Formal Announcement of the "Optional" skin at TreasureNet.com

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As many of you know the upgrade to the new software was quite a big change for the members and the administration team. We knew going into this it would be a tough upgrade and that's why we've spent hundreds of man hours tweaking the new site, adding tons of user choices and making sure that we did as good as we could do to address all of the users concerns.

We are not done, but we feel we've made a good amount of progress and we've now devoted a good amount of time towards a "new" skin. We call it: TreasureNet - Option.

What's different in this skin? Well for one, it's much more space conservative. The normal skin is designed with 1024x768 as the minimum resolution. It of course scales up gracefully to those of us who have higher resolutions and monitors and uses the full real estate even if you go well beyond 1024x768. However, there are a number of members out there with lower resolutions. We knew we had to address this issue for those members.

In addition, we wanted a skin that utilized the older system for marking threads read/unread. So on the old site if a thread had no new posts the thread title was a non-bolded grey font. If it had unread posts it was purple and bold. We've implemented that into the new "Optional" skin here as well.

If you would like to try out the new skin, you can scroll to the bottom of any page and look for the "Skin Selector" and choose it there. However, this will revert back to your "Default" skin when you log off. If you want the change permanent please follow these steps. Using these same steps you can switch back and forth between the skins anytime you wish.

temp-select-skin.jpg

1. Click Settings at the top.
  2. In the left hand column, click "General Settings" -- (Here's a direct link to General Settings)
  3. On the General Settings page, scroll down until you see: Miscellaneous Options
  4. Under Miscellaneous Options look for Forum Skin and change it to: TreasureNet - Option.
select-forum-skin.jpg

Like I mentioned above. We aren't done, we are still fixing and improving. If you have anything not working, please feel free to create a thread in the HELP! Forum.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well once again I edited my post and a duplicate reply showed up beneath my original with the added edited text. Once again I deleted my original reply and the photo attachment does not show and when you click it, it shows up as an "invalid attachment specified". This has happened twice in the past 24 hours and i've noticed a couple other replies on different threads that were also duplicated (with the added edit text in the duplicate reply) after an edit.
Here is the photo that goes with the above post-

screenshot tnet option skin.JPG

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your above post just fine. (Both of them)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see it in both posts there as well, I had to "unhide" your deleted one but the pic showed up in both.

ScubaDad

Jul 1, 2012
Blaine, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no "Mark Thread as Solved" option under "Thread Tools" (using firefox 14). Is it in a different spot?

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can lead a horse to water,but if you can get him to roll over and float you got something
Do you realize the post you quoted is almost 3 years old..?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread