gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with smokey, have the tag but still love to detect. Can no longer hike far to a site and can only hunt for a couple of hours but I cannot give it up. I have to stop and rest some during a hunt but the call of hidden treasures in the dirt still summons me. I am forever grateful that I started fifty years ago and have been able to enjoy long hunts and lots of digging with some nice finds and it sucks to be older with some health problems that prevent me from hunting like a 20 year old, but I just LOVE the hunt.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm getting up there grabbing the pension, just 40% disability with the paws.
Lungs are shot basically have to watch everything from a whiff of dust to smoke.
Legs give me a headache, not even close to the endless hrs on the meter I used to do with them.
But give me the detector and shovel and it's a good day, as I seem to work out the pains if I have them in the body, as it's therapy it seems for the mind/body.
It's usually a day of recovery after a longer hunt now.
I have an ace in the hole-as the Mrs said when the mind goes she'll just rebury all my finds in the field, and I'll be one happy guy when I dig a new treasure up every time it beeps.:laughing7:
(Note I am so grateful to the manufactures that come out with lighter machines)

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a messed up back. Kyphosis. Lots of pain. I can detect for about 1 hr. at a time, then go lay down. Needless to say I don't find much but enjoy getting out. One silver coin would make my year! Gary

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I broke my back in four places in 06,I ended up on SSI 4 years later,I have to keep moving,and,mding is super therapy,along with photography,and fishing.At 69 I have slowed a bit though,I still keep at it.
GOD Bless

Chris

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might LOOK Disabled (see profile pic), but I tell them that ask, that I'm ABLE to do anything with one arm...........

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dr diagnosed me as permanently disabled this year as I have lymphedema in one leg, a broken vertebrae in my back, arthritis in my knees and hips but I haven't been disabled through SSDI yet. So work on I will, as best as I can, my job as a trucker doesn't help with all my issues and brought on a D.V.T which ended up in a blood clot to my lungs called a saddle embolism that should have killed me. So I am sure SSDI will say I'm not disabled.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions