I fall in the 5%, cause unknown.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you RV....time for me to check !!

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RVRoamer,

Sorry to read about your new challenge, I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. I hope all the best for you and your family. Stay strong Marine. Walt

Last edited:
OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800