western and eastern treasures?

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I used to access this site from W&E Treasures for decades, and am confused how it became Treasurenet? Also please explain how to post pictures on this site as I never have done this. The children did help once with their telephones and E mail forwarding, Is this how its done? I found today a 1946 Walking Liberty half the year of my birth! When I sold the gold, a gold ring was on floor at the store which paid for my tesoro. Happy trails to you.:4leafclover:

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Posting Images

In the box (block at the bottom of each post or upon post creation) an empty box where you filling the data, text etc.. just above each box is a tool tray.. (colored icons, text editing icon etc) in this tool tray, you would select the "picture" icon.. or the third colored icon from the right..(quick post) or the middle tool try 6th icon from the right again a picture icon (advanced options posting) clicking this icon will open a window where you'll have two options to post images..

1. Upload images from your computer and it will automatically rescale (resize) yeah! they correct that..
  2. Have an image located off site?. (somewhere else).. (photobucket, flickr etc) Just copy and paste the URL in the slot then enter.. Automatically resizes Yeah again for us!

You can try this out in the image posting category a few times.. you can even upload there and use the images afterward within your post.. But it's a bit more difficult to track back the images just have to know the images location and post in the alternate slot.

Need references?
lunapic_133477905556595_3.jpg
Quick Posting

lunapic_133477905556595_1.jpg
Advanced Posting​

Note: Red circles indicate where to locate the upload picture icon.

Hint: Click on the picture to get a closer look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Could you make it so a 4 year old could do it? The part about URL lost me. What is a URL?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Pics are in your Computer
Make a post.

then Click where Wizard circled above in your post.

you should then see BROWSE after a empty rectangular box

Click it , Your pics should appear magically.
choose your pic

Highlight it,by clicking on it once, then hit open

then Find and Click Upload Files

you should see a small version of your pic in your post.
it will grow once you post

Unfortunately there are a few variables between
Clicking where Wizard circled & clicking Upload files
& without seeing your Screen at the time,
I Don't know which way to point you.

So if What I have in Bold dosn't work,
I would need to know where things are different.

& Yes I hate Computer speak also. url etc, mean nothing to me.
I wasn't taught url, icon or any of these other new words in 1960

Last edited:

bryang

Apr 18, 2012
ga
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need help finding this treasure I live five minutes south of Savannah where the trees are marked with biblical references such as the name Paul out of the Bible a trainwheel with a mesazoic era tree growing out of it with the word fairmont carved in the wheel a also I fount the site where it is supposedly burried I am without a metal detector the site was said to be marked with a chain being tied around an oak which took me two weeks to find. A brick which says Atlanta first obviously refering to atlanta first bank which was robbed along with every other. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...24H2Aw&usg=AFQjCNFHYLvBCMwsyLtR1zV0_IUTmM6xsg

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
It is true I'm a wizard of many things with many talents.. being on the computer since the early 90's it's hard to forget the language learn in school. Now a days.. we just click and go.. back then we had to manually enter data.. very time consuming.. Here is the dictionary definition of URL

URL

Computers .1.Uniform Resource Locator: a protocol for specifyingaddresses on the Internet.

2.an address that identifies a particular file on the Internet,usually consisting of the protocol, as http, followed by the domain name.

So accentually the url is an address to another page or this page.. IE: (means for instance)
HTML:
http://treasurenet.com
when I've asked for the image's url (off site) meaning not treasurenet's hosting.. You need to find the site where your images are like photobucket.. (damn, I should be getting paid for this class) So lets supose you have images on this Photobucket site.. you'll need your sites (home page) URl or something like
HTML:
http://photobucket.com/youraccountname/album/image1
etc..

Anyway.. the easiest way to do this is by clicking the photo icon (little picture frame image) in the tool tray.. locate your image on your computer.. click upload, then your set.. the image will automatically resize.. but will appear smaller once it's first on the screen.. I typically center the image by highlighting.. then clicking the center text option. The point her eis your image can be 1000 px by 1000 px and yet be scaled down to fit the screen. However,once you enter the topic and view the image, (click in the pic/image) a window will open thus revealing the larger version of your image for all to see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread