worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, went to the link you provided. In the "article", they claim the Who recommended now wearing masks and provided a Link to the video where it's alleged the Who said not wear masks. Did you watch the video?

I am able to think for myself,I need NOT experts telling me what I should or should not do.Do you??

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a trick question. You didn't watch the video provided, because if you did, you'd realize the WHO didn't recently recommend not wearing masks as the article falsely states. They did back when the pandemic first started in early 2020 before they knew much about the virus. But ever since, these sketchy sites keep pushing it as though they said it yesterday.

Heres a link to WHO and their COVID safety recommendations: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

And since i know you won't follow the link or read it, in pertinent part about MASKS from WHO:

"Make wearing a mask a normal part of being around other people. The appropriate use, storage and cleaning or disposal are essential to make masks as effective as possible.
Here are the basics of how to wear a mask:

Clean your hands before you put your mask on, as well as before and after you take it off, and after you touch it at any time.
Make sure it covers both your nose, mouth and chin.
When you take off a mask, store it in a clean plastic bag, and every day either wash it if it’s a fabric mask, or dispose of a medical mask in a trash bin.
Don’t use masks with valves."
"

Please quit pushing this false info without first vetting and reseaching it.

Critical Thinking is definitely a lost skill in America. Sad.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to town a couple days ago, had to go to the bank to straighten out some miscues (mine) - I don't even know how much money I actually have. Hiding up the holler, haven't been wearing a mask. And that's the first time I've been out in several weeks - probably a month or more = NO Covid up this holler. I postponed a VA appointment - that hospital is the worst place I can think of to be exposed to the virus.

Isolation up this holler is the best place I can think of to avoid the frailties of this danged collapsing world.

It ain't over yet, and maybe it's going to get a heck of a lot worse.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a trick question. You didn't watch the video provided, because if you did, you'd realize the WHO didn't recently recommend not wearing masks as the article falsely states. They did back when the pandemic first started in early 2020 before they knew much about the virus. But ever since, these sketchy sites keep pushing it as though they said it yesterday.

Heres a link to WHO and their COVID safety recommendations: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

And since i know you won't follow the link or read it, in pertinent part about MASKS from WHO:

"Make wearing a mask a normal part of being around other people. The appropriate use, storage and cleaning or disposal are essential to make masks as effective as possible.
Here are the basics of how to wear a mask:

Clean your hands before you put your mask on, as well as before and after you take it off, and after you touch it at any time.
Make sure it covers both your nose, mouth and chin.
When you take off a mask, store it in a clean plastic bag, and every day either wash it if it’s a fabric mask, or dispose of a medical mask in a trash bin.
Don’t use masks with valves."
"

Please quit pushing this false info without first vetting and reseaching it.

Critical Thinking is definitely a lost skill in America. Sad.
Believe what experts tell you,by the way,what makes them experts??

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wordtalker, how do you repeatedly keep getting duped into sharing these false or misleading links?

It's really dealing a blow to your credibility and is making you a sheep and puppet to those getting you to share them.

Have you found time to watch the documentary on Netflix, "The Social Dilemma"? https://www.thesocialdilemma.com/

It will give you a lot of insight into why and how the internet is working to polarize us and get us to share untrue information.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, some people probably should wear a mask. I know someone who died--their child brought it home and the guy had been very sick for months and months. Tetsed negative after a hospital stay then a few weeks later got pneumomia and died a few days later. Yeah, masks transmit pneumonia. Of course it was chalked up as a covid death. What can you do? Wear a mask when you sleep? Will it even help? Most everyone at the hospital here is male, morbidly obese and all the other co-morbidities like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, lung problems, circulation issues. I'd say old age but most of these these never would live that long anyway. You can bet they never got any exercise and probably no fresh air and sunshine. Vitamin D3 deficiency is many cases.

But for most healthy people the covid is no worse than a bad cold, some not even that bad. Our postman said his 91 year-old mother got it and she laughed about it. All she had was a scratchy throat. And I've seen no real proof masks help any. States that had the mask mandate since early Summer had no decrease in cases--some actually had higher numbers than most. Now they know school kids don't get it much. They aren't hygenic and it seems that doesn't matter much. Dr. Rand Paul said masks and even washing your hands has little prevention effect. I know a substitute teacher who has been to about a dozen schools,high school, middel school, primary school. Been exposed to thousands of kids' germs. Gave blood and their immunity test came back negative--never even got it.

It was a ploy for communist take-over.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wordtalker, how do you repeatedly keep getting duped into sharing these false or misleading links?

It's really dealing a blow to your credibility and is making you a sheep and puppet to those getting you to share them.

Have you found time to watch the documentary on Netflix, "The Social Dilemma"? https://www.thesocialdilemma.com/

It will give you a lot of insight into why and how the internet is working to polarize us and get us to share untrue information.

I do not need anyone to tell me how,or,what to think.I see humanity is being duped by experts,what makes them experts?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, some people probably should wear a mask. I know someone who died--their child brought it home and the guy had been very sick for months and months. Tetsed negative after a hospital stay then a few weeks later got pneumomia and died a few days later. Yeah, masks transmit pneumonia. Of course it was chalked up as a covid death. What can you do? Wear a mask when you sleep? Will it even help? Most everyone at the hospital here is male, morbidly obese and all the other co-morbidities like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, lung problems, circulation issues. I'd say old age but most of these these never would live that long anyway. You can bet they never got any exercise and probably no fresh air and sunshine. Vitamin D3 deficiency is many cases.

But for most healthy people the covid is no worse than a bad cold, some not even that bad. Our postman said his 91 year-old mother got it and she laughed about it. All she had was a scratchy throat. And I've seen no real proof masks help any. States that had the mask mandate since early Summer had no decrease in cases--some actually had higher numbers than most. Now they know school kids don't get it much. They aren't hygenic and it seems that doesn't matter much. Dr. Rand Paul said masks and even washing your hands has little prevention effect. I know a substitute teacher who has been to about a dozen schools,high school, middel school, primary school. Been exposed to thousands of kids' germs. Gave blood and their immunity test came back negative--never even got it.

It was a ploy for communist take-over.

I see you think for yourself.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not need anyone to tell me how,or,what to think.I see humanity is being duped by experts,what makes them experts?

For a guy who "doesn't need anyone to tell you how to think", you sure are sharing a whole lot of articles telling one "how to think".

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you think for yourself.

And when you repeatedly share false or misleading articles, without vetting them what so ever, it means you are NOT thinking for yourself.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“My body, my choice”....right? So if you get this virus and need medical help to survive we can just shovel your ass out the back door and call it good? If you’re going to go renegade and not listen to epidemiologists and scientists and actual medical doctors, along with the nurses, caregivers, first responders, paramedics, etc AND the families of the few hundred thousand dead in the US alone....we are not going to get through to you. Masks are inconvenient. It’s not about “convenience”. It’s about helping yourself and those around you. If you’re lucky enough to be able to hide out and not go anywhere...no mask needed.

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No convenient masks are worthless. Yes sterile mask and hands, proper masks work, but that is not what the masses are using. Otherwise it would have stopped this virus in the two week flatten the curve time-frame (Remember that joke?!). The virus is smaller than the filter most people are using. And now that virus piggybacking on water droplets has been debunked, well 99.95 percent effective is not happening. Oh wait 99.95 is survival rate if you get the virius, so yah, I am not with the sheep on putting on a "mask".Do you know that hospitals hire someone to fit a mask to there workers, and no they are not made of cloth.

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wait for a virus to show up with a 50% plus kill rate. The survivors will call it EVOLUTION

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wait for a virus to show up with a 50% plus kill rate. The survivors will call it EVOLUTION

Indeed it will. Funny thing is, with how large the population has grown, and how isolated we've become in seeking out our little online echo chambers of like thinking, for anything to seem "real" anymore, it has to cause destruction on a mass scale for anyone to recognize it as legitimate.

Wordtalker posts up a link every few days, and almost always it's debunked within minutes, yet he continues in his echo chamber. You'd think if he wanted to prove his narrative, he'd search out links and supporting facts that were credible to support his view, instead he essentially claims the world is flat, and then post's up pictures from space of this round globe we call earth.

The truth is, there may be some legitimate questions about the efficacy and safety of vaccines as well as questions about irregularities in Covid reporting numbers, but when you keep posting up fake, debunked, untruthful links trying to prove your narrative, you're only hurting your case.

It's being intellectually lazy and not wanting to put in the work to prove your case.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to town a couple days ago, had to go to the bank to straighten out some miscues (mine) - I don't even know how much money I actually have. Hiding up the holler, haven't been wearing a mask. And that's the first time I've been out in several weeks - probably a month or more = NO Covid up this holler. I postponed a VA appointment - that hospital is the worst place I can think of to be exposed to the virus.

Isolation up this holler is the best place I can think of to avoid the frailties of this danged collapsing world.

It ain't over yet, and maybe it's going to get a heck of a lot worse.

Going into a bank with a mask on and ask for money...

:laughing7:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed it will. Funny thing is, with how large the population has grown, and how isolated we've become in seeking out our little online echo chambers of like thinking, for anything to seem "real" anymore, it has to cause destruction on a mass scale for anyone to recognize it as legitimate.

Wordtalker posts up a link every few days, and almost always it's debunked within minutes, yet he continues in his echo chamber. You'd think if he wanted to prove his narrative, he'd search out links and supporting facts that were credible to support his view, instead he essentially claims the world is flat, and then post's up pictures from space of this round globe we call earth.

The truth is, there may be some legitimate questions about the efficacy and safety of vaccines as well as questions about

It's being intellectually lazy and not wanting to put in the work to prove your case.

Just a bit of friendly advice GoDeep, it might help your argument if you were not so darn obnoxious about it. :thumbsup:

You might even make some friends. :dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread