Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Banner requirements??

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2008
    Under the Trees
    11 times

Banner requirements??

Have the banner requirements been lowered? Common finds are getting up there now. It's made the banner useless.
    Silver Searcher and tokens70 like this.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Seems like it somewhat.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Jan 2011
    Huntingdon County Pa.
    Whites Spectrum XLT
    99 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinstriking Michigan View Post
    Seems like it somewhat.
    I was thinking the same thing. The banner used to have once in a lifetime finds. It's not like that anymore and it's disappoining. The good stuff will still make it but so will the common stuff. I guess it's who you know. Keep your fingers crossed it gets better. DK
    Silver Searcher likes this.

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    39 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Requirements have not changed. The only change is that it used to be that only Jeff put the banner nominated items up there. Now there are a couple new folks doing it also. So you have seen things going up more often.

Looking at the Banner right now I'm not sure what I'd view as common. If those items are common to you then I'd offer a hearty Congrats on your doing so well.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8393 times
    Sorry, Im not seeing any "common" finds there.......... Every one I see there is worthy of being on the banner.....

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    1330 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezie View Post
    I have a suggestion for BANNER finds: Other than being approved/suggested by whomever was elected to do the job, the item must receive X number of Banner votes from TNet members.

Meaning no disrespect to the most recent BANNER finds, but some are not as rare as those in the past. A BANNER find was a 'once in a lifetime' find; it was based on rariety. Thanks, Breezie
    While we don't have any firm criteria, we follow these general guidelines...

• Finds must be significant, and plausible.
    • Finds / posts must be RECENT.
    • Images must be hosted on the TreasureNet server.
    • Posts with great stories are more likely to be selected.
    • If the post is one of the members first posts, it is less likely to be selected.
    • It helps if 20 members don't have you on ignore!
    • Finds must look good in the banner.

Everything you see on the banner was nominated for banner. New Adm had added a few up there, but they were based on the amount of nominated reports we received. This is nominated reports, not typing in a reply stating "banner". There can be 15 replies stating "banner find", but if we receive no report, well it won't make it. Also, it don't help one bit if an individual nominates his own find, then gripes in their posts why their find is not banner worthy. The find has to be found by YOU the TNet member, not the spouse/child/neighbor/best friend.

us
    Mar 2012
    Water Wonderland
    Fisher F2, Garrett Pinpointer pro
    19 times
    Metal Detecting
    I haven't seen anything "Common" on the Banner in like....never. Where they all would be finds of the year or even a lifetime!

Quote Originally Posted by DigginThePast View Post
    Requirements have not changed. The only change is that it used to be that only Jeff put the banner nominated items up there. Now there are a couple new folks doing it also. So you have seen things going up more often.

Looking at the Banner right now I'm not sure what I'd view as common. If those items are common to you then I'd offer a hearty Congrats on your doing so well.
    Actually I don't think that's quite right, the banner was determined by voting, or at least that's what Jeff had always advocated.

SS

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Yeah I guess after looking at each banner find individually they deserve to be there, the rate of them going up just seems a bit faster. Folks have been getting some great finds.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    While we don't have any firm criteria, we follow these general guidelines...

• Finds must be significant, and plausible.
    • Finds / posts must be RECENT.
    • Images must be hosted on the TreasureNet server.
    • Posts with great stories are more likely to be selected.
    • If the post is one of the members first posts, it is less likely to be selected.
    • It helps if 20 members don't have you on ignore!
    • Finds must look good in the banner.

Everything you see on the banner was nominated for banner. New Adm had added a few up there, but they were based on the amount of nominated reports we received. This is nominated reports, not typing in a reply stating "banner". There can be 15 replies stating "banner find", but if we receive no report, well it won't make it. Also, it don't help one bit if an individual nominates his own find, then gripes in their posts why their find is not banner worthy. The find has to be found by YOU the TNet member, not the spouse/child/neighbor/best friend.
    This is also not correct, some banners were almost instant, and could not have got many votes, before it made the banner. How many banner finds has there been since the take over...a lot, it never used to go anywere near as fast as it does now. No disrespect but I can see a common find now on the banner, and not rare.

SS
    kieser sousa/rip and tokens70 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5155 times
    As far as me doing the Banner,
    I wait on items earning it by large numbers of reports,
    rarity both book wise & to the banner.
    and quality of photos, and story added.

FYI as RR said if you nominate your own,
    I disqualify it.

"I want the Banner" Dosn't work

Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post

I disqualify it.

So what about the finds on the banner now that are not rare, or are you saying, they have to have one of the critia, or more

SS

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5155 times
    ?

I'm saying

I disqualify it.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    1330 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    ?

I'm saying
    Well out of those three, the Trajan Denarius doesn't have two of them...not Rare(to Treasure Net or Book Value) and there was no story in the post. I don't meen this to be disrespectfull to the poster, but The banner has to be there for a purpose, there are a couple of my banner finds that would not be classed as rare either, but I always try and do a story behind the find. I think the determination for making the banner needs a little bit of adjusting.

SS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors