Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Status of TreasureNet.com

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
    313 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Status of TreasureNet.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty
    Spell check is gone? Oh Lordy, all is lost! Heck, I can go back and check my own spelling, but it never fails that I go back a few days later and find an error I missed. Not being perfect really sucks don't it? M nty
    That is because your Brain has it's own Spell Correction Feature.

I'm sure you saw the threads where complete pargraphs are
    misplled yet you can read 7hem anyway

Unless you just woke up & havn't Lubed your brain yet.
    then the wheels jam on the misspelling.

In other words, if you can speed read, spelling isn't important.
    If your Slow, Drunk, sleepy or learning english
    spelling is very important.
    No, spelling is important always. We all make mistakes, all, but it does get a little sad when you see the title posting misspelled.
    This is from someone who barely scrapped by in English all through my Public School "teachings?"
    How much more time does it take to double check your posts?
    Thank God for spell-check!
    Carl

Yeah, I know I'm setting myself up for future mishaps.

us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    89 times

I guess the "old school" I went to emphasized correct spelling - but, I admit, that, while many of my mistakes are typing errors, I hate to see it.

I guess its a personal crusade that started when I was the spell-checker for the college newspaper - and it continued when I starting seeing terrible spelling mistakes running by on the television news stations - the "professionals", that, I assume HAVE a spell check program.

Beth
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    Feb 2012
    Rhode Island
    Fisher CZ-21 - W/Stealth 8 - Pro Pointer
    3 times
    Shallow water and Coinshooting

Welcome John and Doug. I belong to at least 5 other forums and have to say that TreasureNet is by far #1 without question. Also a special thanks to Mark for all his time and had work, and may he have a wonderful future.
    HH all.

NGE
    us
    May 2008
    S.E. Michigan
    Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
    78 times
    metal detecting, fishing, photography

Quote Originally Posted by CurbdiggerCarl57
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty
    Spell check is gone? Oh Lordy, all is lost! Heck, I can go back and check my own spelling, but it never fails that I go back a few days later and find an error I missed. Not being perfect really sucks don't it? M nty
    That is because your Brain has it's own Spell Correction Feature.

I'm sure you saw the threads where complete pargraphs are
    misplled yet you can read 7hem anyway

Unless you just woke up & havn't Lubed your brain yet.
    then the wheels jam on the misspelling.

In other words, if you can speed read, spelling isn't important.
    If your Slow, Drunk, sleepy or learning english
    spelling is very important.
    No, spelling is important always. We all make mistakes, all, but it does get a little sad when you see the title posting misspelled.
    This is from someone who barely scrapped by in English all through my Public School "teachings?"
    How much more time does it take to double check your posts?
    Thank God for spell-check!
    Carl

Yeah, I know I'm setting myself up for future mishaps.
    Who barely "Scraped" by
    Exposure to the Son prevents burning

mikusek

Members can always watermark their photos before posting. That discourages photo hi-jackers who might otherwise use the photos for their own publications, etc.

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    326 times

wow, somehow I missed this and all I can say is, "Welcome and Thanks"
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2011
    Southwest Florida
    Garrett & Fisher Minelab Excaliber II Garrett Pro Pointer
    325 times

Wow I go away for a few days and all heck brakes out I finley get a new p.c. so I can finley watch all the grate vid's on here and there is a new regeim . But it sounds like it was a peaceful coupe I don't know what I would do with out T.Net

Jonnie

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    857 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

I hate to complain because Im apparently no longer a Charter Member but my PMs are slow as molassas. (spel chck) I donated my time to help members on the WII forum for over 6 years and 20,000 posts but it seems many old members are no longer posting or are no longer here.

Im sure there will be a little transitional period and some of us need to get over the shock, even though we knew it was coming some day.. I already noticed some improvements. I wish you the best and I hope you can keep TN on top. Its the members that are most important IMO esp the old regulars. Of course attracting new members are the future... I can only speak for the WII forum I frequent but boy we had a great team because we attracted the best..

us
    Dec 2011
    Barnegat, NJ
    Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
    19 times
    Relic Hunting

Welcome John and Scott,
    Glad to hear that things are only going to get better. This is a great site, specially for new people or people learning new detectors. People here are very helpful, with some being very talented in specific detectors. Its a great place to come to.
    Marty

us
    Mar 2010
    34 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by bigcypresshunter
    I hate to complain because Im apparently no longer a Charter Member but my PMs are slow as molassas. (spel chck) I donated my time to help members on the WII forum for over 6 years and 20,000 posts but it seems many old members are no longer posting or are no longer here.

Im sure there will be a little transitional period and some of us need to get over the shock, even though we knew it was coming some day.. I already noticed some improvements. I wish you the best and I hope you can keep TN on top. Its the members that are most important IMO esp the old regulars. Of course attracting new members are the future... I can only speak for the WII forum I frequent but boy we had a great team because we attracted the best..
    Do you know if your membership has expired? It system is automated and should updated accordingly.

The site overall loads really fast for me and is on a new and very beefy server. I would be strange for just PM's themselves to be slow.

We're working hard on making sure this remains the best forum on the web and we will continue to roll out new updates, features and keep up with the times

Treasure Hunting Forum & Metal Detecting Forum - Register for free today!.
    Thread Subscriptions, My Replies, Keeping track of signatures - Explained here!
    Charter Member Forum Chat is live! - Click Here!
    Want to ignore a forum or thread? You can! To learn how click here!

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    75 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Dang, I am a WWII buff and I can't remember posting in the WWII forum for some reason. I watch everything about WWII on The History Channel and my wife gets mad at me. She says ,"You already know who won, so why do you like watching it so much? I have tried to explain but she just don't get it.The truth of the matter is, my Dad was there and I keep hoping I will see him on one of the old films, but so far I haven't. He was with the field artillery and went into Normandy two days after the beach head was established. He was part of a crew on a motorized self propelled 155mm howitzer cannon. There weren't that many of them around in that caliber. Most of them were 105mm and the 155 was more of a test and evaluation group. It was essentially a tank chasis with the gun mounted to one side. It pulled a trailer with ammo, spare parts and the men's personal equipment. Most of the crew members were assigned an M1 carbine and the officers had Colt .45 automatic pistols. Dad said one crewman had an M1 Garand sniper rifle that was used for counter sniper use. He said the guy with the sniper rifle got killed by a sniper just days before they shipped back to England. Oh, I forgot, they also had a .50 cal machine gun mounted in the turret with the cannon. He said the machine gun guy shot down two Messerschimdts with the 50 cal. They went in at Normandy, was in the Battle of the Ardane and the Battle of the Bulge before going on into Germany. Many nights I stayed up late and heard my Dad and his old Army pal talk about the war. That's the only time he would ever talk about it. Most of the time he said it was too upsetting to talk about. Mom said he would pace the floor on nights a thunder storm was building because it reminded him of the guns booming and the explosions of the war. Mainly he said he was just cold, wet and hungry all the time and there was nothing glorious about war. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    857 times

Quote Originally Posted by 4Nines

Do you know if your membership has expired? It system is automated and should updated accordingly.

The site overall loads really fast for me and is on a new and very beefy server. I would be strange for just PM's themselves to be slow.

We're working hard on making sure this remains the best forum on the web and we will continue to roll out new updates, features and keep up with the times
    I dont remember when it was last updated, or how, but obviously it has expired. I think TN is way above every other forum and Im sure you will keep it there.

It seems that some members are gone but it may be coincidence or my imagination.

I dont know why PMs are slow. Im assuming its because Im a non charter member and this I can understand. Or maybe its my computer.

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    40 times

Quote Originally Posted by 4Nines

BCH - In your Profile it says it expired on Feb 03, 2012, 08:55:00 pm. As far as I know there isn't a reminder sent out or anything, it just expires, at least speaking historically.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    857 times

Quote Originally Posted by DigginThePast
    BCH - In your Profile it says it expired on Feb 03, 2012, 08:55:00 pm. As far as I know there isn't a reminder sent out or anything, it just expires, at least speaking historically.
    OK thanks. It just coincidence that it came at a time of new ownership.

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    40 times

Quote Originally Posted by DigginThePast
    OK thanks. It just coincidence that it came at a time of new ownership.
    Probably the case. Have to figure there would be some expiring around that time, and yours is the only post that I've seen with that potential issue.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors