Smoothies

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been drinking a lot of smoothies lately for a healthy breakfast.

Here are my ingredients I use..

Spinach
Kale
Moringa
Frozen Strawberries
Frozen Blueberries
Frozen Raspberries
Frozen Mangoes
Frozen Pineapples
Large spoonful of frozen stirfry vegetables
Liquid Pomegranate juice
Almond Milk
Large scoop of protein power.

Make 32oz for breakfast, also have it at night instead of icecream. I use frozen fruit for 2 reasons, they don't go bad and it makes the drink like a frozen milkshake. Taste great!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Been drinking a lot of smoothies lately for a healthy breakfast.

Here are my ingredients I use..

Spinach
Kale
Moringa
Frozen Strawberries
Frozen Blueberries
Frozen Raspberries
Frozen Mangoes
Frozen Pineapples
Large spoonful of frozen stirfry vegetables
Liquid Pomegranate juice
Almond Milk
Large scoop of protein power.

Make 32oz for breakfast, also have it at night instead of icecream. I use frozen fruit for 2 reasons, they don't go bad and it makes the drink like a frozen milkshake. Taste great!
Might try it...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread is inspirational. I used to be heavy into juicing, fruits & veggies. I was clean healthy then, felt on top of the world. Then my world complicated itself and I gave up. Still got the equipment. It is expensive if you have to rely on grocery shopping. Looks like I'll be having some fruit coming soon - that's what my orchard was meant for. 6 years later and not a fruit one. I have to go dig up my equipment, have two different types of juicers - a crusher, and a kinda blender one. When I was juicing, oh man I felt so much better, and certainly had no digestive problems!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is so good for you. Keep it up. We have all the ingredients but stopped lately. I had a sausage, egg, and, cheese sandwich today. So hard to stay on track.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I eat a lot of ginger, moringa, calamunsi and pomegranate. We have 4 moringa trees, 7 Calamunsi bushes and I started growing our own ginger this year but havent reached harvest. We also have 6 miracle berry bushes I use the berries instead of sugar for sweetening. One berry will make a raw lemon taste like lemonade when eaten. One berry will turn anything sour, tart or bitter sweet when eaten, lasts about 2 hours before it wears off...

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missing from picture is moringa which I pick fresh, and the almond milk.

20200816_093815_001.jpg

20200816_094852.jpg

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our Original moringa tree, I trim it back in winter, latest year I potted 3 of the cuttings and planted them in pots and transplanted them this year.

20200816_100138.jpg

Here are the 3 new moringa trees after planting them.

20200816_100328.jpg

Our Calamunsi lime trees.

20200816_100426.jpg

20200816_100529.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gagged right away on the idea of spinach and kale as a juice and moranga sounded like a disease. [emoji477][emoji2]

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gagged right away on the idea of spinach and kale as a juice and moranga sounded like a disease. [emoji477][emoji2]

You dont even know they are in the drink, the fruits have a much stronger flavor than the veggies, espcially when you use the pomegranate juice. I'm not a kale lover at all, but kale has lots of antioxidants which are major free radicals fighters. Smoothie taste a lot like a strawberry margarita, only thing missing is the tequila. :occasion18:.

A lot of the foods I eat have a lot of antioxidants in them. Strawberries, raspberries, blue berries and pomegranates are all high in antioxidants which are cancer fighters..

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Daughter is a smoothie junkie she gives me them I like em just dont tell me whats in em lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last one she made kinda looked like seaweed but it was good

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been too lazy for a long time now, but have my interest stirred up again by this thread.

Back when I was really into juicing, there's been no period in my life when I felt better physically.

Then I retired and settled into juicing - the kind that comes in aluminum cans. Kinda got used to that - alcoholism runs in the family - Dad was a bootlegger = moonshine :( So, for the past few years I've just kinda let my life slip away.

Shall I let that continue or should I put a bold front on getting back alive again? Trouble is, I was raised by a bootlegger and alcohol has never been far from my fridge - I just drink good beer now, haven't had a bottle & bond in my life for several years now. Dad's gone now, so no bootleg anymore either.

That's why Dad & Mom divorced when I was 5. Dad got busted hauling a trunk load, and we didn't see him again for a couple of years.

Did that stop him from drinking? Nope, of course not. Got that beer in front of me right now - so, did I stop yet?

Nope....

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been too lazy for a long time now, but have my interest stirred up again by this thread.

Back when I was really into juicing, there's been no period in my life when I felt better physically.

Then I retired and settled into juicing - the kind that comes in aluminum cans. Kinda got used to that - alcoholism runs in the family - Dad was a bootlegger = moonshine :( So, for the past few years I've just kinda let my life slip away.

Shall I let that continue or should I put a bold front on getting back alive again? Trouble is, I was raised by a bootlegger and alcohol has never been far from my fridge - I just drink good beer now, haven't had a bottle & bond in my life for several years now. Dad's gone now, so no bootleg anymore either.

That's why Dad & Mom divorced when I was 5. Dad got busted hauling a trunk load, and we didn't see him again for a couple of years.

Did that stop him from drinking? Nope, of course not. Got that beer in front of me right now - so, did I stop yet?

Nope....

Deep- try to get juicing back into your mornings. You'll remember how good it was. I love beer, look forward to it everyday. I do healthy for breakfast and lunch. Afternoon and evening not so much.
So try to work some healthy in there when you can. BTW it blows my mind that I was born in '65 while guys like you were in the sh-t. BIG thank you

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Until this morning, I've been stuck up here for well over a month = no car to drive, and that really takes my independence FAR away from me. My neighbor cares about me and came up here and berated me about my alcohol consumption. She's right, was right. Got me thinking now - while sipping just another good brew..... Whatever....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been blending off and on for 35 yrs. Will do it for awhile it seems then I get out of it also.

Though there's one product that hasn't let us down for 25+yrs is the Vitamix blender.
https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/
Sure it cost $450 back 25yrs-7yr warranty-3/4hp motor-10,000rpm.
Grinds the pulp to such a fine state that its juice.
Frozen fruit, yogurt 3-5 seconds and it's a sorbet/ice cream mix. Frozen mango is the best.
Had a warranty claim-they have the part at the door in a few days and with any upgrade of the lid free.(This was 15yrs ago even)

It's like anything in life-You get what you pay for-go cheap and one will replace & replace & then quit.

Buy it once and carry on with life.

We do a lot of organic fruit up every season. 100lbs of blueberries 85lbs in the freezers, 25lbs of Hascaps (8X the antioxidants of a blueberry) then there's the Elder berries, strawberries, grapes, cherries, black/red raspberries, apples, nectarines, plums, peaches. Basically it fills a 25 cu ft freezer-to put into perspective we have 4 freezers now (plus 2 large fridge bottom drawer ones (waiting for a 25cu.ft) to come in for the vegetables and meats.

If one doesn't have their health-basically one can have lots $$$$, but that won't help if the body isn't cared for.

Good thread TH.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread