Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Status of TreasureNet.com

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Re: Status of TreasureNet.com

Are the Mod's still all the same :P
    Before Christmas I spoke to Gary Brun, webmaster for The UK Finds Data Base, he said he was willing to clone his site for Treasure Net, so that you could have your own data base of finds, for the US.

SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

us
    Feb 2012
    Austin, TX
    109 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Chug And Red
    Hi Red here, welcome to THE best site online about treasure! Thank you for taking care of our issue with our problem, it's good to know that it will go quickly through now, as we like to surprise random people with memberships, just because. We have lost count of how many we have done, and want to keep doing it!
    I have a small request, please bring back spell check, there are alot of people here who need it for one reason or another!
    I just got my first machine yesterday, so now Chug isn't the only one to find stuff and dig, I get to now!!!!! Our first hunt will be at the beach, so I can learn how to dig holes properly, and how to swing my machine while using my cane for balance, wish me luck! Oh, and I think Chug likes mine better than his, mine tells me how deep the target is, and he can hear 2 different tones!!! Oh, did I forget to mention he is hearing impaired, and is also tone deaf!
    Anyway, again, welcome, we hope to see frequent posts on what you find!!!!! Red

Ps, thanks for letting us know about the sale, it's nice to know now what was rumored before, and explains the problems going on!
    We haven't removed spell check so can you let me know how it worked before? May be something that broke during the move that we are unaware of.

Sounds like you are going to have a blast finding stuff with Chug and it's nice to see a couple work so closely together in a great hobby!

Treasure Hunting Forum & Metal Detecting Forum - Register for free today!.
    Thread Subscriptions, My Replies, Keeping track of signatures - Explained here!
    Charter Member Forum Chat is live! - Click Here!
    Want to ignore a forum or thread? You can! To learn how click here!
    The Help! Section contains a ton of tutorials on how to use the new system. Click here to visit the Help forum! (Thanks Wicked!)
    Having trouble staying logged in? Check out the instructions for help in this thread!
    How to change the subscription notification type for your threads. Click Here!

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    40 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dave44

Are we going to get to keep our Mods? We are kinda used to their idiosyncrasies by now!
    Too hard to get rid of us Dave. Besides, for me, I never log out.

Actually, I wanted to chime in and add that the same old names are here if y'all run into any problems.

us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1457 times

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid
    Welcome to the site John and Doug!! Look around Cedar Park while you are looking. I heard there was a town under Travis? And some huge catfish.

By the way, go to the new member intros and say hi!
    Are we going to get to keep our Mods? We are kinda used to their idiosyncrasies by now!
    I will work on a new member post here in a bit, still working on some back end stuff here for the site

Definitely some big Catfish in Travis and a great local fishing community that's 99% catch and release which keeps it fun for everyone.

We hope that every mod will stick around... anyone who wants to stay we'll have em!
    I just had a thought,,, bet there are some finds around Hippy Hollow! No pockets you know. But I went there once and found out it is a lot scarier place in person! Not my cup of tea. loloololol
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

us
    Feb 2012
    Austin, TX
    109 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher

Before Christmas I spoke to Gary Brun, webmaster for The UK Finds Data Base, he said he was willing to clone his site for Treasure Net, so that you could have your own data base of finds, for the US.

SS
    All still the same Though we have added a couple of people here from the shop.

That would be awesome. If you could PM me his contact information I'd be happy to contact him and see if we can work something out.

The Help! Section contains a ton of tutorials on how to use the new system. Click here to visit the Help forum! (Thanks Wicked!)
    Having trouble staying logged in? Check out the instructions for help in this thread!

us
    Feb 2012
    Austin, TX
    109 times

Welcome to the site John and Doug!! Look around Cedar Park while you are looking. I heard there was a town under Travis? And some huge catfish.

I will work on a new member post here in a bit, still working on some back end stuff here for the site

Definitely some big Catfish in Travis and a great local fishing community that's 99% catch and release which keeps it fun for everyone.

We hope that every mod will stick around... anyone who wants to stay we'll have em!
    I just had a thought,,, bet there are some finds around Hippy Hollow! No pockets you know. But I went there once and found out it is a lot scarier place in person! Not my cup of tea. loloololol
    Ahah you know about hippy hollow huh. Yah I cringe when driving my boat past that place I'll look elsewhere... where there are... ahem, less "distractions"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher

SS
    All still the same Though we have added a couple of people here from the shop.

That would be awesome. If you could PM me his contact information I'd be happy to contact him and see if we can work something out.
    Yes I will get you his contact details, I'm using a new computer and don't have all my contacts from my old one yet, so might take a couple of days

SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1457 times

Ahah you know about hippy hollow huh. Yah I cringe when driving my boat past that place I'll look elsewhere... where there are... ahem, less "distractions"
    Yep, I had not lived there very long and the rumors were exaggerated, to say the least. Heck I think somebody must have lied to me even! It must have changed ownership in the 70s!
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    1221 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Chug And Red
    Hi Red here, welcome to THE best site online about treasure! Thank you for taking care of our issue with our problem, it's good to know that it will go quickly through now, as we like to surprise random people with memberships, just because. We have lost count of how many we have done, and want to keep doing it!
    I have a small request, please bring back spell check, there are alot of people here who need it for one reason or another!
    I just got my first machine yesterday, so now Chug isn't the only one to find stuff and dig, I get to now!!!!! Our first hunt will be at the beach, so I can learn how to dig holes properly, and how to swing my machine while using my cane for balance, wish me luck! Oh, and I think Chug likes mine better than his, mine tells me how deep the target is, and he can hear 2 different tones!!! Oh, did I forget to mention he is hearing impaired, and is also tone deaf!
    Anyway, again, welcome, we hope to see frequent posts on what you find!!!!! Red

Ps, thanks for letting us know about the sale, it's nice to know now what was rumored before, and explains the problems going on!
    We haven't removed spell check so can you let me know how it worked before? May be something that broke during the move that we are unaware of.

Sounds like you are going to have a blast finding stuff with Chug and it's nice to see a couple work so closely together in a great hobby!

At the bottom where you press to send, there was another you that said spellcheck. I've been going out with Chug on my good days, he would detect and I used the pinpointer, and did some digging, once he had the plug dug. I always wanted my own machine, and yesterday I got mine, on our anniversary too!!!! We have been married for 17 years, and have never had a fight, cross my heart! There is no need for it if you take a breath, walk away, cool down and then talk, works everytime! Red
    We live to detect, we detect to live!

"It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1960 times

Welcome as new owners. I don't post any pictures because I don't give up my copyrights to them as they could be used in my manuscript for my books and any articles I write. The rules state you own all published posts, etc. which we could use in other publications.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Mar 2006
    Upper Bucks County,PA
    Tesoro UMax Silver

Congratulations, John and Doug! I wish you the best. TreasureNet is a great site, and the people are nice, and also very helpful. I dropped by to get info on some marbles that I have. You can find out just about anything in "topics". Once again, congratulations, and welcome!
    Dig  For Fun....Dig For Profit
    Metal Detecting Is The Greatest Hobby In The World!!!    Can You Dig It!

us
    Dec 2008
    Berks Co. PA
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
    4 times

Hi John and Doug,

I'm really sorry Marc had to sell. He did an incredible job with Treasure Net.

Sounds like you guy's understand that and plan to maintain the integrity of the site. I'm really happy to hear that.

Best of luck,
    Paul

P.S. Best of luck for Marc also, this site was a godsend when I started out and continues to teach and inspire me to this day...Thanks Marc.
    "If your not living on the edge your taking up too much room."

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2672 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Can already tell the new servers are in play, much faster uploading and more consistent browsing speeds.
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    1221 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    Can already tell the new servers are in play, much faster uploading and more consistent browsing speeds.
    Now that you mention it, I thought it was me! Yahoo!!!!!! Thanks guys!!!!! Red Ps, yes there really are 2 of us, my better half is still at work!
    We live to detect, we detect to live!

"It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

us
    Oct 2009
    1908 times

Welcome to the new overlords!!! LOL.

I can't wait for the change to VB software. This site has been in need of a serious upgrade for a long time.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors