Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure I will take their advice, I like the idea of killing imported asian infections ,, And besides, have quite a stockpile of wipes to use up.
They have shown themselves to be prone to flip on a dime and contradict themselves in the past [such as with masks, early on they said not necessary, waste of time and even counterproductive, then over night they demanded that everyone wear one]

[h=2]Ditch the Clorox: CDC tells businesses to 'end hygiene theater' because risk of being infected with COVID through surfaces is 'low'[/h]
  • CDC officials have updated guidance to advise against disinfecting surfaces regularly
  • The agency deemed the risk of contracting COVID-19 from surfaces 'low'
  • CDC still advises using detergent, soap and water in households and business, but disinfectants are only necessary if there has been a suspected Covid case

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...s-schools-businesses-end-hygiene-theater.html

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would be scarier is if they weren't open to reviewing new information and making changes accordingly. There is nothing scarier then a person or institution, that despite evidence to the contrary, is unwilling to change their viewpoint.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one wont take their advice but I have pretty much been a germaphobe ever since my Granddaughter was in the cancer ward at a local hospital and even before then I practiced good hygiene. The mask issue is the only new thing in my daily routine, but I am not stringent in the use of them, I use them in stores or where required by protocol but I'm not one of these people driving down the road with the windows rolled up, in their own car wearing a mask. LOL I guess they wear condoms just in case a STD is flying by also.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching the "corona circus" for the last year and hearing and seeing all the leading "experts" (Dr. F for one) stumble through it contradicting themselves time after time, I don't believe any of them have a handle on any of the pandemic. I use personal knowledge, my highly intelligent wife, who worked in the medical field for 40 years, and a lot of common sense to decide for myself what I believe to be best for me and my family. Yes, I have been fully vaccinated... and I think I made the right decision. But to believe everything that comes out of the "experts" mouths would, in my opinion, be an exercise in futility!

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when people get PAID to talk, they'll say might near anything.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What would be scarier is if they weren't open to reviewing new information and making changes accordingly. There is nothing scarier then a person or institution, that despite evidence to the contrary, is unwilling to change their viewpoint.

Fair point

I for one wont take their advice but I have pretty much been a germaphobe ever since my Granddaughter was in the cancer ward at a local hospital and even before then I practiced good hygiene. The mask issue is the only new thing in my daily routine, but I am not stringent in the use of them, I use them in stores or where required by protocol but I'm not one of these people driving down the road with the windows rolled up, in their own car wearing a mask. LOL I guess they wear condoms just in case a STD is flying by also.

Same here, I have been a germaphobe most of my life without hardly thinking about it. Alot of my jobsites in heavy construction can be quite a walk to wash your hands, some guys will just sit down and eat with their grubby hands after working, me I'd walk half a mile to wash, and this for years and years before covid. Have been carrying wipes and roll of paper in my truck for years, don't see that changing any time soon. And surfaces which are touched alot like door knobs, steering wheels, cell phones, makes sense to sanitize those too when able after washing hands.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are great for cleaning the car and wiping down household surfaces versus a wet sponge!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fair point

Same here, I have been a germaphobe most of my life without hardly thinking about it. Alot of my jobsites in heavy construction can be quite a walk to wash your hands, some guys will just sit down and eat with their grubby hands after working, me I'd walk half a mile to wash, and this for years and years before covid. Have been carrying wipes and roll of paper in my truck for years, don't see that changing any time soon. And surfaces which are touched alot like door knobs, steering wheels, cell phones, makes sense to sanitize those too when able after washing hands.

40+ years ago while in the washroom I saw a fellow wash his hands before going to the urinal.
I was still washing my hands, and I kind of chuckled that I had never seen a prewash done before.

"Well I don't know what my hands have touched"-That comment has stuck with me ever since......

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
After watching the "corona circus" for the last year and hearing and seeing all the leading "experts" (Dr. F for one) stumble through it contradicting themselves time after time, I don't believe any of them have a handle on any of the pandemic. I use personal knowledge, my highly intelligent wife, who worked in the medical field for 40 years, and a lot of common sense to decide for myself what I believe to be best for me and my family. Yes, I have been fully vaccinated... and I think I made the right decision. But to believe everything that comes out of the "experts" mouths would, in my opinion, be an exercise in futility!

I'm with you arfieboy. I have my two shots also. This covid thing is still new and they don't have all the answers, and perhaps none of the answers. I still wear my mask, do not touch store doors or gas pump handles, and avoid people a much as possible. This disease is still a killer.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So so true ...Don’t let your guard down now

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I don't trust the government doctors one bit. My personal physicians all are advising people get the vaccines. I will still wear a mask inside someone else's building, no where else. (I don't do big sports stadiums, they are in CITIES where the crazies are.)

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“They have shown themselves to be prone to flip on a dime and contradict themselves in the past [such as with masks, early on they said not necessary, waste of time and even counterproductive, then over night they demanded that everyone wear one]”

How many times can someone/government agency be completely wrong about something and still be considered the “professionals”

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40+ years ago while in the washroom I saw a fellow wash his hands before going to the urinal.
I was still washing my hands, and I kind of chuckled that I had never seen a prewash done before.

"Well I don't know what my hands have touched"-That comment has stuck with me ever since......

Hey !

I wash before i piss AND after.

The reason i wash before is...IF MY HANDS ARE DIRTY !

Wow go figure right.

Besides i wash better now before i go now... FOR...

I dont want IT to get Covid either... :P

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99 vials of shots on the wall...

take 1 down and give us a round...

98 vials of shots on the wall.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair point

I am a trucker and was hot seating trucks and a lot of the other drivers looked at me like I was crazy because before I drove a truck I would sanitize the truck wiping down all surfaces I had to touch. One driver asked me why I did that in front of the other drivers and I said how often did they pull over to the side of the road to take a leak and not have anything to wash their hands with and what were the things they touched getting back in and driving, door handle steering wheel, gear shifter,radio, c.b. and then if they touched their face they were putting someone else's Johnson against their face. Needless to say everyone washes/sanitizes the trucks down now. It became company policy after I said that. I am lucky now, I have an assigned truck now. Only because I took a run no one wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions