jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard if you delete all your Cookies (Including keeblers) then log back in,
Problem should be solved.
It worked for Me.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard if you delete all your Cookies (Including keeblers) then log back in,
It worked for Me.

I had the same problem. Fed all my cookies to the cookie monster, no more problems. :hello2:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This page has instructions for deleting cookies on all the different browser types: How to delete cookies

If you are having trouble staying logged in, the first thing you must do is close all tabs except one, the main window.

Make sure that window isn't open to TreasureNet.com

Delete all cookies.

Visit TreasureNet.com

When you log in, make sure you click the 'save' or 'remember me' box when logging in.

That should fix the problem.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! It worked like a charm :icon_thumright:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! It worked like a charm :icon_thumright:

Awesome, glad to hear it. This is also something you should only have to do ONCE to cure the problem and it should NOT happen again. Ie, don't do it regularly :)

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a few people mention it didn't work but it was because they were either open to the treasurenet.com site in a window or tab. So make sure your at a blank browser window with no extra tabs/windows open to the site and the cookie clear should work! Thanks!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It worked for Me.

After I had upgraded yesterday evening, , I deleted cookies;that's when the problem began, I believe.

I'll keep trying....

Thanks

Lorraine

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to the Safari site for Macs...warned me that If I deleted or blocked...it may alter my access to the website.....so I backed out.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still computer Stupid & type Slow.

For instance ...Ill be typing a PM or Reply & Ill be est 20-30 min in & the Site will log me off.
Then ill sign back in & have to retype 5-30 + min of info ,most times I don't.
Will the Cookie thing fix this?
Or
Can I get some kind of 'Alert' that i'm about to be logged out?
thx
Davers

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still computer Stupid & type Slow.

For instance ...Ill be typing a PM or Reply & Ill be est 20-30 min in & the Site will log me off.
Then ill sign back in & have to retype 5-30 + min of info ,most times I don't.
Will the Cookie thing fix this?
Or
Can I get some kind of 'Alert' that i'm about to be logged out?
thx
Davers

:laughing7: I feel your pain!! It happens to me all the time!With the slow typing on PM's or posts. Mine is done purposely on my end though. When I walk away, I don't want to stay signed into anything, Email,ebay,tnet, etc... I like it, I know everything will just sign me out after a few min. I'm using firefox, It's in the settings for "privacy" type stuff. Mine does not save history or Cookies. So, this is what causes my problem. Yours may be the same type of thing. And yes, history or cookies(can't remember which one) will probably fix this for you. I'm a hack when it comes to computers so I can't give directions, I just play around until I fix the problem.:laughing7: If I go and change settings in my computer I wouldn't have to sign in every couple of min. when Idle.

Oh!! And you don't have to retype your post!!!! Back page until it shows up. Right click (on where you typed),Select all,right click again, copy, then after you sign back in just put it all back, right click(where you want your typed stuff replaced), paste..Sounds confusing, but after you do it a couple of times its pretty quick and easy!! Then you don't have to retype everything.

So when you know you have taken a long time, select all, copy, before you do anything else. hit refresh, sign in, then paste.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Type the reply or post in a word doc then cut and paste it into the reply and hit enter...........

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: I feel your pain!! It happens to me all the time!With the slow typing on PM's or posts. Mine is done purposely on my end though. When I walk away, I don't want to stay signed into anything, Email,ebay,tnet, etc... I like it, I know everything will just sign me out after a few min. I'm using firefox, It's in the settings for "privacy" type stuff. Mine does not save history or Cookies. So, this is what causes my problem. Yours may be the same type of thing. And yes, history or cookies(can't remember which one) will probably fix this for you. I'm a hack when it comes to computers so I can't give directions, I just play around until I fix the problem.:laughing7: If I go and change settings in my computer I wouldn't have to sign in every couple of min. when Idle.

Oh!! And you don't have to retype your post!!!! Back page until it shows up. Right click (on where you typed),Select all,right click again, copy, then after you sign back in just put it all back, right click(where you want your typed stuff replaced), paste..Sounds confusing, but after you do it a couple of times its pretty quick and easy!! Then you don't have to retype everything.

So when you know you have taken a long time, select all, copy, before you do anything else. hit refresh, sign in, then paste.

Thanks Guys , I am very computer Dumb, Lazy,& Impatient.
I do have firefox on my laptop.
It did it again When I first logged on , but when I logged back in I hit reply to PM but forgot I had started a new message (So the first did not get to long) Wondered why I did not have a 'Saved Info' box at the bottom ? again' I forgot I started a new post. So it only saved what I typed the 2 ed time. My Bad.

Thanks for the info , I think I can Save & Paste "Save" before I hit "Post''

Type the reply or post in a word doc then cut and paste it into the reply and hit enter...........[/QUOTE
Thanks I not sure what a word doc even is , Ill work on my issues. Thanks
Davers

Oct 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do i view the replies when i am on the app that people have sent me. It says i have a few replies but i cant view what others have said all i see is the post that i wrote?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions