Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44 said:
JohnDroid said:
Dave44 said:
Welcome to the site John and Doug!! Look around Cedar Park while you are looking. I heard there was a town under Travis? And some huge catfish.

By the way, go to the new member intros and say hi!
Are we going to get to keep our Mods? We are kinda used to their idiosyncrasies by now! :tongue3:

I will work on a new member post here in a bit, still working on some back end stuff here for the site :)

Definitely some big Catfish in Travis and a great local fishing community that's 99% catch and release which keeps it fun for everyone.

We hope that every mod will stick around... anyone who wants to stay we'll have em!

I just had a thought,,, bet there are some finds around Hippy Hollow! No pockets you know. But I went there once and found out it is a lot scarier place in person! Not my cup of tea. loloololol :tard:

Ahah you know about hippy hollow huh. Yah I cringe when driving my boat past that place ;) I'll look elsewhere... where there are... ahem, less "distractions" :)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JohnDroid said:
Silver Searcher said:
:icon_scratch:

Are the Mod's still all the same :P
Before Christmas I spoke to Gary Brun, webmaster for The UK Finds Data Base, he said he was willing to clone his site for Treasure Net, so that you could have your own data base of finds, for the US.

SS

All still the same :) Though we have added a couple of people here from the shop.

That would be awesome. If you could PM me his contact information I'd be happy to contact him and see if we can work something out.
Yes I will get you his contact details, I'm using a new computer and don't have all my contacts from my old one yet, so might take a couple of days :icon_thumleft:

SS

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JohnDroid said:
Dave44 said:
JohnDroid said:
Dave44 said:
Welcome to the site John and Doug!! Look around Cedar Park while you are looking. I heard there was a town under Travis? And some huge catfish.

By the way, go to the new member intros and say hi!
Are we going to get to keep our Mods? We are kinda used to their idiosyncrasies by now! :tongue3:

I will work on a new member post here in a bit, still working on some back end stuff here for the site :)

Definitely some big Catfish in Travis and a great local fishing community that's 99% catch and release which keeps it fun for everyone.

We hope that every mod will stick around... anyone who wants to stay we'll have em!

I just had a thought,,, bet there are some finds around Hippy Hollow! No pockets you know. But I went there once and found out it is a lot scarier place in person! Not my cup of tea. loloololol :tard:

Ahah you know about hippy hollow huh. Yah I cringe when driving my boat past that place ;) I'll look elsewhere... where there are... ahem, less "distractions" :)

Yep, I had not lived there very long and the rumors were exaggerated, to say the least. Heck I think somebody must have lied to me even! It must have changed ownership in the 70s! :laughing9:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JohnDroid said:
Chug And Red said:
Hi Red here, welcome to THE best site online about treasure! Thank you for taking care of our issue with our problem, it's good to know that it will go quickly through now, as we like to surprise random people with memberships, just because. We have lost count of how many we have done, and want to keep doing it! ;D
I have a small request, please bring back spell check, there are alot of people here who need it for one reason or another! :wink:
I just got my first machine yesterday, so now Chug isn't the only one to find stuff and dig, I get to now!!!!! Our first hunt will be at the beach, so I can learn how to dig holes properly, and how to swing my machine while using my cane for balance, wish me luck! :laughing7: Oh, and I think Chug likes mine better than his, mine tells me how deep the target is, and he can hear 2 different tones!!! Oh, did I forget to mention he is hearing impaired, and is also tone deaf!
Anyway, again, welcome, we hope to see frequent posts on what you find!!!!! Red

Ps, thanks for letting us know about the sale, it's nice to know now what was rumored before, and explains the problems going on! :wink:

We haven't removed spell check so can you let me know how it worked before? May be something that broke during the move that we are unaware of.

Sounds like you are going to have a blast finding stuff with Chug and it's nice to see a couple work so closely together in a great hobby! :hello2:

At the bottom where you press to send, there was another you that said spellcheck. I've been going out with Chug on my good days, he would detect and I used the pinpointer, and did some digging, once he had the plug dug. I always wanted my own machine, and yesterday I got mine, on our anniversary too!!!! We have been married for 17 years, and have never had a fight, cross my heart! There is no need for it if you take a breath, walk away, cool down and then talk, works everytime! :wink: Red

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome as new owners. I don't post any pictures because I don't give up my copyrights to them as they could be used in my manuscript for my books and any articles I write. The rules state you own all published posts, etc. which we could use in other publications.

mosemeister

Mar 10, 2006
Upper Bucks County,PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax Silver
Congratulations, John and Doug! I wish you the best. TreasureNet is a great site, and the people are nice, and also very helpful. I dropped by to get info on some marbles that I have. You can find out just about anything in "topics". Once again, congratulations, and welcome! :icon_thumleft:

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Hi John and Doug,

I'm really sorry Marc had to sell. He did an incredible job with Treasure Net.

Sounds like you guy's understand that and plan to maintain the integrity of the site. I'm really happy to hear that.

Best of luck,
Paul

P.S. Best of luck for Marc also, this site was a godsend when I started out and continues to teach and inspire me to this day...Thanks Marc.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can already tell the new servers are in play, much faster uploading and more consistent browsing speeds. :thumbsup:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bigscoop said:
Can already tell the new servers are in play, much faster uploading and more consistent browsing speeds. :thumbsup:

Now that you mention it, I thought it was me! Yahoo!!!!!! :hello2: Thanks guys!!!!! Red Ps, yes there really are 2 of us, my better half is still at work! :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the new overlords!!! LOL.

I can't wait for the change to VB software. This site has been in need of a serious upgrade for a long time.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello:
Welcome John and Doug. We have enjoyed this site for some time now, and are excited to see your enthusiasm here. It is indeed the BEST forum currently on the net, and we would be lost without it.
Thank You

Mike and Family

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old news about the sale, but every time it was mentioned it was censored or removed until now.

Suppose everything's hunky dory now, eh?

It's somewhere to go and see old friends and finds, don't care whose house it is.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
John & Doug I got to tell you when I came on today, I could not believe the speed. It was like going from my old Renault 4CV to a later XK150 I once had. And it hasn't bogged down yet. Congradulations!!!
Now if you could get that little spellcheck button back beside the preview button, my poor spelling wouldn't show. lol Frank

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would like to welcome you both to t-net this is a great place and im sure you will be glad to be a part of it now!

GoldenEagle

Nov 2, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTAX 550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome, and thanks for the upgrade. I trust that your hard work and commitment will only make the best site even better.
Ben from MN

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You For the Response!!! I Know its Going to Take Awhile To Get Things Going And Upgraded!!! HH Chug and Red Just Be Paitent, Some Of The Older Member's Have Issues ;D ;D ;D And and few Of the Younger Ones ;D ;D ;D, Saying What They Need to To Get A Response!!! I Have Only Had 3 Beers So Far!!! Thanks for the news Can't wait to See What Happens :help: ;D ;D ;D ;D Just Joking Chug

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome John and Doug,

Hope y'all have a great time here, and make some money as well. When you said "Though we have added a couple of people here from the shop." I take it that your business bought the site? You might not know it, but treasure hunters in general are a nosey lot. What type of business is it? In my real life I sell cars, and always like to do business with my customers. If possible, some here may change their allegiances and use whatever your company does over their present choices. Heck, if you're a bail bondsman you may get a lot of business here! HAHAHA Just kidding.

Mike

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
[mod] Rude and totally uncalled for. Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because we are under new management that your rude behavior will now be tolerated, because it wont. [/mod]

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome John and Doug.

This board is like a strange and quirky family.
I can find ANY info I have looked for and/or references to other places.
Treasure is not just what we find in the ground but background whys and who's.

Spell chequer would be nice ;)

Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread