Survey WINNER !!!

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK don't know about others but I keep winning the Treasurenet daily survey for a "special prize". So please someone else sign up for this thing so maybe they stop picking me....LOL. Mr. Mods I don't have one problem with the new site and do enjoy it. I was new right before the change so I'm guessing I was in the middle of the learning curve when it happend. I guess it's human nature to resist change. Personaly I like the new site but is there anyway to get my name off the "Special Survey List" or is this something that just comes with the new site provider? Thanks Craig

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: :dontknow: Can you do a print screen of it? Will report this to ADM.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time I win which is about once a day..LOL I will try to.....but not gonna guarantee anything....told you I was no puter geek.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dito.

? "Survey" ?

Is your name "special prize" ? or do you want to send it to Me ? :tongue3::occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Dawned on me.

Special Prize ? Is it a spam popup saying you logged
on at the right time or Something ?

sounds like a Spam Scam.
asking you to take a survey for a toaster images.jpeg

or something ?
they make you buy things & Spam your Friends,
to qualify for the Prize

I Hope that if it is, It isn't coming from Here.

I'm sure admin will let you & Us know, when they see this.

My guess You need to have your Computer cleaned of adware

Last edited:
OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what it is, they want your info to sell to someone else for a pyramid listing I'm sure. I will try to clean things out and maybe it will stop. By the way I like your signature about Spike and American Diggers. As a noob here one thing I can say about watching the programs "I'm learning what not to do" and how "not to act". This site and it's members need to take advantage of the BS on this so called reality program and continue to tell it like it is for real. Lots of good info and people here. In the long run "We will prevail" the wanna be's will "not get rich" and hopefully we will not let them destroy the things that bind the best of us together. The whole divide and conquer thing. This membership has to stop grippin about the new format and worry about whats really at risk to this group and hobby.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what it is, they want your info to sell to someone else for a pyramid listing I'm sure. I will try to clean things out and maybe it will stop. By the way I like your signature about Spike and American Diggers. As a noob here one thing I can say about watching the programs "I'm learning what not to do" and how "not to act". This site and it's members need to take advantage of the BS on this so called reality program and continue to tell it like it is for real. Lots of good info and people here. In the long run "We will prevail" the wanna be's will "not get rich" and hopefully we will not let them destroy the things that bind the best of us together. The whole divide and conquer thing. This membership has to stop grippin about the new format and worry about whats really at risk to this group and hobby.

Thanks , One other thing you can try, after you clean out & delete cookies etc.

Bottom right of the Google adds above
see the words AdChoices click it.

choose Ads Preferences Manager. or follow the Directions to disable Google & others
from following you online.

They may think you like Contests & winning Prizes,
so they wanna scam ya.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should be absolutely NO POPUPS on the site. SO if your getting one, it's something else... or something isn't right. Either way, we need a screenshot or more information.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the only time I get those flashing Your a Winner Popups,
is when I'm doing google searches

cereal killer

Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the only time I get those flashing Your a Winner Popups,
is when I'm doing google searches
or visting other sites and not noticing it popped up in the background. I have NEVER had one pop-up in all my years on vBulletin/ForumFoundry sites. Zero, nada , zilch....

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it also sounds like you need to run a malware, spyware and/or adware program through your computer. there are plenty of free downloads on the web. make sure it's from a trusted site. i've never had a problem with spam pop- ups from this site so more than likely it came from some other site you may have looked at. and as jeff said clearing cache and cookies will help too.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure it's not T-net. I have two security software programs that should eliminate viruses but i may need to to some more looking. It's is happening on this computer when I'm on other sites as well so that tells me it's not the T-net Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread