Status of TreasureNet.com

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Welcome guys. Congrats on being the new owners of the finest metal detecting website on the web. Because of this place, I have made some life long friends. Ya know the ones that will help hide, oh never mind. (LOL) I am looking forward to continued success for the site and for you as well.
To Marc, thank you so very much for making this site what it is today. We are all blessed to have a place to come to share our finds, ideas, history, and to even vent. Its one of the very few forums I belong to and you were a part of that. Good luck in your future endeavors.
TMAN...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing the information with us. Looks like spell check is fixed, mispeld words are underlined in red. But I don't see where to click to have the word corrected. But at least I know the word is wrong and I can look for a typo or look the word up until you have the spell check fully up and running.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the warm welcomes and the kind words!

This community has been successful because of the mod staff and its members. We're here to help preserve that and to also keep the site up to date and free of any server/software issues. As always, everything will be discussed as a whole with the mod team and we will always try and do what's right and what's best for the community.

Happy hunting!

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BosnMate said:
Thanks for sharing the information with us. Looks like spell check is fixed, mispeld words are underlined in red. But I don't see where to click to have the word corrected. But at least I know the word is wrong and I can look for a typo or look the word up until you have the spell check fully up and running.

Right click on the red underlined word and it should give you some options to the correct word you're wanting to use :)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and best of luck to the new owners,
I dont post much, but wanted to say congrats to ya..

rae

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!! Thanks for sharing the info with us here on T-Net! I absolutely love this site and its good to know its still in good hands! :blob7:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
W :wav: :wav:elcome John and Doug! Contrary to popular belief my screen name does NOT mean what it implies :laughing7:. Simply put, when I joined this site, my knees were so sore that I could not hunt much, so I chose "Notgittinenny" Coins that is. Others have told that, that was a personal problem :help:. Once again welcome to the best Treasure site around.......NGE

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Welcome aboard to the both of you. As with any relationship its going to take a bit to get use to the changes. Some of us are set in our ways but you'll find very few of us bite! You have a "Good Thing Going Here" glad to hear it will only get better!

Again, Welcome Aboard

Desertfox

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4Nines said:
BosnMate said:

Right click on the red underlined word and it should give you some options to the correct word you're wanting to use :)

Welcome to the forum guys, we've been posting here for years and are glad you aim to keep things running smoothly and definitely appreciate the upgrade as the site IS running more smoothly. As for the spell check problem.......I think what people miss is the "SPELL CHECK" button at bottom next to the "POST" and "PREVIEW" button. If you could add a thumbnail or button back there that would probably make people very happy once more!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard John and Doug....Im glad to be a part of your site. Its running faster than it ever has for me. Thanks. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum said:
Welcome John and Doug,

Hope y'all have a great time here, and make some money as well. When you said "Though we have added a couple of people here from the shop." I take it that your business bought the site? You might not know it, but treasure hunters in general are a nosey lot. What type of business is it? In my real life I sell cars, and always like to do business with my customers. If possible, some here may change their allegiances and use whatever your company does over their present choices. Heck, if you're a bail bondsman you may get a lot of business here! HAHAHA Just kidding.

Mike

It looks like this is the company that bought the site: http://www.forumfoundry.com/

Or they may just be hosting it. I certainly can't confirm anything, though. Just a guess based on a whois search.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
4 nines, are you going to change your handle when you reach 37 ? Or did those 4 nines clean up in a high stake poker game that bought your share of T Net ? Just inquisitive I guess It's part of being a cache hunter. I can see where Droid came from the android forum you have. Frank

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
gollum said:
Welcome John and Doug,

Hope y'all have a great time here, and make some money as well. When you said "Though we have added a couple of people here from the shop." I take it that your business bought the site? You might not know it, but treasure hunters in general are a nosey lot. What type of business is it? In my real life I sell cars, and always like to do business with my customers. If possible, some here may change their allegiances and use whatever your company does over their present choices. Heck, if you're a bail bondsman you may get a lot of business here! HAHAHA Just kidding.

Mike

It looks like this is the company that bought the site: http://www.forumfoundry.com/

Or they may just be hosting it. I certainly can't confirm anything, though. Just a guess based on a whois search.

That is us! The founding members and I met back in the college days through car racing. We also had a passion for technology and we learned to fuse the two together. So fortunately we get to use our computer knowledge to help maintain communities and then our enthusiast side to learn, participate and protect them :)

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
4 nines, are you going to change your handle when you reach 37 ? Or did those 4 nines clean up in a high stake poker game that bought your share of T Net ? Just inquisitive I guess It's part of being a cache hunter. I can see where Droid came from the android forum you have. Frank

Actually it's a gold reference 8) .9999

I've been super interested in collectables and precious metals since I can remember. So, it's just another reason why I like this sight so much :icon_pirat:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
[mod]I've heavily edited your post. Continue talking about the problems you perceive if you wish, but do so without insulting and talking down to others. DigginthePast[/mod]

This site is pretty much the default case-study in subforum overload (which disintegrates the conversation, which impacts flow, which dissuades user participation). Treasurenet had the chance to leverage it's first-mover advantage in this niche and effectively become the ground zero for all things metal detecting, etc, but gave rise to several viable competitors due to the way it was mismanaged over the years- both from a user experience and user-management perspective. This is no secret. Now that there's new ownership, it's probably worth talking about these problems rather than pretending they don't exist. People make mistakes, we all make mistakes.

When I talk about thinks like developing semantic on-page ad schema to monetize the content library, etc, those are things that will certainly be beneficial to the new owners and probably not something you understand. If Marc had understood them, he may have not sold this place.

The new owners have a great opportunity to make a few bucks here, if they play their cards right but they can't move too fast. This user base isn't exactly made up of 'progressive' types who are quick to embrace drastic change.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moving on..... Welcome new owners, from a long time t-netter and fellow central Texan (Williamson County)! Long live TNET! :thumbsup:

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I'm a looooong time charter member and former moderator here. I just wanted to pop in and wish much success with TNet.

Tommy

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
LSMorgan said:
I've heavily edited your post. Continue talking about the problems you perceive if you wish, but do so without insulting and talking down to others. DigginthePast

This site is pretty much the default case-study in subforum overload (which disintegrates the conversation, which impacts flow, which dissuades user participation). Treasurenet had the chance to leverage it's first-mover advantage in this niche and effectively become the ground zero for all things metal detecting, etc, but gave rise to several viable competitors due to the way it was mismanaged over the years- both from a user experience and user-management perspective. This is no secret. Now that there's new ownership, it's probably worth talking about these problems rather than pretending they don't exist. People make mistakes, we all make mistakes.

When I talk about thinks like developing semantic on-page ad schema to monetize the content library, etc, those are things that will certainly be beneficial to the new owners and probably not something you understand. If Marc had understood them, he may have not sold this place.

The new owners have a great opportunity to make a few bucks here, if they play their cards right but they can't move too fast. This user base isn't exactly made up of 'progressive' types who are quick to embrace drastic change.

Who are you talking to, and what is it you are saying? I took a class on creative writing and the Prof said that the students should use simple English words. If you'd try that perhaps folks would know what you are talking about. I mean we, the folks on this site, tend to be a simple bunch of commoners, if you are going to use that kind of language perhaps you should hang out with your Mensa buddies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions